ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 251
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251 >
Hall of Classics>***OFFICIAL Kansas City Royals Vs. Oakland A's Post Season Wild Card Thread 9/30***
gblowfish 11:01 PM 09-29-2014
Let me start by saying,
I ****ING hate Oakland.
I despise ALL THINGS OAKLAND.
I especially despise the Oakland Raiders, Oakland Fans, and today I especially despise their weak ass, carpetbagging "Oakland "A's" baseball team.
Why?
Glad you asked.
I'll tell you why:
Because I'm old enough to remember what happened here, and what has been stolen from us as a city.

Let me tell you a story from a long time ago:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bowser 11:14 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Fuckin announcer said it was "the right call". I was like "WHAAAAAT??!!"
Ripken should have cock punched the guy that said that.
[Reply]
Dartgod 11:31 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
****in announcer said it was "the right call". I was like "WHAAAAAT??!!"
He kept trying to justify the call by say that his almost his entire body went into foul territory.

Yes it did. AFTER his glove touched the ball in FAIR territory.

I don't know who that guy was, but he was terrible. The Lester cum guzzling after they took the 4 run lead was even worse.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:36 AM 10-01-2014
Man. I was at the game last night so I didn't get to take part in this thread.

Just wanna say kudos to everyone that did. I just read back through the highlights and I found myself reliving all of the emotion that we had in the stadium. It was just incredible.

Reading over this, I laughed, I got teary-eyed, I got angry. You guys are the best commentators in sports.

Favorite quote after the win, "My undies are pregnant!"
[Reply]
lcarus 11:38 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
He kept trying to justify the call by say that his almost his entire body went into foul territory.

Yes it did. AFTER his glove touched the ball in FAIR territory.

I don't know who that guy was, but he was terrible. The Lester cum guzzling after they took the 4 run lead was even worse.
Yeah no kidding. It's like, we get it. Lester is good. Fuck off now.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:43 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0:
Did you see Finnegan pitch against Moss? Leaving Shields in against Moss was not an option.

Two options there: Duffy or Finnegan.

But, classic Ned. Terrible with his bullpen.
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.

If they would have gone with Finnegan, people would have freaked out saying you can't go with a guy that is so unproven and was playing in college just months ago.

If he would have went with Duffy everybody would be saying you can't depend on a guy that is just coming back from an injury. Who had just pitched recently. Ventura had just pitched recently as well, and he was allowed a low pitch count to give him availability for the AL Wild Card game.

Personally, I would have used Duffy assuming we are confident on his health. Shields was struggling and you get two on and want to get someone in the game that can get some strikeouts and give you the best chance to get out of the inning. Ventura pitches well against LH batters and has given up the least amount of HR's of any starter. People that clamor for using Herrera, well Ventura has a HIGHER K rate than Herrera even though is a reliever. I have no qualms with it whatsoever. If it would have worked you guys wouldn't be saying a ****ing thing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:43 AM 10-01-2014
From page 38 on is just fucking awesome.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:03 PM 10-01-2014
Bwillie...

Moss has never hit lefties well. You use a lefty against Moss 10 times out of 10 in that situation.
[Reply]
Bruiser 12:11 PM 10-01-2014
WAY TO GO BRUISER!
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 12:14 PM 10-01-2014
Memo to Chiefs from your friends across the parking lot at the K:

You may now go and win a post-season game without the mounting pressure of ending the city's playoff win drought. We are happy to help. And you are welcome.

- Sincerely...the Royals
[Reply]
FishingRod 12:17 PM 10-01-2014
What a game
Attached: royals ssb.jpg (26.6 KB) 
[Reply]
J Diddy 12:20 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:

You may now go and win a post-season game without the mounting pressure of ending the city's playoff win drought. We are happy to help. And you are welcome.

- Sincerely...the Royals
:-)
[Reply]
Dr. Van Halen 12:36 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:

- Sincerely...the Royals
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 12:45 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen:
Does a one game play-in count? I thought they'd have to win a series to get that monkey off the city's back.
The wild card in baseball is a one game series. They won the one game series. Therefore, I'm unsure as to the point you're making.
[Reply]
sedated 12:56 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ned is terrible, but I can't fault him much for the Ventura decision. You have been touting going to Ventura in the pen the entire year so far.
Yeah, going with a rookie starter that has 1 relief appearance in his career, 2 on no out, in the biggest game for this franchise in 30 years. Sounds like a great idea.

Nerves/experience aside, he is a righty who had to face a lefty...who had already crushed our starter earlier in the game. Ideally you would have a lefty with experience getting out of jams, but just one of those would do and Ventura is neither.
[Reply]
Hootie 12:56 PM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Dr. Van Halen:
Oh, it counts
[Reply]
Page 247 of 251
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251 >
Up