ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu Smith Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers.
JakeF 12:42 PM 03-19-2021
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.co...eal-nfl-rumors

JuJu Smith-Schuster turns down Ravens and Chiefs to stay with Steelers on 1-year deal
The Pittsburgh Steelers keep an offensive weapon in JuJu Smith-Schuster for the 2021 season.

By Jeff.Hartman@BnGBlitz Updated Mar 19, 2021, 1:30pm EDT

NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cleveland Browns
Ken Blaze-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers have seen many of their free agents leave to find new homes in the NFL. Players like Bud Dupree, Tyson Alualu and Mike Hilton are all calling a new team home. But one big name had yet to sign with another team.

That name was JuJu Smith-Schuster.

The longer Smith-Schuster remained a free agent, it seemed as if the chances were greater he would potentially return to the Steelers. Low and behold, Friday afternoon Smith-Schuster decided to stay in Pittsburgh, turning down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to do so.

This from Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network:

JuJu to the #Steelers on a 1-year worth $8M, source said. He had better offers from the #Ravens and the #Chiefs. But stays in PIT. https://t.co/Kz9aaR1srN

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 19, 2021
See what Smith-Schuster said himself on his verified Twitter account about returning:

This is my home, they’re gonna need a wrecking ball to take me outta here! PITTSBURGH I LOVE YOU, LET’S GO!!!!! pic.twitter.com/SPFvCLUmFl

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 19, 2021
So what did Smith-Schuster turn down to come back to Pittsburgh? According to NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti, the deals were as follows:

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021
Additionally, ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports the Eagles were also in the mix with a larger contract.

JuJu Smith-Schuster also turned down more money on a multi-year deal from the Eagles than he took to return to the Steelers, per source. The Eagles’ were a secret suitor. But Smith-Schuster loved Pittsburgh and its fans too much to leave. https://t.co/X8gitZYxwd

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 19, 2021
The return of Smith-Schuster might be viewed as him signing a one-year “prove it” type deal. With the salary cap dipping to $182.5 this year, it is safe to say Smith-Schuster is betting on himself to play well, and earn more money in 2022 when the salary cap is expected to balloon up over $200 million dollars.

In his four years in Pittsburgh, Smith-Schuster has seen his role tweaked as the wide receiver room has changed. Taking a league by storm his first two seasons, Smith-Schuster earned a Pro Bowl bid in 2018 when he had 1,426 receiving yards on 111 receptions. After an injury riddled 2019, as well as missing quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, Smith-Schuster led the Steelers in receptions in 2020 with 97. His 831 receiving yards last season was third on the Steelers behind Diontae Johnson and Chase Claypool, and his nine receiving touchdowns was tied with Claypool.

Be sure to stay tuned to BTSC for the latest news and notes on the Steelers as
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:28 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Why is this a thread? We have already talked it to death in the FA thread where it belongs.

Oh that's right, you want to be a whiny, toddler
Because mega-threads suck for someone who doesn't spend much time there. I haven't clicked on the free agent thread and probably won't. So this particular thread was informative AND fun for me.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:56 PM 03-19-2021
Why is this a thread? We have already talked it to death in the FA thread where it belongs.

Dude. The ruling on megathreads is that they can contain news, but they aren't the ONLY source or place they can get posted. Individual news headlines that affect the Chiefs also get their own thread as long as somebody posts it. That's so people who missed logging onto Chiefs Planet for a few hours can read and learn about the original headline as it occurred.

It's a pretty simple compromise for both sides. And it's been that way for years.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:02 PM 03-19-2021

I agree, we start filling the front page up with news about football, and we are liable to miss threads like "Titty sacks why u mad"?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:04 PM 03-19-2021
"The Cheetah and Kelce are ball hogs." Juju
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:21 PM 03-19-2021
Some chiefs fan on chiefs planet dot com once called me “Doo Doo Shit Poopster.”
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:46 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Big Ben is a stud
That’s one of your best trolls yet.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:47 PM 03-19-2021

Sources tell me these were the other offers

KC 8 mill with 3 mill incentives
Steelers 8 mill
Baltimore 9 mill 4 incentives

— Taylor Bisciotti (@TaylorBisciotti) March 19, 2021

[Reply]
kysirsoze 02:54 PM 03-19-2021
Pretty cool actually. I would have liked to have him but this is a rarity. Steelers fans would probably die for him about now.
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:58 PM 03-19-2021
Eh, at least he didn’t go to Baltimore.

Good luck catching balls from Brokedick Ben next year.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:04 PM 03-19-2021

I, for one, am glad it was posted because I don't pay attention to MEGA threads.
[Reply]
MTG#10 05:20 PM 03-19-2021

Fuck mega threads.

Thanks JakeF.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:56 PM 03-19-2021
I mean, learn a new offense and be the third target in KC, play with no qb in bal or go back where you have chemistry and no the system in pitt.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 06:39 PM 03-19-2021
Apparently, playing with Mahomes is an all that it’s cracked up to be. Bart left at the altar again.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:14 PM 03-19-2021
IDK what's going on. Not a bad free agency at all. I just figured we could get anyone we wanted if the money was close.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:17 PM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Dude. The ruling on megathreads is that they can contain news, but they aren't the ONLY source or place they can get posted. Individual news headlines that affect the Chiefs also get their own thread as long as somebody posts it. That's so people who missed logging onto Chiefs Planet for a few hours can read and learn about the original headline as it occurred.

It's a pretty simple compromise for both sides. And it's been that way for years.
Agreed, but it's yet another passive aggressive Jake F bitchfest
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up