ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 743 of 791
« First < 243643693733739740741742743 744745746747753 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:44 AM 04-18-2019
I can’t see us trading for Clark. We are about to shell out 60-70 mil between Mahomes Hill and Jones
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:44 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:
Offload giant ass contracts this season to take care of your own.

Sign Frank Clark to the tune of 20m AAV.

Just Veach tings.
Offload two highly paid 34 OLBs who don't fit the new DCs system and a way past his prime safety who hasn't played in two years.

Trade for and extend a prototypical DE that fits the DCs system perfectly.

FTFY
[Reply]
Iconic 08:51 AM 04-18-2019
What we offloaded is irrelevant. We have at least 4 valued assets that have large deals coming their way over the next two seasons.

You can add Frank Clark sure, but just know that's addition followed by subtraction a year later. You won't have the money to lock up at least one.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:59 AM 04-18-2019
If you were to trade for Clark either you ain’t keeping Hill or Jones
[Reply]
O.city 09:09 AM 04-18-2019
You can do it all. It won't be easy money wise and you're gonna have to hit on some draft picks, but it's possible to do.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:10 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Ah. Is there any reason why it can't be typed? Is it some kind of forbidden phrase or something?
It's how they address it in police docs, i think?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:12 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
You can do it all. It won't be easy money wise and you're gonna have to hit on some draft picks, but it's possible to do.
This. It’s possible, but you’d have to give Clark a contract similar to Watkins/Tyrann in terms of length.
[Reply]
O.city 09:13 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This. It’s possible, but you’d have to give Clark a contract similar to Watkins/Tyrann
You could do a 4 year deal with an escape hatch after the 2nd with Clark i'd imagine, similar to what the 9ers did with Ford.

The chiefs need some of these draft picks to hit and be really good players for sure, but hell they've had Hill playing for peanuts for a while, same with Jones.

When you draft well, you're gonna have to pay well. It is what it is.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:14 AM 04-18-2019
Seahawks probably wouldn't take only a 2019 2nd round pick for Clark, but that would be the most I'd be willing to offer.

We did the 2020 2nd rounder for Ford. If we gave the Seahawks a 2nd this year, we're still going above and beyond for the Seahawks by saying, "You're getting a better deal than your division rivals got from us. Make the deal."

I know people will think I'm being an unreasonable jackass, but a trade for Clark just plain doesn't make sense if the name of the game is cap conservation for the future. If you do the Clark trade, then you're left gasping for cap space to re-sign your own AND you don't have the extra draft stock to attempt to replace other positions cheaply and efficiently.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Seahawks probably wouldn't take only a 2019 2nd round pick for Clark, but that would be the most I'd be willing to offer.

We did the 2020 2nd rounder for Ford. If we gave the Seahawks a 2nd this year, we're still going above and beyond for the Seahawks by saying, "You're getting a better deal than your division rivals got from us. Make the deal."

I know people will think I'm being an unreasonable jackass, but a trade for Clark just plain doesn't make sense if the name of the game is cap conservation for the future. If you do the Clark trade, then you're left gasping for cap space to re-sign your own AND you don't have the extra draft stock to attempt to replace other positions cheaply and efficiently.
They've had space to go sign whoever they want the last few offseasons, even with the big name guys we had here.

It'll take 29 to get Clark, he's a much better player than Ford i'd think. I don't think i'd do that, but that's probably what it would take.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:24 AM 04-18-2019
I think the problem with a Clark trade is that Seattle most likely wants a 2nd rd pick for next week, not the Dee Ford pick.

They have the fewest picks in the draft and surely want to fix that.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:27 AM 04-18-2019
Clark trade doesn't make any sense because of his prior issues of being an absolute assclown. We've been burned once by KHunt and are currently waiting to find out what happens with Hill, and now we're trying to invest serious draft capital and cash into Frank Clark. Textbook insanity.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:29 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Clark trade doesn't make any sense because of his prior issues of being an absolute assclown. We've been burned once by KHunt and are currently waiting to find out what happens with Hill, and now we're trying to invest serious draft capital and cash into Frank Clark. Textbook insanity.
They cut Hunt because of lying not because of domestic abuse
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:32 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
They cut Hunt because of lying not because of domestic abuse
Did I say domestic abuse? No.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:33 AM 04-18-2019
Seattle is desperate for draft picks, make no mistake there. So if I’m Veach, no way do I budge off of my asking price yet. I’d love if they could get them to take a 3 and a 5 next week due to that desperation, but it’s quite unlikely I’m sure.

No way I give 29, not when they have to extend him too.
[Reply]
Page 743 of 791
« First < 243643693733739740741742743 744745746747753 > Last »
Up