ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1562 of 3903
« First < 562106214621512155215581559156015611562 156315641565156615721612166220622562 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 01:50 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
So, you realize why that might be the case right? Covid-19 will lead to death in different ways. While it is true the majority of these deaths are going to be due to respiratory issues, if you get an infection that will cause huge strain on your heart.

There was a guy on Chiefsplanet who sadly died a few years ago if I recall because he had a significant toothache. A toothache. And the infection ended up effecting his heart. So how is it that Covid-19 couldn't be the cause of cardiac arrest or a heart attack?

When people get Aids. Do they die from Aids? No. They die from things Aids causes.
I don't think people get this very well. My father technically died from necrotizing pneumonia. Of course, his treatment for GBM directly resulted in that condition.
[Reply]
Monticore 01:51 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Or thier accounting is.

I just read today locally we had a death ruled covid because the guy had a heart attack and was positive and that may have contributed. :-)
If covid was contributing cause of the heart attack then it should count , I am sure fighting a virus the body has never seen before puts some stress on the whole system including the heart. there is room for more than one item on a death certificate.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:52 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
If covid was contributing cause of the heart attack then it should count , I am sure fighting a virus the body has never seen before puts some stress on the whole system including the hearth. there is room for more than one item on a death certificate.
I am sure it could have contributed, he may have also died anyway regardless.

No coincidence reporting of death by other factors have dropped significantly, Covid apparently cures other diseases.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:55 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That is quite the solid counter argument.
Quite the nonpolitical post.
[Reply]
TLO 01:55 PM 04-21-2020
So, you realize why that might be the case right? Covid-19 will lead to death in different ways. While it is true the majority of these deaths are going to be due to respiratory issues, if you get an infection that will cause huge strain on your heart.

There was a guy on Chiefsplanet who sadly died a few years ago if I recall because he had a significant toothache. A toothache. And the infection ended up effecting his heart. So how is it that Covid-19 couldn't be the cause of cardiac arrest or a heart attack?

When people get Aids. Do they die from Aids? No. They die from things Aids causes.
That was Psycho Tek - RIP
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:58 PM 04-21-2020

Did his death certificate say death by toothache?
[Reply]
BWillie 01:59 PM 04-21-2020
Are you Pete's mult? You are quite entertaining.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:02 PM 04-21-2020
Or thier accounting is.

I just read today locally we had a death ruled covid because the guy had a heart attack and was positive and that may have contributed. :-)
I do understand why they do that but I do believe it can inflate the numbers erroneously as well.
[Reply]
TLO 02:04 PM 04-21-2020
Does anyone know when the IHME is due to update again?
[Reply]
Monticore 02:06 PM 04-21-2020
I am sure it could have contributed, he may have also died anyway regardless.

No coincidence reporting of death by other factors have dropped significantly, Covid apparently cures other diseases.
If a patient has asthma gets infected with COVID and develops pneumonia and then renal failure and dies , all will be included in the certificate and all will contribute to their individual statistics.+1 asthma +1 COVID +1renal failure+ 1 pneumonia. the other disease don't disappear it just happens that we are not in a renal failure pandemic at the moment.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:07 PM 04-21-2020
What counts is how this is medically coded. For instance people dying are dying from acute respiratory failure or ARDs secondary to the causative agent which is COVID. Nowadays most insurance companies will reject most claims of unspecified origin (aka pneumonia unspecified) and will want the causative agent. If they don't want the underlying cause, the hospital administration damn sure does since specificity pays more.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:08 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
What counts is how this is medically coded. For instance people dying are dying from acute respiratory failure or ARDs secondary to the causative agent which is COVID. Nowadays most insurance companies will reject most claims of unspecified origin (aka pneumonia unspecified) and will want the causative agent. If they don't want the underlying cause, the hospital administration damn sure does since specificity pays more.
I think you just hit on something extremely relevant.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:09 PM 04-21-2020
Are you Pete's mult? You are quite entertaining.
Its a valid question given your example no?
[Reply]
Monticore 02:09 PM 04-21-2020
I understand if the guy who had a heart attack was found dead in room full of hookers and blow and tests positive it might not be COVID related but why would a Doctor risk their license to pad the stats or mislead the family.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:11 PM 04-21-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I understand if the guy who had a heart attack was found dead in room full of hookers and blow and tests positive it might not be COVID related but why would a Doctor risk their license to pad the stats or mislead the family.
No matter how you look at it though, NY numbers are pretty hard to understand are they not?
[Reply]
Page 1562 of 3903
« First < 562106214621512155215581559156015611562 156315641565156615721612166220622562 > Last »
Up