ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
Monticore 09:30 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's just the thing.

We wore masks for the benefit of all and to get this over with. It's not over.

We stayed home. Not over.

We closed down business and ruined people's lives to make it stop. Not over.

Can you see what people might be a little wary that the vaccine isn't actually going to end this? It's not like the people in charge have a track record of success with any of this. The response has been pretty horrible across the board, despite a regime change in the middle of it.
"wearing masks" doesn't help when people don't use them right, or take them off and on repeatedly or eat at a dine in restaurant for hours without it on or still socialized outside they bubble with them.

how many people do you think actually followed the guidelines properly? it also didn't help that people spent a lot of time and effort minimizing their effectiveness reducing compliance.

The answer is zero, the advantage with vaccines over masks is once a person gets it you can remove a lot of the issues we have with masks.
[Reply]
-King- 09:30 AM 04-08-2021
Some of the people who refused to wear masks are the same people who are complaining now about how all this is still going on despite "everyone" wearing masks Lmao
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:30 AM 04-08-2021
That's just the thing.

We wore masks for the benefit of all and to get this over with. It's not over. You know damn well not everyone did that.

We stayed home. Not over. you know god damn well not everyone did that.

We closed down business and ruined people's lives to make it stop. Not over. the only lives ruined are the ones who lost their family members. your fucking tire shop can be rebuilt. A dead mother of three cannot.

Can you see what people might be a little wary that the vaccine isn't actually going to end this? It's not like the people in charge have a track record of success with any of this. The response has been pretty horrible across the board, despite a regime change in the middle of it.
This is so dumb on every level.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:31 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Some of the people who refused to wear masks are the same people who are complaining now about how all this is still going on despite "everyone" wearing masks Lmao
I love you
[Reply]
stevieray 09:31 AM 04-08-2021
eighty percent were overweight.

but ya'll keep pimping those deaths.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
This is so dumb on every level.
:-)

Science.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:32 AM 04-08-2021
What about those of us that DID participate in part of the solution and have been watching the line in the sand move back and back and back for the better part of a year.
Fuck you!! Comply with the demand of the day!!
[Reply]
arrwheader 09:32 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
It absolutely did matter, people just didn't follow the rules. Why exactly do you think over half a million lives have been lost to Covid when many other developed countries have had a fraction of the lives lost? Japan has less than 10,000 deaths due to Covid. They have so many reasons to have been hit much worse, but they weren't. Why do you think that is?
LOL other countries didn't test people like we did idiot. Therefore numbers are gonna be higher here as to other countries.

Again looks at the data from a non biased non emotional perspective.

and most people did follow those rules. A lot of people lost their jobs and their business because of this shit. Tell that to them. Hell Michigan JUST opened their restaurants back up at half capacity. They still had deaths, they still had cases. IF you look at the numbers relative to population, didn't matter because states that were open had similar deaths.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:33 AM 04-08-2021
I don’t care about Josh Allen’s opinion on this subject.

But it probably wasn’t smart for him to comment publicly on it.
[Reply]
Donger 09:33 AM 04-08-2021
What about those of us that DID participate in part of the solution and have been watching the line in the sand move back and back and back for the better part of a year.
What line?
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:35 AM 04-08-2021
The best part is you are told to get vaccinated but they don't know if it works so keep doing all the same stuff!

Then they want to know why people don't want the vaccine. :-)

Local HR group did a survey and the vaccination participation rate looked to be around 25%.

The same people when surveyed were told they could stop wearing masks etc...after vaccination it jumped to 70%.

The messaging on the vaccine has been horrendous and it starts with Fauci. Complete botch job.

Meanwhile MLB implemented a policy that if 85% of the team got vaccinated they no longer had to wear masks and social distance. Guess what's happened?
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
What line?
"Two weeks to flatten the curve"
[Reply]
jdubya 09:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You're a ****ing moron who can't see past your own nose. Welcome to a society, your health IS my problem.

When your health lands you in the ICU, and they can't treat me with the same attention and care, because you're hooked up to seven different machines, then yes, your health ****ing affects me.

When you're perfectly willing to be infected, and that infection creates mutations that make my vaccine less effective, then YES YOUR HEALTH AFFECTS ME.
You’re on a roll so dont stop with Covid. How about those asshole selfish bastards in the ICU because of cardiac, respiratory or neurological emergencies secondary to their lifestyles and diets over the years? We need to control what everybody eats, drinks, inhales right?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I don’t care about Josh Allen’s opinion on this subject.

But it probably wasn’t smart for him to comment publicly on it.
Did?!?!

Did Deberg?!?!?

Was it actually Deberg who offered the best succinct summation of the entire matter??!!?!

Deberg?
[Reply]
Donger 09:35 AM 04-08-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
"Two weeks to flatten the curve"
That happened.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 28
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up