ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Kentucky Unemployment Cyber Attack!
ROYC75 01:32 PM 04-09-2021
https://www.fox19.com/2021/04/08/liv...d-response-ky/

I got a letter in the mail today for a company I used to do work with, a company I ran that closed up, stating that I had filed for unemployment benefits because of Covid-19. Well this is complete b*******.

Kentucky unemployment insurance is closed down for 4 days to reboot everything.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:54 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The military is up to speed.I worked in two major military commands for 5.5 years. One had attempted hacks 1 MILLION times a day, every day. Not fat guys sitting on their bed but serious state actors. Not a single one got through that they didn't want through.

Our military secrets are secure from hacking, at least they were they last time I was there 4 years ago. The government is the one that needs to step up their cyber security game.

Retail and private business's cyber security architecture is pathetic. I know of at least 35 out of the top 100 American business's that were hacked and or ransomware'd and not a single hack became public because no personable identifiable information was stolen so they don't have to report that theft or compromise.
Right, my argument is that the hacking of ordinary folks needs to be prioritized as a national security issue, especially with how many are funded by foreign entities. The fact that the Pentagon had a four month cyber security breach showcases that so much of our infrastructure is very vulnerable despite the sheer amount of funding we out into those services.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 04:38 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
With as big as our military budget is it’d be nice if some of that could be put into our decrepit cyber security — ya know, the thing that is the most prominent threat to impact every day Americans at any time.
Instead of fake training activities for black ops teams, they should think about live fire wet work targeting hackers. It’s a win/win for everyone (except hackers) when you think about it.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:33 PM 04-09-2021
Kansas unemployment has been hammered bad with this
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:38 PM 04-09-2021
This might be why the new unemployment claim numbers are so high?

Economy The number of Americans who filed initial claims for unemployment insurance rose to 744,000 during the week ended April 3, the Labor Department said in its weekly report.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:59 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Right, my argument is that the hacking of ordinary folks needs to be prioritized as a national security issue, especially with how many are funded by foreign entities. The fact that the Pentagon had a four month cyber security breach showcases that so much of our infrastructure is very vulnerable despite the sheer amount of funding we out into those services.
That's a good point. The reason that taxpayers fund national defense is to protect themselves. While cyberthreats aren't things that cause explosions and severed body parts, they're a big threat to our quality of life.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:06 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's a good point. The reason that taxpayers fund national defense is to protect themselves. While cyberthreats aren't things that cause explosion and severed body parts, they're a big threat to our quality of life.
true but the DOD doesn’t need to tell businesses how to secure their data, they are already being told what they need to do.

If they follow the known security principles their data and your information will be safe. They chose not to because in their selfish view, it costs too much time, money and resources for the company to spend. Cities don’t want to fund security for the electric grid and secure the water supply. It’s not a tech issue, it’s a funding issue.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 04:59 AM 04-11-2021
The company that I work for just received 6 unemployment claims from people who never worked for us. We're exploring our options now and trying to get some answers.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:09 AM 04-11-2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsASy4SMaoM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14WE3A0PwVs
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up