ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Final Mock Draft
staylor26 05:32 PM 04-23-2024
1. Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU - I can just as easily see Patrick Paul here, but I'm going to give Kingsley the edge because of his age. I also think a trade up for a LT is very possible, but I don't even try to predict trades.

2. Javon Baker, WR, UCF - compliments Rice and Brown perfectly. Might require a small trade up, but I have them getting him at 64.

3. Renardo Green, CB, FSU - the Chiefs are going to draft a CB, just a matter of when. Green is a great combination of need, fit, and value here in the 3rd.

4. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU - the Chiefs have been sniffing around TEs this year, and it feels like they will be taking one early on day 3.

5. Tyrone Tracy Jr., RB, Purdue - the former WR is an ideal replacement for McKinnon, and gives them a guy that compliments Pacheco very well.

6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa - productive small school guy that's worth a swing.

7. Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia - possible replacement for Smith here, or a swing T. Let him and Morris develop and it will sort itself out long term.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:00 PM 04-23-2024
This feels very realistic to me!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:37 PM 04-23-2024
We are pretty close. I had Kingsley too as well as Wiley but earlier. Also have a FSU corner but the other one. Javon Baker is one of 3 WR’s I’m considering rd 2.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:47 PM 04-23-2024
I know Irv Smith is only on a one year deal, but are we really looking at TE in this draft? Don't we have a couple of guys stashed on the PS that are capable (with Mahomes throwing to them, anyway)?

That's a minor quirk, really. I'd take that for sure.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:47 PM 04-23-2024
The Andy Reid / BYU thing might factor into this pick as well
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:36 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
The Andy Reid / BYU thing might factor into this pick as well
There isn't an Andy Reid/BYU thing.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There isn't an Andy Reid/BYU thing.
Have the Chiefs drafted a single BYU player under Reid? :-)

Dirty Dan was an UDFA.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Have the Chiefs drafted a single BYU player under Reid? :-)

Dirty Dan was an UDFA.
Once in 2005. A guard in the 5th round.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:05 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Once in 2005. A guard in the 5th round.
So not even under Reid lol

Or are you saying Reid drafted that G for the Eagles?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:00 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU - I can just as easily see Patrick Paul here, but I'm going to give Kingsley the edge because of his age. I also think a trade up for a LT is very possible, but I don't even try to predict trades.

2. Javon Baker, WR, UCF - compliments Rice and Brown perfectly. Might require a small trade up, but I have them getting him at 64.

3. Renardo Green, CB, FSU - the Chiefs are going to draft a CB, just a matter of when. Green is a great combination of need, fit, and value here in the 3rd.

4. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU - the Chiefs have been sniffing around TEs this year, and it feels like they will be taking one early on day 3.

5. Tyrone Tracy Jr., RB, Purdue - the former WR is an ideal replacement for McKinnon, and gives them a guy that compliments Pacheco very well.

6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa - productive small school guy that's worth a swing.

7. Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia - possible replacement for Smith here, or a swing T. Let him and Morris develop and it will sort itself out long term.

Do you see Suamataia as a lot better than other tackles that will be going in the 2nd?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Do you see Suamataia as a lot better than other tackles that will be going in the 2nd?
This is a predictive mock, but I believe and agree with Veach when he essentially said the WR depth is much better.

All things even, I'd prefer a WR, but if it's Kingsley/Baker or Blake Fisher and Xavier Worthy, the former is a better combo.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:28 AM 04-24-2024
This is really close to how I see it going unless they trade up.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:33 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
This is really close to how I see it going unless they trade up.
Yea, a trade up would obviously change everything, but they're just so damn hard to predict I don't even bother with my mocks.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:34 AM 04-24-2024
I'd be quite pleased with this draft, honestly. I think I feel very similar about the overall playout of it positionally and by round.

I do think if we don't go WR in round 1, we will make a move in the 2nd round to get a guy we like. I'd probably swap Wiley and Green by round but that's a matter of personal opinion that doesn't really affect much.
[Reply]
In58men 08:48 AM 04-24-2024

To summarize my last 5 phone calls- everyone is moving up for an OT.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up