ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mattress hunting
007 06:23 AM 03-03-2021
Been trying to find a new mattress since mine is damn old tempurpedic. Tried two from oki but they just didn't fit the bill. Purchased a beautyrest black series x and haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I've never had this problem before. I might wake up sore but I've always been able to sleep on any mattress. Except this one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it for a new tempurpedic.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:04 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I Hate Big Mattress.
I loved working for Big Mattress aside from the pay not being good starting out.

And loved the discounts too.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:27 AM 04-10-2021
And what do you do now? Market poop scoopers for a living?
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
So, realistically within the U.S., there are four manufacturers that are likely viable long term:

Serta Simmons
Sleep Number
Purple
Tempur-Sealy

Casper's IPO went terrible and they aren't making a profit any time soon due to their high cost of marketing with low sales.

Bed in the boxes, for the most part, are complete crap given the material. Some are decent, most are bad.

Depending on the manufacturer, they're probably charging 70-80% more than the actual manufacturing cost of the product.

Some manufacturers/retailers don't operate on a commission system for their stores and their sales people get paid a flat rate.

Best time to look for mattress products is Thursday-Monday, especially around the times of Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Black Friday, and President's Day.

Also, depending on the manufacturer, the cost of their product might be the same as going to a whole saler (ie: Mattress Firm) or purchasing directly from a manufacturer's website, regardless of region.

Mattress industry is super ****ing profitable.

Online shopping is booming for mattresses and is probably going to lead to more bed in boxes to flood the market, when the majority of them are absolute dog shit because it doesn't cost shit to make a mattress but you can make a gigantic profit off selling one.

[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:53 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
And what do you do now? Market poop scoopers for a living?
Started and quit a PhD and now work in consulting for a relatively well known company.
[Reply]
dj56dt58 05:38 PM 04-10-2021
Drive up and down a few allies and you'll get a great deal on one.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:00 PM 04-10-2021
I've seen several free-range mattresses in the past week. A few laying out by the side of the road, and in one case right in the damn middle of the road. They are fearless. Just daring you to come try something.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 11:18 PM 04-10-2021
hurry before sale ends!
[Reply]
saturnknts 02:56 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I had the opportunity to get one with my employee discount but declined. My mattress is still comfortable without it.

I think Purple is probably the lowest quality of the 4, with Tempur-Sealy / Sleep Number / Serta are all probably comparable in quality and it just depends on personal preference.

As for avoid or look for, I personally suggest trying a mattress before buying it. Otherwise you end up with a product that isn't good or doesn't fit what you desire.
Agree that beds in a box are a joke. Hate the edges as they are not rigid.

And what's funny about the rest of the mattresses are they are mostly made in the same plants. We haul for Denver Mattress and they make most brands of rigid mattresses and slap a tag on em.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:53 AM 04-11-2021
I saw one (a free range of a hybrid sort) come off the roof of a car at I-49 (71 Hiway) and Blue Ridge, slide under the car that was following it (Ford Crown Vic), then that car caught on fire (burned to a crisp) as the person who had the mattress stopped, realized what happened, and just drove on home to OP.

Just to be followed home by yours truly.

The little **** got 6 months and a big bill for the fire department’s clean up and the bill for a new car to replace the crispy one.

Moral to the story... tie down you alley finds really well or it could really cost you
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:37 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
I saw one (a free range of a hybrid sort) come off the roof of a car at I-49 (71 Hiway) and Blue Ridge, slide under the car that was following it (Ford Crown Vic), then that car caught on fire (burned to a crisp) as the person who had the mattress stopped, realized what happened, and just drove on home to OP.

Just to be followed home by yours truly.

The little **** got 6 months and a big bill for the fire department’s clean up and the bill for a new car to replace the crispy one.

Moral to the story... tie down you alley finds really well or it could really cost you
or get a friend that has a truck or trailer
[Reply]
theoldcoach 08:50 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
What's the scoop on Saatva? That mattress is getting lots of accolades.
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is absolutely awesome. We have a split king bed.....which means two twin extra long mattresses side by side on adjustable frames.

These mattresses are the best we have ever had. They are pricey. But in my opinion.......they are worth it.

We love them and to us they have been worth every penny. And when you are in your mid 70's........a good night's sleep means more than money.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:05 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by theoldcoach:
The Saatva Latex Hybrid is absolutely awesome. We have a split king bed.....which means two twin extra long mattresses side by side on adjustable frames.

These mattresses are the best we have ever had. They are pricey. But in my opinion.......they are worth it.

We love them and to us they have been worth every penny. And when you are in your mid 70's........a good night's sleep means more than money.
I'm about to pull the trigger, I just need to know that it's a fiiiiirm bed. We've had a Simmons with a pillow top for 11 years and I fucking hate that squishy piece of shit.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 01:59 PM 04-12-2021
Welp, I went and laid on a Purple, and I think that's the bed. Man was that a comfortable bed, and yes, it's little patented top felt very supportive. Kept me on top of the bed and they part and bend just enough to comfort me. My only concerns are long term durability and how much that top layer will retain that shape.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 03:48 PM 04-12-2021
I miss JC Penny outlet. I just bought a really nice set for $200 every few years and sold the old one. Overall cost was about $50 a year. I have no idea where the floor models, refused deliveries, and too dirty to deliver units go to now.

My next will be one of these

http://www.bowlesmattress.com/

Originally Posted by saturnknts:
Agree that beds in a box are a joke. Hate the edges as they are not rigid.

And what's funny about the rest of the mattresses are they are mostly made in the same plants. We haul for Denver Mattress and they make most brands of rigid mattresses and slap a tag on em.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

[Reply]
theoldcoach 05:09 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I'm about to pull the trigger, I just need to know that it's a fiiiiirm bed. We've had a Simmons with a pillow top for 11 years and I ****ing hate that squishy piece of shit.
Our Saatva is firm. Well.....mine is. My wife got a softer firmness for the mattress on her side which is what she likes.

But mine is firm and awesome! And so far it has held up well to the adjustable bed. We have had them for a little less than 3 years so far.

The combination works well for us.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:02 PM 07-27-2022
I just spent more money on a mattress than I did for my 2005 Ford Escape 3 years ago.

The mattress is backordered so it will take 3 weeks for it to arrive but I'm currently sleeping on a 10 year old Denver Mattress piece of shit and will now be sleeping on a Purple Hybrid 3.

Mattress Firm has $300 off the price and Purple gives you a $300 allowance towards accessories. I used it on new box springs.

$3,800 delivered and my old shit hauled away.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up