ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Simms Take on OL Prospects in 2021 Draft
Tribal Warfare 04:32 PM 04-08-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 03:09 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I read and look at these LT prospects, the more I wanna send 2 1s and a 3rd to the Texans for Tunsil
:-)
[Reply]
staylor26 03:11 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think there's a few more guys that will at least start out at LT. But I'm not sure there's any blue chippers outside of a couple of guys.
I just don’t see any reason to say Jenkins can’t play LT. I’ve seen him be successful against both speed and power, his arms are longer than everybody expected and right at the benchmark, and he’s done it before.

He might not be an All-Pro LT, but next to Thuney I think the left side of our OL could be as good as it’s ever been during Reid’s tenure.
[Reply]
O.city 03:12 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I’m just not sure there are any in our range other than developmental type hit or miss dudes

I dunno
[Reply]
TEX 03:23 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I read and look at these LT prospects, the more I wanna send 2 1s and a 3rd to the Texans for Tunsil
[Reply]
D.A.P. 03:24 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Of those 6 he thinks about two of them are legit NFL LT's.

Jenkins, a CP favorite, Chris thinks is more of a guard in the NFL.
Trezelle 2.0
[Reply]
staylor26 03:26 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by D.A.P.:
Trezelle 2.0
Yea because their names are similar, so obviously!

That’s about as lazy as it gets.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:00 PM 04-09-2021
At best, I think Jenkins is a RT.

I absolutely agree with him. I think Slater is a LT in the NFL but he'll be much better inside.

That leaves Sewell and Darrisaw as sure fire LT's. Everybody else has flaws of some kind or another that suggest they just won't be premiere NFL LT's.
Nonsense. He’s played LT in college and played in the big 12. He’s got system experience and measurables+athleticism.

I think he’s the 4th best tackle and I would take him over the rest. Dude is nasty, he’s bigger and stronger than Fisher. Dude can anchor well and his feet are quick.

I think that he’s one of our highest rated players
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:06 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Nonsense. He’s played LT in college and played in the big 12. He’s got system experience and measurables+athleticism.

I think he’s the 4th best tackle and I would take him over the rest. Dude is nasty, he’s bigger and stronger than Fisher. Dude can anchor well and his feet are quick.

I think that he’s one of our highest rated players
That's why I've been posting Jenkins' scouting and highlight videos. The Chiefs definitely believe he's a versatile OL capable of playing both OG and Tackle positions.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:36 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That’s interesting. I don’t have any problem with that TBH.

ESPN layoffs seem to be taking their toll. They can’t even post correct info :-)
That was the arm length they measured him at in college. I read a report on it, it was from like 2018 or something. Might have been his freshman check-in come to think of it.

They were 33-3/8 at the EXPOS pro day.

They just keep magically growing.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:41 PM 04-09-2021
Based on what?
RTs do face more and more speed and variation across from them, but as a rule they still tend to see less speed and more power. I'm not sure the valuation at the position is all that much different anymore, but I think I'd put a bit more priority on a LT that can match speed than a RT, albeit slight. And the biggest reason may ultimately be that you need to better guarantee the left side gets locked down for a right-handed QB than you do the right.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:52 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
RTs do face more and more speed and variation across from them, but as a rule they still tend to see less speed and more power. I'm not sure the valuation at the position is all that much different anymore, but I think I'd put a bit more priority on a LT that can match speed than a RT, albeit slight. And the biggest reason may ultimately be that you need to better guarantee the left side gets locked down for a right-handed QB than you do the right.
I don’t disagree with any of this.

But Jenkins showed the ability to handle speed. He did an excellent job against Ossai for example.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:05 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That was the arm length they measured him at in college. I read a report on it, it was from like 2018 or something. Might have been his freshman check-in come to think of it.

They were 33-3/8 at the EXPOS pro day.

They just keep magically growing.

All intents and purposes he could have been growing because he's still a kid.
[Reply]
kcbubb 07:32 AM 04-10-2021
At best, I think Jenkins is a RT.

I absolutely agree with him. I think Slater is a LT in the NFL but he'll be much better inside.

That leaves Sewell and Darrisaw as sure fire LT's. Everybody else has flaws of some kind or another that suggest they just won't be premiere NFL LT's.
Simms loves darrisaw! That’s really the theme of this is darrisaw is way better than slater.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:20 AM 04-10-2021
Based on what?
Based on his playing experience, based on the scouting reports I've read.

I think all of these guys have things about them that are detrimental to being a long-term, good NFL LT.

Not saying they can't be great, just don't think it's highly probable that more than 1 or 2 of them will be.

It's just not a very great class at the top - deep yes, high floor, but low ceiling.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:23 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Simms loves darrisaw! That’s really the theme of this is darrisaw is way better than slater.
Darrisaw is my favorite LT prospect in this draft.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up