ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>Far Cry 5
htismaqe 02:24 PM 02-17-2021
So now that I've finally finished DA:I, I'm delving into my backlog of games.

First up is Far Cry 5. I'm having a blast so far but I'm really struggling with the bow.

I've played a lot of hunting games and I just don't understand the sights on the bow, they don't function like any other game I've ever played and there's no explanation of the pin distances. I can't hit the broad side of a barn and stealth is one of my favorite things about Far Cry.

Any tips?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 05:51 PM 06-03-2021

[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 08:42 AM 06-04-2021
The graphics obviously look incredible, but other than that, meh.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:47 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
day 1 purchase for me! I'm sold.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 06-04-2021
Yeah, I won't buy it day 1 just because I never do but it's definitely going to be one I play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 06-04-2021
Yeah, I won't buy it day 1 just because I never do but it's definitely going to be one I play.
[Reply]
Kopinto 02:43 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by kjwood76nro:
Just finished on CoD.

It was nice of the developers to let you keep all your weapons and components from the previous playthrough. Can't imagine doing it from scratch.

The sniper rifle was much more involved this playthrough, though the bullet travel speed was still slow.

My preferred companions were Peaches the cougar and the archer lady. Stealth was much more meaningful when a couple bullets can kill you.

The boss battles were a real challenge (****ing Jacob), except for Joseph, which was a breeze.

Bad enough that you gotta kill each boss, but then you've gotta clear out their bunkers. At least with Joseph, just unload on him with an MG-42, revive your friends for unlimited revivals, and you're good.

Love the ending, as always.

Uh-ha-mayyyyy...zing...grace...how...sweet...the sound...tha-hat saved...uh-huh wretch...lie-hike meeee...
After having some unpleasant issues with Cyberpunk 2077 I decided to buy games after some time so that a number of patches could go out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:49 PM 06-09-2021
Originally Posted by Kopinto:
After having some unpleasant issues with Cyberpunk 2077 I decided to buy games after some time so that a number of patches could go out.
A pleasant side effect of the way I play games (1 at a time, in serial) is that I'm always a few months or more behind so I very rarely buy games at launch. I don't remember the last time I had a game-breaking bug but I also don't remember the last time bought a title that's been out for less than 6 months.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:19 PM 07-12-2021
Sorry for necro'ing an old thread but Assassin's Creed got Assassin's Creed'ed in my list of favorite games...

I think I've talked about this before but I got into AC because of Black Flag. I had no interest in AC at all until they did pirates. I loved AC:BF so much that I played AC3 and then AC2. From there, I was in love with AC itself and I have played every game in the series.

I originally had no interest in Far Cry. Then Primal came out and I bought it because cavemen. I had enough fun with it that I decided to try FC5. I enjoyed it enough that I bought a season pass as well as FC New Dawn. After finishing New Dawn, I was officially in love with FC.

So all that brings me to this - I got FC3 as part of my FC5 season pass. I decided to fire it up over the weekend and I can't stop playing. I've dumped hours into it already. It might be the most fun I've had in years. I love this game.
[Reply]
Dayze 05:41 PM 07-12-2021
I need to break out Far Cry 5; I bought it a month or so before we moved, and only got maybe 40% through. I should fire it up again and start over. I'll be in a video game lull for a bit here. been playing the bejesus out of MLB The Show 21. took a bit of a break and played NBA 2k20...and the more I play it, the more I think it might be ass lol. I used to love playing it. The wife wants to restart RDRII but man...lol...I don't think I have that sort of commitment. maybe over the winter months.

Far Cry 6 looks pretty interesting.
[Reply]
eDave 11:20 PM 07-12-2021
Capture parties suck.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:13 PM 07-14-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
Capture parties suck.
Capture parties?

Right now, I'm really trying to figure out taking outposts without getting spotted. Silencers and sniper rifles don't work the way they did in FC5 and New Dawn.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:24 PM 10-05-2021

[Reply]
Fish 08:45 AM 10-08-2021
Got to play Far Cry 6 for a little over 4hrs yesterday. It's about what I expected. Straight continuation of the previous games with regards to outpost conquering, weapons, vehicles, etc. I like the locale in this one. Graphics are really nice. Not a lot of new features. The enemy AI has been tweaked a bit. Bad guys seem to be better at surrounding and swarming you. There were a few moments I was just out on the road exploring, and shot an enemy driving by. Which caused another enemy to come driving up, followed by another and another. All hell broke loose before I realized it. Likewise when you get spotted clearing an outpost and they set off the alarm. It seems to be more chaotic.

FYI, Ubisoft has a new monthly play plan, if you want to try the game for cheap. $14.99/month. Gives you access to their library of games.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:40 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Got to play Far Cry 6 for a little over 4hrs yesterday. It's about what I expected. Straight continuation of the previous games with regards to outpost conquering, weapons, vehicles, etc. I like the locale in this one. Graphics are really nice. Not a lot of new features. The enemy AI has been tweaked a bit. Bad guys seem to be better at surrounding and swarming you. There were a few moments I was just out on the road exploring, and shot an enemy driving by. Which caused another enemy to come driving up, followed by another and another. All hell broke loose before I realized it. Likewise when you get spotted clearing an outpost and they set off the alarm. It seems to be more chaotic.

FYI, Ubisoft has a new monthly play plan, if you want to try the game for cheap. $14.99/month. Gives you access to their library of games.
I'm not a huge Far cry fan so I'll wait for a good sale, but this one has some sharp graphics and seems a bit different than most so i'll pick it up eventually. Still charmed by Deathloop, nothing better than an Arkane game to keep me playing.
[Reply]
Fish 09:51 PM 10-09-2021
Far Cry 6 driving controls are fucking rage inducing though. Seriously. Turning a vehicle around to go in the opposite direction feels like this every fucking time....

[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up