ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Vaccine(s) coming mid-December...
I'll be the first in line if possible 91 37.76%
I'll get one but I'll wait a month or two to see who croaks 56 23.24%
Like any software or game system, never take 1.0... I'll wait until summer 30 12.45%
If no one's dead by next Thanksgiving, count me in 18 7.47%
No. ****ing. Way. 46 19.09%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Will you take the vaccine?
JD10367 03:40 PM 11-23-2020
I don't think this needs to go to DC because it's an apolitical question, more about how much you trust Big Pharma.
[Reply]
Peter Gibbons 06:02 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
That's cool. I can just invent a religion to suit my needs at the moment.
Where did I leave my copy of Dianetics? Perhaps, I left it on the space ship? It always with the last alien species you expect.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:05 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
If you've had an dental work done in the last 15 years, you've already been chipped. Just a heads-up.
Say what?
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:11 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I just got new feeders for my cats so that they can have access to their own food. They read the cats' microchips and only open up the bowls when the right cat is there. It's magical.

Sign me up for that shit. It'd be magical if I could just get in my car with no keys and know that it's theft proof. Or just walk up to my door and have it unlock because it knows it's me. Or just wave my hand at a cash register to charge it to my card. (Yes, you can do some of this with bluetooth, but then your phone can get stolen.)

So hail Satan or some shit. Bring it on.

(Note that none of this has anything to do with vaccines, though.)
We have these but it's because some of the cats have food allergies. They don't work off of an implant though, it's just a tag that goes on the collar.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:17 PM 11-25-2020
It's likely that many big gatherings of people are going to require you get the vaccine for the near future, so this doesn't surprise me at all. This is just the adult version of requiring vaccines to attend public schools.
It's going to be a whole lot different than that, though.

To go to school, you get your vax records and show them to the school in July. You're then good until next July.

If you have to show you are vax'd to go to the store, to concerts, etc. there's going to have to be a better mechanism for reporting.

I've heard wallet cards but those seem like they'd be really easy to counterfeit.

I mean, the conversation about RFID chips so far has been a little tongue-in-cheek but in all seriousness, how else are they gonna do this?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:51 PM 11-25-2020
Yeah, it's pretty simple. You just put it in pairing mode, put some treats in the bowl, and then just wait until they wander up to it for it to read their chip. You have to keep the other cat away for a bit, but that's not a huge issue.

There is a bit of a learning curve for our skittish cat, but it has modes for that too. They're both pretty comfortable with it at this point.

Though I was obviously being a bit facetious about it, here's the product I got in case someone's actually interested. Not exactly cheap, but it's about the only good way to free feed cats with different diets.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-MPF0...dp/B00O0UIPTY/
When the dog wants some of the cat's food:

[Reply]
DaFace 07:28 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

To go to school, you get your vax records and show them to the school in July. You're then good until next July.

If you have to show you are vax'd to go to the store, to concerts, etc. there's going to have to be a better mechanism for reporting.

I've heard wallet cards but those seem like they'd be really easy to counterfeit.

I mean, the conversation about RFID chips so far has been a little tongue-in-cheek but in all seriousness, how else are they gonna do this?
Look up the Ticketmaster partnership with CLEAR. It's not the only way, but it's one option.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:41 PM 11-25-2020
Yeah, it's pretty simple. You just put it in pairing mode, put some treats in the bowl, and then just wait until they wander up to it for it to read their chip. You have to keep the other cat away for a bit, but that's not a huge issue.

There is a bit of a learning curve for our skittish cat, but it has modes for that too. They're both pretty comfortable with it at this point.

Though I was obviously being a bit facetious about it, here's the product I got in case someone's actually interested. Not exactly cheap, but it's about the only good way to free feed cats with different diets.

https://www.amazon.com/SureFlap-MPF0...dp/B00O0UIPTY/
Mrs. GloryDayz said I can't buy two. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:12 PM 11-25-2020

why can’t they do an encrypted bar code, q readers or something similar. Don’t have a smartphone? Get a print out? You scan tickets all the time now. What’s the big deal about scanning proof of vaccination? Attach to the ticket etc.
[Reply]
Sorry 08:50 PM 11-25-2020
is there a black friday deal?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:56 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by RetiredSeniorChief:
Will you take the Mark of the Beast? Because that's what they are setting you up for.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:01 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
why can’t they do an encrypted bar code, q readers or something similar. Don’t have a smartphone? Get a print out? You scan tickets all the time now. What’s the big deal about scanning proof of vaccination? Attach to the ticket etc.
Somebody has to produce that proof of vaccination and currently no such technology has been approved by the FDA or the FCC, so just putting your vax records in your health app isn't available.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:03 PM 11-25-2020
Look up the Ticketmaster partnership with CLEAR. It's not the only way, but it's one option.
Reading about it now. The issue with stuff like this is 2nd and 3rd-party intermediaries. I'm not sure how much different it is than storing your medical ID information but so far, nobody seems to want to mess with it.

Hopefully, this situation will push the issue to the forefront.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:08 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I think it's this part:

There's that, I guess, but I can get into football games.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:08 PM 11-25-2020

Lol living in the Midwest you seriously don’t think that will fly?
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 PM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Lol living in the Midwest you seriously don’t think that will fly?
What won't fly?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 38
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up