ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chief and Bills - bullies of the AFC
htismaqe 07:36 AM 04-09-2021
AFC Roster Reset: Conference hierarchy heading into 2021 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs are coming off the worst two months since the start of the Patrick Mahomes era. Just remember that these are champagne problems. This is an organization that is a coin toss away from three straight AFC titles led by a quarterback whose first three seasons as a starter rival any QB span in the history of the sport. The Chiefs remain conference favorites until proven otherwise, but they've given hope to the rest of the pack because of an offseason which has gone sideways like their latest Super Bowl appearance.
After three months of hirings and firings, cuts and signings, let's break down the AFC hierarchy heading into the 2021 NFL Draft.

The bullies
Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills.

The Chiefs and Bills are the only two teams I can't imagine missing the playoffs, barring disastrous injury problems. Buffalo elevating this high is a credit to the methodical decisions made by coach Sean McDermott and his hand-picked general manager, Brandon Beane, since their arrival in 2017. By the time McDermott's fundamental defense experienced a so-so year in 2020, the offense was fully formed enough to pick up the slack. I like the value in the Bills re-signing Matt Milano and tackle Daryl Williams. I love the offensive core of players, the coaching staff and most of the defensive core. The Bills could still use help in the defensive front seven via the draft, but their floor should be as a double-digit-win team.

The Chiefs didn't intend to have so much cap space left over for signings like defensive tackle Jarran Reed. They released OTs Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz with the intention to spend big on the offensive line. While they obtained guard Joe Thuney, Trent Williams turned down a big offer. They also weren't able to pull off a reunion with center Rodney Hudson, while JuJu Smith-Schuster passed on a chance to catch passes from Mahomes. Still, in an offense-first league, K.C.'s doing just fine. Needing two tackles entering the draft is a rough spot to be in, but not as rough as being one of the 31 other teams that don't have Mahomes.
https://www.nfl.com/news/afc-roster-...2021-nfl-draft
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 07:23 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
Spags was supposedly the brady killer too but that didn't work out so well the last game.
I think it did, take away the ref assisted first downs/points and it’s a whole different game. There is absolutely nothing anyone on that field could have done to change the outcome that the NFL wanted.
[Reply]
eDave 07:42 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It's KC.

If Mahomes is out there and we have at least 2 or 3 starters left on OL we are going back to the Super Bowl.
Yawn.

Lol
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:45 PM 04-09-2021
Pat's will overtake the Bills this year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:41 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I was just about to say this.

I guess I wouldn’t say they’re for sure overtaking them, but it’s gonna be a battle. That whole division is shaping up to be fairly interesting.
[Reply]
eDave 03:26 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I was just about to say this.

I guess I wouldn’t say they’re for sure overtaking them, but it’s gonna be a battle. That whole division is shaping up to be fairly interesting.
It's going to be a Bucs vs. Pats/Brady vs. Bill Superbowl, isn't it?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:44 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
It's going to be a Bucs vs. Pats/Brady vs. Bill Superbowl, isn't it?

No, it really isn’t.

Who’s playing QB for the Patriots? That’s still an issue.

They aren’t beating Mahomes in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:26 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
I think it did, take away the ref assisted first downs/points and it’s a whole different game. There is absolutely nothing anyone on that field could have done to change the outcome that the NFL wanted.
It was total bullshit. Refs fucked us hard and it was on purpose. Record setting penalties in the SB and it just so happened to be Brady. The king kong of getting ref help.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 06:33 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
It was total bullshit. Refs ****ed us hard and it was on purpose. Record setting penalties in the SB and it just so happened to be Brady. The king kong of getting ref help.
If you flip the penalties each team received, who wins that game?
[Reply]
eDave 06:36 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
No, it really isn’t.

Who’s playing QB for the Patriots? That’s still an issue.

They aren’t beating Mahomes in the playoffs.
They will if the NFL wants them too.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:05 AM 04-10-2021
Bills = Bullies?!? WTF??

What have the Bills done to earn THAT status?

This is the Chiefs show in the AFC, has been for the last 3 years, will continue to be. Assuming that ‘powers that be’ don’t intervene to say otherwise (I’m looking at you AFC Title game refs against Pats)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:35 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
They will if the NFL wants them too.

It’s not all a conspiracy, man.

The Patriots still have no QB. That’s an issue. They may not even make the playoffs.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:54 AM 04-10-2021
This sums up the article.

"but not as rough as being one of the 31 other teams that don't have Mahomes".

Our saving grace here and who would have thought this just 6 yrs ago with our team situation at the QB position. God blessed our organization for sure.:-)
[Reply]
scho63 10:14 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
We could have made adjustments at halftime and we didn't.

I blame the 2nd half fail on Andy. We didn't we keep more blockers in to protect Mahomes?

I'll never understand that.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:21 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
We need to see sustained high level play from Josh Allen before declaring that Buffalo is a consistent contender.

Allen’s play in the playoffs last year was mediocre... even in their two wins.
I commend your "football eyes". I think and feel the same about Allen as well. He and Prescott(for that matter) do not have near the "QB instinct or QB intellect" that Mahomes displays.

Mahomes plays the NFL QB position like he is playing Madden, "even with a back up o-line in front of him". Those 2 extraordinary athletic passes that should have been caught for TDs in SB55 prove it !!:-)

God is great, beer is good and Mahomes is crazy GOOD !!:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 10:28 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
I'll never understand that.
Agreed.

Andy panicked IMHO. He felt he needed ALL offensive weapons on board so as not to limit his playbook. When instead to your point he should have kept more folks in to block so that Pat had more time. Mahomes is soooooo good even when you limit his offensive weapons to some degree, HE STILL makes plays and this is what Andy failed to realize or he did realize but chose otherwise.:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up