ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Easter Mock 4/4/21
kccrow 11:37 AM 04-04-2021
1-16 | LT Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6'5" 322)
Kansas City trades 1-31, 4-144, 2022-1st to Arizona for 1-16.
As painful as it is, I see no way around the fact that KC needs to move up significantly in this draft to secure a left tackle that fits Andy Reid's scheme. The bulk of this class isn't a fit from length to athleticism to positional translation. I see Sewell (Bengals) and Slater (Chargers) coming off the board first before Darrisaw. I think the Vikings opt for a guard like Vera-Tucker and move Ezra Cleveland out to his natural position. KC could trade up using other picks, more likely a 2nd and 3rd in some combination, but I think for making the team better now, you look at trading a 1st next year instead. Darrisaw has prototypical size, height, arm length, and overall athleticism. While he needs some work on his pass-blocking technique, he was much improved in 2020 in that regard. Veach goes and gets what he needs, simple as that.

2-63 | WR Dyami Brown, North Carolina (6'1" 189)
Brown is a phenomenal deep ball receiver with plenty of route running acumen underneath to set up and ditch defenders. He's a near prototype for what you'd look for as an X in this offense with his ability to make defenders pay for the single coverages he should face regularly.

3-94 | DE Payton Turner, Houston (6'5" 270)
Turner is a solid LDE prospect in that he offers great get-off at the snap, good size, anchor, and decent bend on the edge with the strength to handle more powerful RTs. He has the ability to line up at multiple spots on the defensive line depending on the set (experience at DT), which Spags often does in racecar sets on 3rd and long. Turner's versatility should be a huge draw for the Chiefs.

4-136 | LB Derrick Barnes, Purdue (6'0" 238)
Barnes is a chess piece to deploy for Spagnuolo. He comes in as a twitched-up, highly energetic player with experience at the MIKE and as an EDGE. He has great range, speed, and the strength to hold up to and break down lineman. He could develop into an eventual MLB at the NFL level similar to Joe Schobert, and he comes in as a similar player. He probably cuts his teeth as a SAM prospect with a lot of utility work early on while he better learns playing as an off-ball linebacker.

5-175 | SS Joshua Bledsoe, Missouri (5'11" 201)
Bledsoe is a versatile safety that shows the ability to bump down in coverage on TEs and RBs while also being able to stick with WRs in man coverage. He's energetic and a solid tackler. While solid, he can sometimes overplay the run or his man and be left out of position.

5-181 | OL Royce Newman, Ole Miss (6'5" 310)
Newman is an athletic lineman with the ability to play every spot on the offensive line. He has solid pass pro skills with the ability to lock on and stay on his block and plus mirroring. He also has the ability to get out into space and stick blocks at the second level. The plus is, he's big, nasty, and sports a mullet and goatee. All he needs now is a Camaro and some BBQ and he'll fit right in.

6-207 | RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas (5'11" 213)
Boyd is a physical runner and solid receiver out of the backfield with some juice that should go much higher if all were based on talent alone. His academic issues are definitely going to cause him to slide as teams may be less inclined to think he can pick up the playbook. There isn't a lot of pressure here in KC for him to start and can take some time developing while contributing in a short-yardage role early.

Roster
QB: P. Mahomes, C. Henne
RB: C. Edwards-Helaire, Dar. Williams, R. Boyd

WR: T. Hill, D. Robinson, D. Brown, M. Hardman, B. Pringle, A. Calloway
TE: T. Kelce, N. Keizer, B. Bell

LT: C. Darrisaw, M. Rankin, P. Tega Wanogho
LG: J. Thuney, N. Allegretti
OC: A. Blythe, R. Newman
RG: L. Duvernay-Tardif, K. Long, Y. Durant
RT: M. Remmers, L. Niang

DE: F. Clark, M. Danna
DT: C. Jones, T. Wharton
DT: D. Nnadi, J. Reed, K. Saunders
DE: T. Charlton, P. Turner

SLB: W. Gay, D. Harris
ILB: A. Hitchens, D. Barnes, E. Smith
WLB: B. Niemann, D. O'Daniel

CB: C. Ward, L. Sneed, R. Fenton, T. Keyes, D. Baker
S: T. Mathieu, J. Thornhill, D. Sorensen, J. Bledsoe, A. Watts

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:04 AM 04-06-2021
Guys, we're not trading into the top 10, it's not going to happen.
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Guys, we're not trading into the top 10, it's not going to happen.
I'd guess if they wanted to get that high, it would cost this year and the next 2 firsts plus.

AKA, zero chance of that happening. Plus the team trading down would trade out of range to get an elite dude.

Again, AKA, not happening.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:06 AM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're already working around it alot. They can, but at some point they need to not have to do that.

I woudln't be opposed to Brown, but I'm guessing he'd end up costing more than a first rounder.
The thing about Brown is there are no significant question marks. If they were to acquire him, he WOULD be the starting left tackle and we already know he can play in the NFL at a high level.

There's almost zero risk and you're actually probably giving up LESS than it would take to get a guy like Darrisaw in a trade.

The only issue is money and of the three - NFL readiness, draft compensation, and cap room - the money is BY FAR the easiest to work around.
[Reply]
O.city 11:07 AM 04-06-2021
The thing about Brown is there are no significant question marks. If they were to acquire him, he WOULD be the starting left tackle and we already know he can play in the NFL at a high level.

There's almost zero risk and you're actually probably giving up LESS than it would take to get a guy like Darrisaw in a trade.

The only issue is money and of the three - NFL readiness, draft compensation, and cap room - the money is BY FAR the easiest to work around.
I'm not sure what he is at LT in a legitimate pass first offense.

But he's the most "ready" day one. Problem I see is that the Ravens ain't trading him to KC.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:19 AM 04-06-2021
I'm not sure what he is at LT in a legitimate pass first offense.

But he's the most "ready" day one. Problem I see is that the Ravens ain't trading him to KC.
Not sure Eichenberg is a a LT in a legitimate pass offense. Or Slater, who might be a guard. Cosmi and Darrisaw might not be ready day 1. Jenkins and Mayfield are most likely right tackles.

There really isn't a guy in this draft that checks all of the boxes, not even Sewell.

It's a bad year to need a LT and an even worse one to want to trade up for one.
[Reply]
O.city 11:20 AM 04-06-2021
Not sure Eichenberg is a a LT in a legitimate pass offense. Or Slater, who might be a guard. Cosmi and Darrisaw might not be ready day 1. Jenkins and Mayfield are most likely right tackles.

There really isn't a guy in this draft that checks all of the boxes, not even Sewell.

It's a bad year to need a LT and an even worse one to want to trade up for one.
What box doesn't Sewell or Darrisaw check that you would want a collegiate draftable LT to check? I mean, nothing I've read on them say what you're saying here.

There are no perfect prospects.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:24 AM 04-06-2021
What box doesn't Sewell or Darrisaw check that you would want a collegiate draftable LT to check? I mean, nothing I've read on them say what you're saying here.

There are no perfect prospects.
Darrisaw doesn't check the "guaranteed day 1 starter" box.

Sewell doesn't check the "available to KC" box.
[Reply]
O.city 11:26 AM 04-06-2021
Darrisaw doesn't check the "guaranteed day 1 starter" box.

Sewell doesn't check the "available to KC" box.
LOL, hadn't thought of that one.
[Reply]
In58men 02:18 PM 04-06-2021
Question, would taking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah @ 31 be considered a reach?
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:19 PM 04-06-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
No. He’s projected to go top 20.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:26 PM 04-06-2021
Good grief, no.

He'd be considered a big time steal if he lasted to 31. :-)
[Reply]
In58men 02:29 PM 04-06-2021
Damn, thanks fellas. I’m really lovin’ this guy a lot.

I’ve watched a few videos on him and damn, he’s dangerous
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 04-06-2021
Damn, thanks fellas. I’m really lovin’ this guy a lot.

I’ve watched a few videos on him and damn, he’s dangerous
That's why he'll probably go WELL before we pick. :-)
[Reply]
Chief Northman 02:34 PM 04-06-2021
JOK and Paye are the two guys I would like the Chiefs to trade up for if they drop to the early 20s.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:47 PM 04-06-2021

SO based off of this statement, what do YOU suggest the Chiefs do? Also, who do you want to draft in the first 3 rounds if we actually go for Brown?

Also another ? is.. If we go through the draft like no need for LT do you feel a June 1 cut could be a LT that would be available?

If what I just asked above, is there anyone you would want to trade up for, even slightly, to grab if within reach, without selling the farm?
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up