ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:48 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
I know at least 2 dozen people who have had it...and the worst was losing his taste. These were people who fit in the "otherwise healthy" category and under 60... most said they had fatigue for a few days.

How the media convinced people this was like the black plague was a masterclass in propaganda...it literally has a 99.8% survival rate...and that is including the skewed mortality statistics...

People are still acting like it's this super deadly virus when it's not...not even close.

The media could say sunshine is terrible for them and the sky is purple....and they would believe it.
Wonder how many other people those 2 dozen passed it to that weren't in good shape?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 07:48 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Hmm. You're judging a 25 year old professional athlete, who is in the lowest category for being at risk of either contracting COVID or having long term adverse effects for an illness with a 99.8% survival rate. He is simply pausing to think before deciding whether or not to allow a foreign substance enter his bloodstream

Yet you gleefully admit to smoking what-- 15 cigarettes per day? Second-hand smoke causes an increase in cancer rates by 30% of non-smokers. Cigarette butts are the single greatest source of ocean trash on the planet...but you're not harming anyone. Your body, your choice, amirite?

Josh Allen is an 'asshole'? I think I know another one.
Gotta love it when smokers chime in with health advice. Someone doing the most moronic, least healthy thing you can possibly do to yourself wants to tell you what you should do with your body. :-)
[Reply]
Donger 07:55 AM 04-08-2021
:-)
[Reply]
Monticore 07:56 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Gotta love it when smokers chime in with health advice. Someone doing the most moronic, least healthy thing you can possibly do to yourself wants to tell you what you should do with your body. :-)
They majority of my wife's patients who don't trust vaccines/medications tend to be smokers as well for fear of what they contain.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:57 AM 04-08-2021
Your fan base is known for drunken table jumps and putting fingers up butts at your stadium. Think beyond yourself and act like the face of the franchise.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:00 AM 04-08-2021
Endocarditis/cardiomyopathy can be caused by any virus/bacteria and can affect younger athletes, is it rare sure but could be career ending, COVID at this point seems more likely to cause such an effect than most and I am sure somebody somewhere has developed it.
[Reply]
Spott 08:01 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wouldn't the older unhealthy people get vaccinated and this not be a risk? You may want to put the brakes on calling others stupid when you cant figure out simple concepts. All the old high risk people have been given access to the vaccine that is reported to be over 90% effective in stopping spread and contraction of covid.
Screw that. The vaccine “burns the bridge” so the older unhealthy people that have been eating junk food, smoking, and living unhealthy their whole lives shouldn’t have to worry about getting a vaccine. Sure Josh Allen has spent a ton of time exercising and living healthy enough to be a professional athlete, but he should have to cater to people that sit around smoking cigarettes and eating Doritos all day.
[Reply]
O.city 04-08-2021, 08:05 AM
This message has been deleted by O.city.
arrwheader 08:06 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.
Would you go get anthrax vaccine just because you might get it and get sick from it one day with very little chance of that ever happening? No probably not because there's not a huge risk for it. He's young healthy and doesn't want to get an expiremental shot in which companies aren't liable and can't be sued. The data shows people in his category are very low risk for anything serious. There are other illness's out there like this you know every day where certain people are higher risk than others. Literally not new to medical science. It's just people have lost their god damn minds over this.

Idk seems smart to me. If your a high risk with preexisting conditions get it because it could mean death. What's the rush if your not at risk?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:10 AM 04-08-2021
I'm young, healthy in good enough shape, so why did I get vaccinated? Because I care about people who could get sick if I gave it to them. Also:

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it.

A guy who isn't sure about getting a vaccine doesn't strike me as someone who is "into statistics".
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 08:19 AM 04-08-2021
He's always been slow to process information, but until now I thought that was just on the field.
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:20 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Dudes a fucking idiot. Yeah, if he were to infected he'd have an extremely high chance of living, but there are two reasons why him not getting is fucking retarded.

1. However miniscule his chance of dying from this is, there is still a chance. If taking a shot or 2 eliminates that risk, then why not eliminate it? Shouldn't we all be taking measures to protect our selves from things that could kill us, especially when the measure is so incredibly easy to take?

2. Protect other people

This idiot says “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it."

So what is he seeing that keeps him from getting a shot? Other than being like most of the fucking idiots here at CP?
The vaccine was rushed out in a year and it's still an experiment I don't blame healthy least at risk people to wait it out a bit. I don't see a problem with this especially if people who are more at risk are being vaccinated first.

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:22 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

A guy who isn't sure about getting a vaccine doesn't strike me as someone who is "into statistics".
What are the odds that a healthy 25 year old with no health issues gets seriously ill from Covid in the United States?
[Reply]
arrwheader 08:23 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm young, healthy in good enough shape, so why did I get vaccinated? Because I care about people who could get sick if I gave it to them. Also:

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it.

But If those people are already being vaccinated then what's the harm if you wait? The vaccine is is widely available now if your high risk you can get it. So if I decide to hold off a bit because I'm not worried it should be ok because if your high risk and you decide to not get vaccinated well wouldn't that be your own fault?

[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:24 AM 04-08-2021
I can’t imagine caring about anything Josh Allen says
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:25 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
He’s a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him. Perhaps he’s confident enough in his immune system to weigh whether it’s even necessary for him at this point.
The Swedish guy I know who ran half-marathons all the time still isn't 100% back to normal a year later. He said his lungs "hurt" in a way that's hard to describe and he never felt before.

Something like that seems like a much bigger risk for a pro athlete than getting the vaccine.

Cam looked like total shit after getting covid last year.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 28
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up