ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 656 of 2689
« First < 156556606646652653654655656 65765865966066670675611561656 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 04:44 PM 02-16-2018
I honestly would love to add Andrew Norwell to LG. I know that’s big money but that position was awful last year. That worked for Oakland with Carr and Osemele. Just a thought about Mahomes’ protection
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 04:48 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I honestly would love to add Andrew Norwell to LG. I know that’s big money but that position was awful last year. That worked for Oakland with Carr and Osemele. Just a thought about Mahomes’ protection
I think we'll see the OL actually look better this year by default of having a QB who can move his feet within the pocket and still throw downfield. No more running into a sack.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:56 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
I’ve been a big advocate for signing Norwell too, but I don’t think its very realistic. The reason why is that the Chiefs are going to give him $12M per year max (IMO), but he’s the only great available guard in this FA class and there are teams out there who can back up the Brink’s truck if they want to.

Kcrockaholic makes a decent point there too. It is my personal belief that Pat’s playing style resembles Aaron Rodgers. Well, Rodgers makes his line look better than it is almost year in and year out due to the threat he presents throwing outside of the pocket. This is something Veach will need to consider too before paying big cash for the LG.

If they can sign him for $12M per, I’d do it for sure. But I don’t see him getting any less than $13-$14M.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:21 PM 02-16-2018
Sure hope Veach does SOMETHING at LG, there isnt much I'm bullish about as far as needing new offensive talent at the moment.... but LG is a must IMO

It doesnt seem unreasonable to ask for just ONE new offensive starter... its been a revolving door of jags far too long
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:10 PM 02-16-2018
Norwell and any expensive signing on the offensive side of the ball would be terrible and short-sighted IMO. I am pretty sure Veach won't go for Norwell. It also depends of what he wants to do with Morse who will be a free agent after this upcoming season.

Whatever you call revolving door at LG did not hinder this team from having the leading rusher in the league, Smith have his best season ever and an overall top 5 offense if I am not mistaken.

I would look to possibly draft a LG, ideally versatile player, as the Chiefs will not just draft on the defensive side of the ball. Or else, you go for a reasonable free agent option and you still have Ehinger who showed some promise in his rookie year.

The big money should go to the defense which obviously needs it.

And you guys need to realize that it will be very expensive to resign Hill, Jones, Peters, Fuller, etc in two years. If you sign Norwell, you might very well be saying goodbye to one of those players.

Really, the best thing would be to draft a LG in the 3rd or 4th round.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:16 PM 02-16-2018
You know, it is kinda weird how easily we forget about Parker Ehinger. The guy was a 4th round pick and started day one. He actually looked like an ascending, solid player before his injury.

He tore 3 of the 4 major knee ligaments, though. A devastating injury. He essentially got redshirted this year.

Maybe he’s their plan A at LG? Cheap, and has showed promise. This gives him an offseason to regain strength and power. It makes some sense.
[Reply]
Buckweath 06:24 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You know, it is kinda weird how easily we forget about Parker Ehinger. The guy was a 4th round pick and started day one. He actually looked like an ascending, solid player before his injury.

He tore 3 of the 4 major knee ligaments, though. A devastating injury. He essentially got redshirted this year.

Maybe he’s their plan A at LG? Cheap, and has showed promise. This gives him an offseason to regain strength and power. It makes some sense.
I wouldn't mind having him as plan A but you better have a good plan B and C because he is an unknown at this point with that injury.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 06:30 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I wouldn't mind having him as plan A but you better have a good plan B and C because he is an unknown at this point with that injury.
Pay Fulton. Keep him at Center.

Let Morse/Ehinger battle it out at LG.
The loser can be the reserve player along with Erving and a draft pick.

Devey won’t be back and Witzmann should get cut. Ehinger is almost $700,000 cheaper than Witzmann too...
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:31 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Pay Fulton. Keep him at Center.

Let Morse/Ehinger battle it out at LG.
The loser can be the reserve player along with Erving and a draft pick.

Devey won’t be back and Witzmann should get cut. Ehinger is almost $700,000 cheaper than Witzmann too...
If we could keep Fulton for a reasonable price, I’d be all for this.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:36 PM 02-16-2018
Damien Woody is a hardcore believer in Patrick. He doubled down today on NFL Live when asked what the odds were that Philip Rivers would reach a SB before his career ends. Woody said he gave him a 10% chance because he thinks Mahomes is going to be a superstar to deal with in the division and AFC and he also cited Brady standing in the way of course.

https://youtu.be/t7G99Few3Bo
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:49 PM 02-16-2018

6'6 and 300... and I bet he doesnt maintain that 300 through the season, just by looking at him, admittedly

He is tall and lanky, with no bucket... and honestly, he didnt look all that great while healthy IMO

It was more of a 'hey, not too bad for a rookie 4th rounder' kinda thing

We need a drive blocking badass in the mix, I'm just tired of this lightweight mobility kick, some of that is great for pulling, versatility etc... but a good line also needs a few manimal snotknockers
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:52 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Sure hope Veach does SOMETHING at LG, there isnt much I'm bullish about as far as needing new offensive talent at the moment.... but LG is a must IMO

It doesnt seem unreasonable to ask for just ONE new offensive starter... its been a revolving door of jags far too long
Better hope that SNR and a couple of others don't read this. They are going to "strongly" disagree.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:54 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
6'6 and 300... and I bet he doesnt maintain that 300 through the season, just by looking at him, admittedly

He is tall and lanky, with no bucket... and honestly, he didnt look all that great while healthy IMO

It was more of a 'hey, not too bad for a rookie 4th rounder' kinda thing

We need a drive blocking badass in the mix, I'm just tired of this lightweight mobility kick, some of that is great for pulling, versatility etc... but a good line also needs a few manimal snotknockers
I actually think Ehinger’s strength as a rookie was that he was that dude who was pretty nasty and mauled from time to time for the running game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:16 PM 02-16-2018
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Better hope that SNR and a couple of others don't read this. They are going to "strongly" disagree.
Really? I was pretty sure most guys wanted to see better physicality from the O line

If you meant offensive skill positions, meh let them disagree... Mahomes has a trio most QBs would kill for in Hill, Hunt, and Kelce

I actually think Ehinger’s strength as a rookie was that he was that dude who was pretty nasty and mauled from time to time for the running game.
I honestly dont remember it that way, but either way... its gonna be interesting to see what Veach does/doesnt do there

My money says we grab a reliable vet, we'll see
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:33 PM 02-16-2018
https://youtu.be/SfZvV4OXvmE
[Reply]
Page 656 of 2689
« First < 156556606646652653654655656 65765865966066670675611561656 > Last »
Up