ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 28
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Allen “debating” whether to get COVID-19 vaccine
kcbubb 10:12 PM 04-07-2021
The NFL will not mandate COVID-19 vaccines. Thus, it stands to reason, even with incentives offered to teams and players who are vaccinated, some players aren’t going to get a shot.

Bills quarterback Josh Allen could be one of those. In an appearance on The Ringer’s “10 Questions With Kyle Brandt” podcast, Allen said he has not had a vaccine and might not get one.

“I’m still debating that,” Allen said, via Matt Parrino of nyup.com. “I’m a big statistics and logical guy. So, if statistics show it’s the right thing for me to do, I’d do it. Again, I’d lean the other way, too, if that’s what it said. I haven’t been paying attention to it as much as maybe I should have. I’ve just been doing my thing and masking up when I’m going out and just staying close and hanging around family.”

It is unclear what statistics Allen needs to see to convince him to get a shot. The Pfizer vaccine was shown a 95 percent efficacy rate in preventing symptomatic COVID-19, just 1 percentage point more than Moderna’s. The single-dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine was shown to have a 72 percent efficacy rate in the United States in preventing symptomatic illness and an 85 percent efficacy rate in preventing the most severe disease 28 days after vaccination.

Allen, 24, made clear he’s against any kind of mandate.

“I think everybody should have that choice to do it or not to do it,” Allen said. “You get in this tricky situation now where if you do mandate that that’s kind of going against what our constitution says and the freedom to kind of express yourself one way or the other. I think we’re in a time where that’s getting a lot harder to do. Everybody should have that choice.”

However, the league expects to amend certain protocols for those who are vaccinated and for teams as a whole if certain vaccination levels are met, which will encourage (pressure?) players to get a COVID-19 shot.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...id-19-vaccine/
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:13 PM 04-07-2021
I like josh Allen even more now.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:14 PM 04-07-2021
But but that .0001 %chance...
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:15 PM 04-07-2021
I like turtles.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:16 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
I like turtles.
You seem nice.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 10:16 PM 04-07-2021
Always have liked that dude. His body, and his choice.
[Reply]
eDave 10:16 PM 04-07-2021
Just lost me as a Bills fan. Mahomes probably got his without debate.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:18 PM 04-07-2021
I can't imagine someone being scared of getting vaccinated.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:19 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You seem nice.
Let's make out.
[Reply]
eDave 10:22 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I can't imagine someone being scared of getting vaccinated.
I can't imagine someone fucking his best interests. Josh Allen, lol.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 10:45 PM 04-07-2021
He’s a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him. Perhaps he’s confident enough in his immune system to weigh whether it’s even necessary for him at this point.
[Reply]
eDave 10:54 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
He’s a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him. Perhaps he’s confident enough in his immune system to weigh whether it’s even necessary for him at this point.
Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.
[Reply]
Bump 10:56 PM 04-07-2021
how many NFL players that got it have died or became permanently handicapped? Lots probably.
[Reply]
ChiefAshhole1056 10:59 PM 04-07-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Why not just do it and not be an asshole? That's easy and doesn't take much effort at all. Especially for a young healthy active guy with no pre-existing conditions that would endanger him.
So just get it because it makes other people more comfortable?
[Reply]
eDave 11:00 PM 04-07-2021
So just get it because it makes other people more comfortable?
No.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 28
1 234511 > Last »
Up