ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Simms Take on OL Prospects in 2021 Draft
Tribal Warfare 04:32 PM 04-08-2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:40 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
That was the arm length they measured him at in college. I read a report on it, it was from like 2018 or something. Might have been his freshman check-in come to think of it.

They were 33-3/8 at the EXPOS pro day.

They just keep magically growing.
You do know many people keep growing past age 18, right?

Hell, I grew until I was 21.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:05 PM 04-12-2021
The OT discussion actually starts at the 38:00 mark. Some good stuff that was covered in those first 8 to 10 minutes that is worth the listen. Including a take on Little, who Simms says is a potential franchise LT.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:02 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
You do know many people keep growing past age 18, right?

Hell, I grew until I was 21.
They grew since his expos pro day a month ago was the point i was trying to make, not on what happened 2 years ago. But NOOOO they stop growing at 18. Fucking retard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm just gonna type out what my guide says here, and to me it sounds perfect... no player coming in from the college ranks is a finished product, but this guy sounds like he has all the raw skills you could want to polish up

Pro's - A tall, wide and athletic perimeter blocker, Jenkins improved steadily and eventually developed into one of the nations best blindside blockers. He plays with a nastiness you don't always see in athletic tackles, with strong, heavy hands and the lower body strength to latch on and drive pass rushers into the ground. In the run game, he wins at the point of attack and succeeds in re-setting the LOS, and he can get out and land blocks on more athletic defenders in space, whether it be on outside zone runs, or in the screen game

Cons - His aggressiveness can get the best of him in pass pro. Jenkins looks to take the fight right to the opponent but can be beaten inside by a good counter move from someone quicker. He'll have to become more sound with his technique and more consistent with his sets

Summary - He has an exciting blend of physical traits, and his mean streak and functional strength will allow him to hold his own against NFL defenders from Day One. The question is whether he can become more polished and be trusted to handle pass rushers on an island, or whether help or scheme will become needed

Man I don't know about you, but IMO everything they list as cons are all coachable things... and his strengths speak for themselves, a huge but quick LT with grown man strength able to handle NFL power from day one

I'm pretty much in love with this guy's breakdown
Where did you get that draft guide? It mentions NOTHING about his lower body work, which I find highly suspect.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...-teven-jenkins

Originally Posted by :
Jenkins' athleticism and lack of overall range may create questions about his potential at offensive tackle and there will be some teams who grade him as a guard as a result
https://nfldraftlounge.com/2021-nfl-...teven-jenkins/

Originally Posted by :
While he does show promise in this area, he has a tendency to take bad angles in his pass set. This could be cleaned up in the NFL but I worry if he has the athletic ability to ever match the elite edge rushers he would face. He does do a good job landing high impact strikes however from a horizontal set. Typically not a player you ever want operating out of a vertical set as he lacks the foot speed and athletic ability to gain enough depth in his kick slide.
https://www.walterfootball.com/scout...21tjenkins.php

Originally Posted by :
Weaknesses:
Feet can get crossed up
Feet keep him at RT or take him to guard in NFL
Will bend at the waist
Can lunge after defenders
Loses balance sometimes late in plays
Slight stiffness makes him more of a RT
Lacks good intangibles
Those are just the first 3 I grabbed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:18 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
I agree with this and it’s too risky to let mahomes be protected by any of these later tier LTs.
So just don't draft anybody. Has to be absolutely perfect, check off every single one of the boxes, or pass, right?
[Reply]
kcbubb 11:08 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So just don't draft anybody. Has to be absolutely perfect, check off every single one of the boxes, or pass, right?
Sign a stop gap and draft a developmental guy later. Don’t pencil in a rookie that will fail at LT. We need to use our 1st pick on an immediate impact player.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:48 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Where did you get that draft guide? It mentions NOTHING about his lower body work, which I find highly suspect.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles...-teven-jenkins

https://nfldraftlounge.com/2021-nfl-...teven-jenkins/

https://www.walterfootball.com/scout...21tjenkins.php

Those are just the first 3 I grabbed.
Can’t link from phone, but it’s Athlon Sports Draft Guide
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 AM 04-13-2021
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
Sign a stop gap and draft a developmental guy later. Don’t pencil in a rookie that will fail at LT. We need to use our 1st pick on an immediate impact player.
Just as long as it is acknowledged that your rookie LT might be forced to play at some point.

Especially if they sign someone like Okung, who WILL get injured at some point.

Me personally, I'm fine with drafting a developmental guy in the 2nd or 3rd. I'm not worried at all about whether or not he's ready to start - we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

I want them to get the best prospect they can, with the best fit, for the least amount of picks possible. Seems to me that in this particular draft, that's about the end of the 2nd round.
[Reply]
Coogs 05:50 AM 04-15-2021
1:24:00 mark to around 1:27:00 mark.

Simms talks about Little and Leatherwood. Threw this in there since the Brugler mock has us taking Leatherwood. Little also has some play earlier in the show, before the top 6 segment.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up