ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Mattress hunting
007 06:23 AM 03-03-2021
Been trying to find a new mattress since mine is damn old tempurpedic. Tried two from oki but they just didn't fit the bill. Purchased a beautyrest black series x and haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I've never had this problem before. I might wake up sore but I've always been able to sleep on any mattress. Except this one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it for a new tempurpedic.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:22 PM 03-03-2021
I hate mattress shopping. The consequence of getting the decision wrong is terrible sleep. Then you have to try and correct the problem while sleep deprived. It’s a rigged game. I suggest strong stimulants to avoid sleeping all together. Good luck!
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:11 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
I found that individual coils suck.

I was able to find one through Macys that has coils that are connected. Kind of like the old-school mattress. Took 4 different mattress's and finally had to contact the supplier of my old mattress who said they only make it for the Macys line.

Keyword is connected Coils. Good luck on finding one. Maybe, the place you are now forced to buy a mattress from has a coil setup like this.
Original Mattress Factory is connected coils and it is very heavy. They had cutaways of the top competitors there on the floor that was pretty interesting.

We went to the sleep number shop and I couldn't get out of that dog and pony show quick enough. But we did lay down on and try several of their mattresses. They reminded me of the old Kirby vacuum cleaner sales people.
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:52 PM 03-03-2021
I hate my fucking bed. I've had it about 2 years now and I still wake up with hip and back pain. The hip pain makes it hard to walk. I think the mattress is too soft, because our old mattress was pretty firm and I was sleeping on that like a baby, but it was like 10 years old and the old lady wanted something softer.

So I'm either

A. Getting a sleep number bed

Or

B. Getting a firm mattress topper and then buying this bad boy and slapping it on there https://www.eightsleep.com/product/pod-pro-cover/
[Reply]
007 09:05 PM 03-03-2021
I've never had that happen before. I just could not sleep at all on this mattress. Plus it's marketed as a cooling mattress and I felt like I was baking on it. It was the beautyrest black X series firm. I was expecting the best sleep of my life not the absolute worst.

Decided to get the upgraded tempurpedic adapt. Hopefully it's ultimately worth the money considering its not much different than what I've been sleeping on for the last 13 years.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:07 PM 03-03-2021
I got the hybrid Tempurpedic with an adjustable base.

Fucking expensive and fucking worth it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 PM 03-03-2021
Make sure to use a bow and arrow.

Shotguns make a mess.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:09 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I got the hybrid Tempurpedic with an adjustable base.

Fucking expensive and fucking worth it.
We went from a Sleep Number (didn't really like it) to Tempur-Pedic (didn't really like it either) to a Nectar. The Nectar actually sleeps the best of the 3. The biggest problem with the Tempur was that it was always really hot, even with all the "cooling" add-ons.
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 09:22 PM 03-03-2021
Anybody have a split queen? I have got to find a way to learn to sleep on my back. I understand you basically use two large singles. We don’t mind paying what it takes, just want good sleep.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:23 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Anybody have a split queen? I have got to find a way to learn to sleep on my back. I understand you basically use two large singles. We don’t mind paying what it takes, just want good sleep.
We have a split king.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:26 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We went from a Sleep Number (didn't really like it) to Tempur-Pedic (didn't really like it either) to a Nectar. The Nectar actually sleeps the best of the 3. The biggest problem with the Tempur was that it was always really hot, even with all the "cooling" add-ons.
That was my biggest concern when we picked it out because I usually sleep hot and I fucking hate it.

I don't know if it's because we got the top end mattress protector when we bought it at NFM or because we got a hybrid mattress instead, but I have not had any issues with the heat.

It really has been a pleasant bed for us.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:27 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
That was my biggest concern when we picked it out because I usually sleep hot and I fucking hate it.

I don't know if it's because we got the top end mattress protector when we bought it at NFM or because we got a hybrid mattress instead, but I have not had any issues with the heat.

It really has been a pleasant bed for us.
We had the mattress protector, the cooling pad, and everything else. None of it worked. It was sweltering, even in winter.
[Reply]
Strongside 09:32 PM 03-03-2021
We bought a Casper and love it.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:36 PM 03-03-2021
Wouldn't give up my 20 year old temperpedic for anything except another one that is adjustable.
[Reply]
Eureka 09:37 PM 03-03-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Original Mattress Factory is connected coils and it is very heavy. They had cutaways of the top competitors there on the floor that was pretty interesting.

We went to the sleep number shop and I couldn't get out of that dog and pony show quick enough. But we did lay down on and try several of their mattresses. They reminded me of the old Kirby vacuum cleaner sales people.
Yeah, those people probably work on commission. Connected coils worked for me as well.

Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
I'm thinking about buying a side sleeper pillow. I think someone recommended it in one of the other mattress threads.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:57 PM 03-03-2021
https://shop.fourseasons.com/collections/mattress
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up