ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Is there a world in which we move up for Kyle Pitts?
Dante84 01:52 PM 01-26-2021
Yes, Pitts is a TE, but he's really just a huge-ass WR. Last year there were rumblings that we were very interested in trading up for Ruggs. Veach clearly places an emphasis on surrounding PM with elite talent.

So, that said, if he's available in the 13-16 range, would Veach be willing to move up from 32?

I'd imagine the cost would be #32, a 3rd rounder, and a '22 first-rounder (also probably #32). Basically, the same package we gave up to move from 27 to 10 in 2017.

Note: If EB gets hired by Houston, remember we'll have an extra 3rd this year.

[Reply]
Dante84 10:21 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm not sure I see a world where he isn't the pick at #5 to Cincy... unless Atlanta does it at #4.

What was silly in January was the thought of KC trading up for him. It remains silly. :-)
Yes - it was always silly, I'll concede that for sure.

I keep seeing Chase to Cincy bc of the Burrow/LSU chemistry, which has me thinking he could slip a spot or two.

I'd definitely understand why ATL would take him, but at the same time, I feel like it would be earrings on a pig since they have so many other needs.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:35 AM 03-31-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Yes - it was always silly, I'll concede that for sure.

I keep seeing Chase to Cincy bc of the Burrow/LSU chemistry, which has me thinking he could slip a spot or two.

I'd definitely understand why ATL would take him, but at the same time, I feel like it would be earrings on a pig since they have so many other needs.
I've seen the speculation but Chase makes absolutely zero sense for Cincy. They already have Higgins and Boyd at WR plus they have an OC that loves running 12P and Drew Sample hasn't exactly lit the world on fire through 2 seasons. Pitts is a far more valuable pick for them than Chase.

If they don't go Pitts, Sewell makes more sense than Chase. While they already have the 11th overall pick in Jonah Williams at LT, he did miss his rookie year to a torn labrum and then missed half a dozen games last year to a knee injury. They signed Reilly Reiff to play RT and could kick him to LT if injury struck again, but they may very well decide to kick Williams down inside and roll with Sewell instead at LT.

As for Atlanta, agreed. The best thing they can do is trade down and gain more picks. So many holes defensively.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:32 PM 04-09-2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up