ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 28
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:57 AM 04-08-2021
Forgive me for stereotyping a guy who used to throw a lot of picks and had a very low completion percentage, but since he's only not been that kind of QB for a single season, I still have this perception of him that he's a sub-80 IQ dingus and a buttfucking moron.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:58 AM 04-08-2021
Exhausting vaccine debate aside, Josh Allen sounds just really stupid. Like even by normal NFL player interview standards.
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:01 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Exhausting vaccine debate aside, Josh Allen sounds just really stupid. Like even by normal NFL player interview standards.
I've never met an intelligent Josh in my life.

Yes, I know there are people named Josh who are actually pretty smart. I've just never met one.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 06:58 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
Hmm. You're judging a 25 year old professional athlete, who is in the lowest category for being at risk of either contracting COVID or having long term adverse effects for an illness with a 99.8% survival rate. He is simply pausing to think before deciding whether or not to allow a foreign substance enter his bloodstream

Yet you gleefully admit to smoking what-- 15 cigarettes per day? Second-hand smoke causes an increase in cancer rates by 30% of non-smokers. Cigarette butts are the single greatest source of ocean trash on the planet...but you're not harming anyone. Your body, your choice, amirite?

Josh Allen is an 'asshole'? I think I know another one.
You dumb fucks don't get it. Young, healthy people pass it onto older, unhealthy people. They're bridges. Vaccination burns the fucking bridge.

But you piece of shit "personal responsibility" Ayn Rand fuckwads can't wrap your bald, goateed, monster energy nacho brains around that idea.

Same goes for the yoga-mom, eastern medicine, health and wellness SoCal bitches who think personal growth books outweigh medical degrees and being woke means being educated.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 07:05 AM 04-08-2021
I thought it was a failure in leadership. The weak as well as the strong listen.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:14 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
how many NFL players that got it have died or became permanently handicapped? Lots probably.
I don’t even know where to start.

You should be placed in stocks and mocked as the town moron.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:20 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine someone being scared of getting vaccinated.
As someone who has gotten vaccinated, I cant believe you could be dumb enough to not understand why some people aren't keen on taking a non FDA approved vaccine.

Check that, I can believe it.
[Reply]
Hoover 07:20 AM 04-08-2021
On a personal level, I support Allen's position.

I'd feel differently if I was the Bills. How bad would it suck if Allen gets the Covid during the season, or worse, during the playoffs. I agree that as a healthy young athlete he's not any serious risk, but just look at what happened to the Nationals. If I was the owner I'd pressure my entire staff to be vaccinated because it makes business sense.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:22 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You dumb ****s don't get it. Young, healthy people pass it onto older, unhealthy people. They're bridges. Vaccination burns the ****ing bridge.

But you piece of shit "personal responsibility" Ayn Rand ****wads can't wrap your bald, goateed, monster energy nacho brains around that idea.

Same goes for the yoga-mom, eastern medicine, health and wellness SoCal bitches who think personal growth books outweigh medical degrees and being woke means being educated.
Wouldn't the older unhealthy people get vaccinated and this not be a risk? You may want to put the brakes on calling others stupid when you cant figure out simple concepts. All the old high risk people have been given access to the vaccine that is reported to be over 90% effective in stopping spread and contraction of covid.
[Reply]
O.city 07:25 AM 04-08-2021
Von Miller and Myles Garrett got hit pretty hard with covid and we’re down for a while

It’s not “die or don’t die”

But until it’s FDA approved and not EUA or whatever, no mandates.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:28 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Only an asshole would try to force another person to inject themselves with a substance that hasnt been properly tested...but as long as it satiates your fear "feels"...right?

You'd make a proper brownnshirt...they like them nice and compliant.
Not properly tested? Wtf
[Reply]
Shaid 07:35 AM 04-08-2021
Nothing wrong with anything he said, perfectly reasonable.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:41 AM 04-08-2021
What a fucking shit show.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:44 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not properly tested? Wtf
Its not FDA approved and is considered experimental, they wont give it to kids under 16, etc...

I mean its a debatable topic whether some what to acknowledge it or not.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:46 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
Dudes a fucking idiot. Yeah, if he were to infected he'd have an extremely high chance of living, but there are two reasons why him not getting is fucking retarded.

1. However miniscule his chance of dying from this is, there is still a chance. If taking a shot or 2 eliminates that risk, then why not eliminate it? Shouldn't we all be taking measures to protect our selves from things that could kill us, especially when the measure is so incredibly easy to take?

2. Protect other people

This idiot says “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it."

So what is he seeing that keeps him from getting a shot? Other than being like most of the fucking idiots here at CP?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 28
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up