Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>RIP - Prince Phillip
Baby Lee 05:34 AM 04-09-2021
[Reply]
Pablo 08:43 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Renegade:
Still looks better than Al Davis when he died
Al Davis looked like a mole's nutsack for the last 40 years of his life. His son is continuing the legacy.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:49 AM 04-10-2021

[Reply]
frozenchief 09:50 AM 04-10-2021
I don’t get the American fascination with British royalty. We left that shit 250 years ago. Having said that, he apparently had quite the way with words:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-b1829205.html

Among his greatest quotes:

“You managed not to get eaten then?" To a British student who had trekked in Papua New Guinea, during an official visit in 1998

“How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?" Asked of a Scottish driving instructor in 1995.

“Aren't most of you descended from pirates?" In the Cayman Islands, 1994.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:53 AM 04-10-2021
How come he wasn't King? Because he married into the family and wasn't a Windsor?

(not that the Windsor's are Windsors, but that's another issue)
[Reply]
seclark 11:21 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Shocking. He looked so healthy in recent photos. Take advantage of every day, you never know which one might be your last.

Appears the chap had the teeth for the job.

Why did they need to tape his ear on?
sec
[Reply]
Otter 11:29 AM 04-10-2021

[Reply]
Rain Man 11:38 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
How come he wasn't King? Because he married into the family and wasn't a Windsor?

I never paid much attention, but I think the crown is passed through bloodline if possible, right? So she was in line for the crown and he just happened to marry her. The bloodline then went down to Charles.

I'm sure there's some scenario where he could have gotten it, maybe if she didn't have kids or something. But again, I've never really looked into it since I think I'm not anywhere high in the chain of succession.
[Reply]
Fish 11:41 AM 04-10-2021
How can you be that rich, and still not fix those nasty fucking teeth?
[Reply]
Bowser 11:53 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
How can you be that rich, and still not fix those nasty fucking teeth?
YOR A RIGHT CHEEKY CUNT, AREN'TYA? I'LL BLEED YOUR FACE, I SWEAR ON ME MUM *loose tooth falls out*
[Reply]
Bowser 11:54 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I never paid much attention, but I think the crown is passed through bloodline if possible, right? So she was in line for the crown and he just happened to marry her. The bloodline then went down to Charles.

I'm sure there's some scenario where he could have gotten it, maybe if she didn't have kids or something. But again, I've never really looked into it since I think I'm not anywhere high in the chain of succession.
That's what I'm assuming. He was Dutch royalty, iirc, so clearly it was a marriage of convenience to stop those two countries from nuking each other. I'm guessing.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:55 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
How can you be that rich, and still not fix those nasty ****ing teeth?
It was a job requirement.

If you're chained in a dungeon and the king comes down to threaten you and mock you, which is more terrifying? A king with perfect teeth or a king with crooked teeth?
[Reply]
Donger 12:00 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Yes, and I fucking hate that I knew/know that...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:01 PM 04-10-2021

According to NPR in the car, formal refusal of any claim to succession was a condition of the marriage. So apparently, without that refusal there might have been [or would arise from the union] a claim somehow. Beyond that, I don't know. Just that it was something that had to be negotiated to wed.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:31 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
According to NPR in the car, formal refusal of any claim to succession was a condition of the marriage. So apparently, without that refusal there might have been [or would arise from the union] a claim somehow. Beyond that, I don't know. Just that it was something that had to be negotiated to wed.
So does that mean that all of the other people in England are ahead of him in line for the throne? If he was one of only two people left after a big meteor strike, the other person would be his king or queen?
[Reply]
Bowser 02:52 PM 04-10-2021
So does that mean that all of the other people in England are ahead of him in line for the throne? If he was one of only two people left after a big meteor strike, the other person would be his king or queen?
He's likely buried in the "other" graveyard behind Buckingham Palace.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up