ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chief and Bills - bullies of the AFC
htismaqe 07:36 AM 04-09-2021
AFC Roster Reset: Conference hierarchy heading into 2021 NFL Draft

Originally Posted by :
The Kansas City Chiefs are coming off the worst two months since the start of the Patrick Mahomes era. Just remember that these are champagne problems. This is an organization that is a coin toss away from three straight AFC titles led by a quarterback whose first three seasons as a starter rival any QB span in the history of the sport. The Chiefs remain conference favorites until proven otherwise, but they've given hope to the rest of the pack because of an offseason which has gone sideways like their latest Super Bowl appearance.
After three months of hirings and firings, cuts and signings, let's break down the AFC hierarchy heading into the 2021 NFL Draft.

The bullies
Kansas City Chiefs, Buffalo Bills.

The Chiefs and Bills are the only two teams I can't imagine missing the playoffs, barring disastrous injury problems. Buffalo elevating this high is a credit to the methodical decisions made by coach Sean McDermott and his hand-picked general manager, Brandon Beane, since their arrival in 2017. By the time McDermott's fundamental defense experienced a so-so year in 2020, the offense was fully formed enough to pick up the slack. I like the value in the Bills re-signing Matt Milano and tackle Daryl Williams. I love the offensive core of players, the coaching staff and most of the defensive core. The Bills could still use help in the defensive front seven via the draft, but their floor should be as a double-digit-win team.

The Chiefs didn't intend to have so much cap space left over for signings like defensive tackle Jarran Reed. They released OTs Eric Fisher and Mitchell Schwartz with the intention to spend big on the offensive line. While they obtained guard Joe Thuney, Trent Williams turned down a big offer. They also weren't able to pull off a reunion with center Rodney Hudson, while JuJu Smith-Schuster passed on a chance to catch passes from Mahomes. Still, in an offense-first league, K.C.'s doing just fine. Needing two tackles entering the draft is a rough spot to be in, but not as rough as being one of the 31 other teams that don't have Mahomes.
https://www.nfl.com/news/afc-roster-...2021-nfl-draft
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:48 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Give me staylor's guy Stone Forsythe. We have the interior better now. Good luck getting around Niang and Forsythe before Mahomes gets the ball out.

That would allow us to take a weapon on offense at 31 or drop back 10 spots.

Maybe Elijah Moore early 2nd and then Forsythe later in the 2nd.
Mahomes is a master at evading EDGE guys....how many times have we seen him take a step up, let the EDGE go around him, then vacate to that side. I can think of maybe one instance where an EDGE could circle back around and actually get home in that situation.....

And now he'll have much more room in front of him to do more of that.....
[Reply]
crispystl 09:23 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Low key storyline between the Bills/Chiefs: Spags owns Josh Allen. He’s made him look terrible both times his defense faced him last season.
This is true. The defense played so well in the AFC championship game I think we might've won with Henne instead of Mahomes. It would've been a damn good game for sure.
[Reply]
TEX 09:46 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
If Josh Allen gets fully vaccinated, look out Chiefs and Bucs!
:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:59 AM 04-09-2021
This is the way I see things as of last season/now. As always, it'll be interesting to see who progresses/regresses, but I think this is a pretty good hierarchy heading into this year.

Chiefs

Bills
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Colts
Steelers
Dolphins
Chargers
Raiders

Patriots
Broncos
Bengals

Texans
Jets
Jaguars
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:03 AM 04-09-2021
Until someone in the AFC not named Tom Brady beats us in the playoffs, it's the Chiefs and then everyone else.
[Reply]
scho63 10:14 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
This is the way I see things as of last season/now. As always, it'll be interesting to see who progresses/regresses, but I think this is a pretty good hierarchy heading into this year.

Chiefs

Bills
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Colts
Steelers
Dolphins
Chargers
Raiders

Patriots
Broncos
Bengals

Texans
Jets
Jaguars
You gotta pegged pretty good.

I think this years sleeper team will be the Colts.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:31 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Chiefs

Bills
Ravens
Titans
Browns

Colts
Steelers
Dolphins
Chargers
Raiders

Patriots
Broncos
Bengals

Texans
Jets
Jaguars
You could flip the Raiders and the Patriots, but solid job nonetheless.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:37 AM 04-09-2021
Tier 1: Chiefs

Tier 2:Bills
Ravens

Tier 3:Titans
Browns
Colts
Steelers

Tier 4: everybody else

That’s what I see
[Reply]
Kman34 11:02 AM 04-09-2021
We’ve been the AFC West bullies for 4 years now...

[Reply]
TEX 11:11 AM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Kman34:
We’ve been the AFC West bullies for 4 years now...
5, but who's counting?... WE ARE!
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:14 AM 04-09-2021
I think the Ravens step back big time this year.....and that's before saying that, at some point, Lamar is going to break
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:48 AM 04-09-2021
We need to see sustained high level play from Josh Allen before declaring that Buffalo is a consistent contender.

Allen’s play in the playoffs last year was mediocre... even in their two wins.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:09 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
I think the Ravens step back big time this year.....and that's before saying that, at some point, Lamar is going to break
If they don't this year it will be soon once they have to pay Jackson. This is probably the last year they get him dirt cheap and based off his limitations it will be harder to build a winner around him when he is collecting top 5 QB money.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:14 PM 04-09-2021
Browns are the weird kid trying to fit in that ends up ass in the air with his head getting a swirlie. Don't let meck read that.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 07:21 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Low key storyline between the Bills/Chiefs: Spags owns Josh Allen. He’s made him look terrible both times his defense faced him last season.
Spags was supposedly the brady killer too but that didn't work out so well the last game.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up