ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 746 of 791
« First < 246646696736742743744745746 747748749750756 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Red Dawg 10:24 AM 04-18-2019
Doesn't feel like this is happening. Price is too high and we aren't paying him 17 mil this year.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:25 AM 04-18-2019
I’m gonna have a major problem with this franchise if they do wind up trading for and extending Clark but allow Hill to go in a year or two out of fear for his own potential issues.

I only say this because I find it hard to believe that they would ever give Mahomes, Jones, Hill, AND Clark massive extensions on top of what HB is also already making.

Mahomes, Hill, and Jones are the types of unique talents that can legitimately win games by themselves at times... I don’t think Clark fits into that category. I know he doesn’t.

Great player, but not a ‘unicorn’ like those other three.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:34 AM 04-18-2019
one thing Veach isn't doing - is lunging forward, looking desperate. Fucking Alpa as can be. Love that man.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 04-18-2019
They can fit them all under if they want.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:38 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They can fit them all under if they want.
Can they?

When Mahomes cap hit is approaching $40M? Jones at $20M? Possibly Hill as well?

Maybe they can technically, but the rest of the roster would suffer for it.
[Reply]
O.city 10:40 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Can they?

When Mahomes cap hit is approaching $40M? Jones at $20M? Possibly Hill as well?

Maybe they can technically, but the rest of the roster would suffer for it.
Structure is all the rage.

You would have Mathieu coming off once Hill's big numbers hit, same with Mahomes etc.

I don't think they'll do it but if you were going to now would be a time to think about it.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:47 AM 04-18-2019
the cap is an illusion
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:51 AM 04-18-2019
As it stands now....we'll have $31 million in cap space after Berry is gone June 1st. We're scheduled to have roughly $58 million in 2020 before any new contracts or cuts.

If Hill is re-signed.....then Watkins is pretty much gone which saves us $14 million. After this year....I don't see anyway that they're both on this team after Hill's new deal.

Jones will get a new deal but we have cap space for that.

Players that you can cut after this season:

Sorenson - $3.75 million in savings
Erving - $3.25 million in savings
[Reply]
Iconic 10:53 AM 04-18-2019
That's potentially 60% of your cap space allocated to 5 guys. Your roster is going to be complete and utter shit.

For perspective the Saints top 5 take up less than 30% of their cap space and the Rams about 35%.

Yeah sure, you can fit just about anything under the cap. It doesn't mean you should actually do it lol
[Reply]
ForeverChiefs58 10:53 AM 04-18-2019
Nate Taylor

@ByNateTaylor
A key phrase from Brett Veach: "A ton of defensive linemen this year."
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:03 AM 04-18-2019
I know you can't truly judge a draft until 2-3 years later, but it sure does feel good after draft weekend when most draft pundits are giving you an A grade and gushing about the talent you added. It would be nice to have that happen instead of having to do anything possible to convince ourselves we added some good players.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:08 AM 04-18-2019
If we’re looking to spend 20m and a first for Clark, I’d much rather spend less than that much $ on Ansah or Suh and trade up for a guy like Ferrell or trade back and nab someone if it’s gonna cost too much to move up.

Clark is good, but he’s not great.

Let it go, Veach...unless Clark will sign for something similar to what Ford got in terms of structure.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:14 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m gonna have a major problem with this franchise if they do wind up trading for and extending Clark but allow Hill to go in a year or two out of fear for his own potential issues.

I only say this because I find it hard to believe that they would ever give Mahomes, Jones, Hill, AND Clark massive extensions on top of what HB is also already making.

Mahomes, Hill, and Jones are the types of unique talents that can legitimately win games by themselves at times... I don’t think Clark fits into that category. I know he doesn’t.

Great player, but not a ‘unicorn’ like those other three.
I agree. AND, while I know everyone's sick of the Patriots way talk, you can use their blueprint for how to sustain a dynasty in the salary-cap age. That is, you pay your star QB. You pay your UNIQUE talents. You let the rest walk when they get too expensive. You draft well, you plug and play cheap vets.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:17 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I know you can't truly judge a draft until 2-3 years later, but it sure does feel good after draft weekend when most draft pundits are giving you an A grade and gushing about the talent you added. It would be nice to have that happen instead of having to do anything possible to convince ourselves we added some good players.
The pundits don't know fuck-all.

Mahomes was a reach. Kareem Hunt was a special teamer. Kelce was a project. Chris Jones was a reach.

They just spout bullshit.
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:29 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
That's potentially 60% of your cap space allocated to 5 guys. Your roster is going to be complete and utter shit.

For perspective the Saints top 5 take up less than 30% of their cap space and the Rams about 35%.

Yeah sure, you can fit just about anything under the cap. It doesn't mean you should actually do it lol
This.

The scrubs and stars approach is a recipe for disaster.
[Reply]
Page 746 of 791
« First < 246646696736742743744745746 747748749750756 > Last »
Up