ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 211
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Official 2019 STL Cardinals Thread****
BigRedChief 03:23 AM 01-10-2019
Cardinals announce 25-man Opening Day roster for the 2019 season.
Spoiler!

2019 Opening Day Line up
Spoiler!

Won the Central Division. Won the NLDS.

NLDS Playoff roster
Spoiler!

NLDS Playoff Game 1 starting lineup
Spoiler!

NLCS Game One Starting lineup
Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:59 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Agreed on Martinez, we need him as a starter. It would also help if someone finds the Alex Reyes voodoo doll and destroys it.
THIS!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He’s right though. This is probably the best the offense can perform, and that probably won’t last all season. The pitching has been meh and other than Mikolas they are getting the results they should be.
no one in here thinks we are the 3rd best team in baseball regardless of our current record. I still think we make the playoffs but as a WC. Then it’s a crapshoot. And the odds are not on our side. But.......I’d rather watch the team play hard, battle back, run the bases, and play some acceptable defense and then get our asses handed to us in the playoffs than watch whatever the Fuck that Matheny coached team was doing.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:09 PM 04-30-2019
They let Gomber’s spring dictate too much and they overvalued Hudson’s spring. Gomber has pitched pretty well at AAA so far, he has an excellent WHIP and still striking out a batter an inning. He probably get’s the start instead of Ponce if he hadn’t pitched the day before, at least I would hope so. He should be the first call up once Waino hits the wall, and he unfortunately I think he will. Wacha I can’t figure out, he looks hurt at times throwing a maxed out 91 mph fastball and the next batter he he throws a free and easy 95. His off speed stuff has been inconsistent as well.

Mikolas I think will be fine, his stuff is still good. He should eat more innings for us too as he he gets on track.
Both will be in the rotation before the All-Star break. I have no confidence in Waino to maintain this level of consistency and Wacha will get hurt somehow, someway.
[Reply]
VAChief 06:30 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Both will be in the rotation before the All-Star break. I have no confidence in Waino to maintain this level of consistency and Wacha will get hurt somehow, someway.
Oh c’mon you don’t think he can duplicate at least one bases loaded “kick save” a game? :-)

Ride him as long as you can I suppose.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 PM 04-30-2019
Oh c’mon you don’t think he can duplicate at least one bases loaded “kick save” a game? :-)

Ride him as long as you can I suppose.
oh yeah, they are both acceptable now. But, we and every person who follows the Cardinals know the breakdowns are coming from these guys. Looks like their replacements can do just as good and maybe better than them. I guess that’s a good thing.
[Reply]
VAChief 07:13 PM 04-30-2019
Sure glad we extended Carpenter for two years BEYOND the option year we already had for next year, pissing away any leverage we had. :-)
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:56 PM 04-30-2019
Sure glad we extended Carpenter for two years BEYOND the option year we already had for next year, pissing away any leverage we had. :-)
Dude is a mess and won't ever be consistent. I have been too hard on him at times but every time I think he is OK, he goes on a 4-28 tear like right now.

31 strikeouts, 19 walks and hitting .219 batting fucking leadoff.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:01 PM 04-30-2019
no one in here thinks we are the 3rd best team in baseball regardless of our current record. I still think we make the playoffs but as a WC. Then it’s a crapshoot. And the odds are not on our side. But.......I’d rather watch the team play hard, battle back, run the bases, and play some acceptable defense and then get our asses handed to us in the playoffs than watch whatever the Fuck that Matheny coached team was doing.
I’m not so sure they’re not the best team in the Central, honestly. Just pointing out they could be playing their best ball right now.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:07 PM 04-30-2019
I’m not so sure they’re not the best team in the Central, honestly. Just pointing out they could be playing their best ball right now.
We had a long run of knowing we were the best team in the division and would not do anything to beat ourselves.

We may be inching back that direction.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:16 PM 04-30-2019
Chalk up another W. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:31 PM 04-30-2019
When you strike out 8/9 times it’s time to take a day off. Didn’t they move him down to the 5th spot last year and then he took off on a hot streak?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:32 PM 04-30-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Chalk up another W. :-)
When Miller comes in with a 1 run lead in the 9th and you still win, things are going your way.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:34 PM 04-30-2019
When you strike out 8/9 times it’s time to take a day off. Didn’t they move him down to the 5th spot last year and then he took off on a hot streak?
Dude is a mental mess. Alway will be.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:40 PM 04-30-2019
It's just nice to be happy about wins again.

I have no idea how we made it through the Matheny era. It has to be similar to hate-fucking an ex or something, right?

As for Waino - curve wasn't quite vintage tonight but it wasn't far removed. Looked good tonight. But it's just gonna be tough for him to keep tricking guys by pitching backwards.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 PM 04-30-2019
I’m not so sure they’re not the best team in the Central, honestly.
Hey, I’m the resident homer. That’s my job.
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We had a long run of knowing we were the best team in the division and would not do anything to beat ourselves.

We may be inching back that direction.
I like the way we are playing fundamental baseball. Been since Larussa we have seen the baseball that we were known to play for decades.
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's just nice to be happy about wins again.
Matheny made it feel like it’s been decades since we played good baseball. Good to finally feel like we are past that era.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 211
« First < 374344454647 484950515797147 > Last »
Up