ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 28
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:26 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You dumb ****s don't get it. Young, healthy people pass it onto older, unhealthy people. They're bridges. Vaccination burns the ****ing bridge.

But you piece of shit "personal responsibility" Ayn Rand ****wads can't wrap your bald, goateed, monster energy nacho brains around that idea.

Same goes for the yoga-mom, eastern medicine, health and wellness SoCal bitches who think personal growth books outweigh medical degrees and being woke means being educated.

Actually the older and fatter, obese people are more likely to be super spreaders. Yet I don't see them stopping their food habits in the last year.

Guess they aren't trying to help us either.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:28 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by arrwheader:
The vaccine was rushed out in a year and it's still an experiment I don't blame healthy least at risk people to wait it out a bit. I don't see a problem with this especially if people who are more at risk are being vaccinated first.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Why do you guys keep calling this vaccine rushed , that implies they cut corners , they already had existing tech and have been working on coronavirus vaccines since 2003 , if you throw 10x more money and people at a problem you would expect getting results sooner doesn't mean it was rushed.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:28 AM 04-08-2021
But If those people are already being vaccinated then what's the harm if you wait? The vaccine is is widely available now if your high risk you can get it. So if I decide to hold off a bit because I'm not worried it should be ok because if your high risk and you decide to not get vaccinated well wouldn't that be your own fault?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
I would prefer my 6 year old daughter with asthma who can't get the vaccine not get COVID.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:32 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Why do you guys keep calling this vaccine rushed , that implies they cut corners , they already had existing tech and have been working on coronavirus vaccines since 2003 , if you throw 10x more money and people at a problem you would expect getting results sooner doesn't mean it was rushed.
Why doesn't the vaccine have full FDA approval yet?
[Reply]
kcclone 08:32 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.

Josh Allen is asshoe

The CCP must give him negative social credit to fix this!
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:36 AM 04-08-2021
Fair, but can you not see that getting a vaccine out like this is unprecedented? I can see where people might be a bit spooked and it is still categorized as experimental.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:39 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Why doesn't the vaccine have full FDA approval yet?
The same people who regulate cigarette are the gold standard for safety?
[Reply]
Monticore 08:41 AM 04-08-2021
Fair, but can you not see that getting a vaccine out like this is unprecedented? I can see where people might be a bit spooked and it is still categorized as experimental.
There was a safe effective vaccine for h1n1 with it a year , there was an issue with and earlier vaccine but that one wasn’t the one approved and used by most , I got it within a year as well as my kids and we are still doing fine .
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:44 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I would prefer my 6 year old daughter with asthma who can't get the vaccine not get COVID.
Makes sense for you to get it you are high risk OR interact with a potential high risk person.

Ok so if kids can get the virus but they can't get vaccinated wouldn't that mean that even if all adults got vaccinated kids will still spread it amongst themselves? Still a risk there, and you could argue the risk stays the same even with adults vaccinated because kids interact with kids probably more than adults.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:48 AM 04-08-2021
You are aware you live in the USA where selfishness has become the highest virtue, right?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:49 AM 04-08-2021
Keep your daughter in a bubble then, I love all the virtue signaling.

"I'm saving other lives getting vaccinated!"

Lmao bunch of pussys
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:49 AM 04-08-2021
There was a safe effective vaccine for h1n1 with it a year , there was an issue with and earlier vaccine but that one wasn’t the one approved and used by most , I got it within a year as well as my kids and we are still doing fine .
I am not saying the vaccine isn't safe or people shouldn't get it. I am just saying I don't think it's crazy for a healthy not high risk folks to want to wait it out is all I am saying.

Never been an anti-vaxer, the opposite really. I have had more vacccines than the average American with being in the military and spending time over seas.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 04-08-2021
Vaccinated people aren't spreading the virus. It was a dumb talking point they shouldn't have ever brought up.

Get the vaccine, go back to normal life. Don't get it, go back to normal life.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:49 AM 04-08-2021
It is understandable to be worried about taking anything new vaccine/ medication , the risks from covid far out weight risks from vaccine for your health your families health and the economy.

We vaccinate young healthy people who are low risk all the time even for things that have a really low risk of death.
Many new vaccines have been introduced i the last 20 years haven’t really seen the same kind of backlash for the varicella , HPV, pneumonia vaccines .
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:52 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Vaccinated people aren't spreading the virus. It was a dumb talking point they shouldn't have ever brought up.

Get the vaccine, go back to normal life. Don't get it, go back to normal life.
This,

If you are scared or worried get the vaccine. If you are not, dont get it.

Why is this so hard to understand, your health is not my problem.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 28
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up