ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 211
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:33 AM 06-11-2019

Yup. The Cardinals beat the worst team in the National League 4-1 on 4 hits and 3 unearned errors. I'm glad Wacha dominated the maybe worst offense in baseball, but I'm not feeling any more confident today.

— CardsCards (@StlCardsCards) June 11, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:59 PM 06-11-2019
Hamas, 7 straight starts still a small sample size?

Imagine running a 14% / 10% strikeout/walk rates and thinking that you found a “groove” on the mound https://t.co/ar0OhDcJ0K

— Zach Gifford (@zjgifford) June 11, 2019

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:26 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Hamas, 7 straight starts still a small sample size?

Go look at Jason Vargas' numbers. And he's pure trash. That tweet is also lampooning him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:21 PM 06-11-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Go look at Jason Vargas' numbers. And he's pure trash. That tweet is also lampooning him.
I trust you on the numbers. You know your shit. I’m going off my eyeballs that even with a good set are unreliable as a barometer of future success. Not saying he’s got a Flaherty ceiling but he seems to be a good low4/high5 innings eater.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:32 PM 06-11-2019
I trust you on the numbers. You know your shit. I’m going off my eyeballs that even with a good set are unreliable as a barometer of future success. Not saying he’s got a Flaherty ceiling but he seems to be a good low4/high5 innings eater.
Unfortunately, this team is bereft of high ceiling pitching. Reyes being a total bust so far is killer, as was Weaver pitching his way out to AZ, and Martinez turning into a middle reliever.

The developmental system and or the organization has really failed by hyping them too much and allowing some of them to use high risk mechanics.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 PM 06-11-2019
Unfortunately, this team is bereft of high ceiling pitching. Reyes being a total bust so far is killer, as was Weaver pitching his way out to AZ, and Martinez turning into a middle reliever.

The developmental system and or the organization has really failed by hyping them too much and allowing some of them to use high risk mechanics.
this whole organization needs an huge shake up. They are all coasting. No urgency. Like DJ says, trying to maybe get 90 wins and a WC instead of trying to win a division and a WS. They are fat and happy. The locker room is okay with the losing. The manager says ohh well got to trust the process and your guys. Their system ain’t working anymore. We have been lapped.

We need Mo gone to start with. And Dewitt to get off his ass and care about the losing again. I think a reckoning is a coming if they keep up this uninspiring .500 ball. This is the same BS we had with Mo and Matheny. Matheny is gone, Mo needs to go now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:16 PM 06-11-2019

This team seems to have a lot of mental midgets like Martinez and Carpenter. They don't handle stress well at all. No edge, no resilience. Unlike when LaRussa and Jocketty were around.

Missing a combo of LaRussa edge and Jocketty eye for talent?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:55 PM 06-11-2019

Back on February 27, I wrote about how I'd like Dakota Hudson to aim for a 150-degree spin axis on his cutter. Since May 1 (not including tonight), his cutter is averaging a 145-degree spin axis. Before May, it was 130 degrees. Hmmm...🧐 https://t.co/5ii3YrFwzm

— stlCupofJoe (@stlCupofJoe) June 12, 2019

[Reply]
Marcellus 03:52 PM 06-12-2019
Bernie wrote a pretty good article about the Cardinals team lacking "edge" and the clubhouse being too comfortable. Here is a snipit.

Originally Posted by :
In praising starting pitcher Michael Wacha for his aggressive mound demeanor while throwing six shutout innings against the Marlins on Monday night, manager Mike Shildt said something that jumped out at me.

“That hunger you saw,” Shildt said, “is something we maybe need to see all the time from our guys competing.”

Whoa.

This qualifies as a hot-take quote from the relentlessly upbeat Shildt. His comment caught my attention for two reasons:

1. It’s truthful. Shildt made the observation for a reason, or he wouldn’t have said it. Perhaps Shildt is beginning to use his pre- and-postgame media sessions to send messages to his players. This was a favorite tactic used by Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa during his 16 seasons in St. Louis.

2. Shildt’s remark resonated with those who believe the Cardinals lack “edge” in competing. I’m in that group. I’m not saying they’re soft, or that they don’t care. This team runs the bases hard. I’m talking more about the team’s overall personality.

[Reply]
Marcellus 06:22 PM 06-12-2019
Cards are getting shut out through 5 innings by a guy making his first start ever in MLB.

Meanwhile their "ace" has given up 5 runs to the worst team in baseball.

:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:22 PM 06-14-2019
Today was entertaining baseball. But this is just sad and pathetic.

This is disappointing. https://t.co/tqOQStFT9G

— stlCupofJoe (@stlCupofJoe) June 15, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:33 PM 06-14-2019
I saw this live and noticed it. Bet everyone was going WTF? Let the kids have some fun for crissakes.

I’m seeing this, right? The #Mets actually find the only two kid fans enjoying themselves in this latest soul-crushing game, and shut down the fun #NewYorkMeh pic.twitter.com/i0ClfkCIVA

— Keith Olbermann (@KeithOlbermann) June 15, 2019

[Reply]
jd1020 09:53 PM 06-14-2019
Today was entertaining baseball. But this is just sad and pathetic.

Was it Zobrist's wife?
[Reply]
O.city 08:19 AM 06-15-2019
That’s sad. People make mistakes and I hope they can get thru it
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 AM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
That’s sad. People make mistakes and I hope they can get thru it
She sounds pretty pissed right now. Geezz your laying around pregnant and your hubby is doing this?

Hope it doesn't embarrass him enough to quit broadcasting. He's the best one we got.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 211
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117167 > Last »
Up