ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Lawrence vs Wilson
RunKC 05:40 PM 03-26-2021
Thought this was a fun exercise since we have no skin in the game and don’t have to worry about a QB until 2037.

Is that gap really as big between these two as it’s made out to be? Lawrence has pedigree but he’s rarely faced adversity and at times (bowl game) he looked like shit. He’s always had it easy.

Wilson has a higher ceiling IMO. He can make throws that Mahomes makes. He can improvise well.

Most people say Lawrence but I think if I was the Jags I’d have to have some conversations about it.

What do you think? Would you at least consider Wilson over Lawrence if you were the GM of the Jags?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
This is Bill Parcells QB winner stuff. That was great 30 years ago.

Allen ain't Mahomes, not even close. But he is about to get 40 million plus a year. I'd say that was a successful draft pick.

On games started..
If you are going to have some arbitrary cutoff, have you adjusted for how many games he would have started if not for Covid?
It's not an arbitrary cutoff, it's an evaluation criterium. He played at NDSU and he didn't play a lot of games. That's a fact. COVID is irrelevant, he doesn't get experience in games that weren't actually played.

I value experience. Lance doesn't have it and what little he had was against competition FAR from NFL caliber.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:37 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's not an arbitrary cutoff, it's an evaluation criterium. He played at NDSU and he didn't play a lot of games. That's a fact. COVID is irrelevant, he doesn't get experience in games that weren't actually played.

I value experience. Lance doesn't have it and what little he had was against competition FAR from NFL caliber.

You're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
It absolutely is an arbitrary cutoff. And you are entitled to have whatever opinion you would like.

I can say NFL teams will be far more flexible in evaluating a prospect whose season was cut off due to no fault of his own.

In the end, however many games you play you need to make the call. There is no doubt Trey Lance will be selected top 5. Too talented.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:47 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
It absolutely is an arbitrary cutoff. And you are entitled to have whatever opinion you would like.

I can say NFL teams will be far more flexible in evaluating a prospect whose season was cut off due to no fault of his own.

In the end, however many games you play you need to make the call. There is no doubt Trey Lance will be selected top 5. Too talented.
His season wasn't "cut off". They didn't have a 2020 season. It isn't his fault but he didn't play. It's not about him opting out or something stupid like that, it's about the fact that he simply doesn't have enough experience.

At least if he goes to SF, he'll be in an offense that is conducive to cutting the field in half and not forcing him to read the whole field and stuff like that.

But yeah, he'll go top 5. That doesn't mean he's worth it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:43 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
His season wasn't "cut off". They didn't have a 2020 season. It isn't his fault but he didn't play. It's not about him opting out or something stupid like that, it's about the fact that he simply doesn't have enough experience.

At least if he goes to SF, he'll be in an offense that is conducive to cutting the field in half and not forcing him to read the whole field and stuff like that.

But yeah, he'll go top 5. That doesn't mean he's worth it.
Why would I prefer a college QB running a dinosaur offense unless I had one of those old time dying coaches calling the plays?

None of the top 5 QB's do that. Lance's system was as demanding as Clemson or Alabama's system on a QB.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 07:44 PM 03-29-2021
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I don't like Lawrence, never understood the massive hype. I'm not saying he's bad or won't be a good pro but I don't think he'll be an elite qb.
Agreed. Wilson has ice in his veins when I watch him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up