ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Mattress hunting
007 06:23 AM 03-03-2021
Been trying to find a new mattress since mine is damn old tempurpedic. Tried two from oki but they just didn't fit the bill. Purchased a beautyrest black series x and haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour at a time. I've never had this problem before. I might wake up sore but I've always been able to sleep on any mattress. Except this one.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Looks like I'm going to have to exchange it for a new tempurpedic.
[Reply]
TribalElder 08:28 PM 07-27-2022
sleep number or suffer
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:35 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
I just spent more money on a mattress than I did for my 2005 Ford Escape 3 years ago.

The mattress is backordered so it will take 3 weeks for it to arrive but I'm currently sleeping on a 10 year old Denver Mattress piece of shit and will now be sleeping on a Purple Hybrid 3.

Mattress Firm has $300 off the price and Purple gives you a $300 allowance towards accessories. I used it on new box springs.

$3,800 delivered and my old shit hauled away.
Our purple hybrid 2 is god tier. Been sleeping on it since my post.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:36 PM 07-27-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I got the hybrid Tempurpedic with an adjustable base.

Fucking expensive and fucking worth it.
About 18 months later, still worth it. Just fucking do it.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:51 AM 07-28-2022
I tried one of those Purple mattresses a couple of years ago. It was the one that cost $1000 (at that time). I thought it was okay but not soft enough for me. As I've gotten older, I can't sleep on anything that is firm. The cool thing about Purple is that they gave me the option of what to do with the mattress. I gave it to the local homeless shelter and Purple gave me a refund. Win win.

We ended up getting a Serta Bartley plush mattress instead. I would give a link but, looking around on the internet, it seems they aren't available any longer. The last 2 mattresses that I've gotten were Sertas and they have been really good.

I did try a Sealy and it was even better but the wife didn't care for it. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 08:37 AM 07-28-2022
I only need a mattress as I have had platform beds for 28 years.

I buy a Sealy firm queen and it has never been more than $400 and works/lasts great.

I could sleep on a pile of sticks or a concrete floor. I'm lucky.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:09 PM 07-29-2022
One day the sale will be over, and we'll all be mad we missed out.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 07:23 PM 07-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
About 18 months later, still worth it. Just ****ing do it.
I have the same setup and was very hesitant to spend that much money. In hindsight, it was the best money ever spent.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:51 PM 07-29-2022
We got a new bed several months ago. Moved up from an old queen to a Ghost adjustable platform split-king from Costco. Memory foam mattress that is squished flat for delivery.

This is what my wife wanted. I was initially wary because I thought I needed a firm bed.

Firstly, the split part is great because evidently I spin like Im on a rotisserie. Plus the adjustable part works great for watching a bit of TV before sleep.

And the mattress IS softer feeling than I would have thought I liked - but Ive been sleeping like a champ. I sink in a little and then it supports me well.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up