ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1461 of 3903
« First < 46196113611411145114571458145914601461 146214631464146514711511156119612461 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Mecca 07:55 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
This is vital information. . . .
They should hang that picture on the capital buildings where people are protesting, it would probably hold the average one for about 20 minutes.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 07:59 AM 04-17-2020
Essential, in this particular era, is a loosely defined term of art, more than a clinical description.

Think of it more 'not purely or predominantly, nor necessarily, for the purposes of social congregation' rather than 'imperative for survival.'

Bars and gyms, not essential. Liquor stores and outdoor exercise, essential.
Lol. Ain't that the truth.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:00 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Florida brings the lolz...

The beaches and parks will be open for essential activities only, which per Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R) executive order include walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming and surfing as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.

I never knew surfing, swimming, fishing and hiking were an essential activities...
If the WWE is an essential business, why wouldn't the governor view those beaches as "essential". We have no state tax. All of our state revenue is raised from tourism and some oil. But, mostly tourism.

Florida is somehow both closing late and opening early during this outbreak. Even after we now know that letting those spring breakers on the beaches caused infections all over the USA when they went back home, we still havn't learned that lesson. Same thing is going on with Disney, Universal, Sea World etc are all figuring out how to open and follow social distancing guidelines. When they get a plan, the governor is going to declare them "essential" business's.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:00 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They should hang that picture on the capital buildings where people are protesting, it would probably hold the average one for about 20 minutes.
You mean at the POLITICAL PROTEST at the center of POLITICAL POWER?

What kind of conversation are you itching for here, Mecca?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:02 AM 04-17-2020
https://www.huffpostbrasil.com/entry...f6e?ri18n=true

I enjoy when a countries president fires a health official for not downplaying stuff..I'd like to give a quick newsflash to these dudes, the virus does not give a rats ass about your politics, please stop acting like party affiliation matters, thank you.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:03 AM 04-17-2020
You mean at the POLITICAL PROTEST at the center of POLITICAL POWER?

What kind of conversation are you itching for here, Mecca?
A simple conversation about how people are fucking dumb.
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:03 AM 04-17-2020

The beaches and parks will be open for essential activities only, which per Gov. Ron DeSantis' (R) executive order include walking, biking, hiking, fishing, running, swimming and surfing as long as social distancing guidelines are followed.

I never knew surfing, swimming, fishing and hiking were an essential activities...
The same thing came up in a DC thread, they're probably better described as "safe" activities. The definition of the word "essential" is certainly being bastardized throughout this ordeal.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:03 AM 04-17-2020
Lol. Ain't that the truth.
Yeah, it is. Don't know what's particularly LOL about it, though.

Social distancing is the aim, not inactivity. If people can be active and still socially distancing, it's another weapon in the arsenal to achieve overall compliance.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:06 AM 04-17-2020

Social distancing is the aim, not inactivity. If people can be active and still socially distancing, it's another weapon in the arsenal to achieve overall compliance.
I think it's LOL because we started there and then they ended up closed because average person is a moron that doesn't know how to listen.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:09 AM 04-17-2020

No need to get all testy. Just cause I'm laughing at something doesn't mean you have to.

I'm with you as far as social distancing. I just hope everyone is careful out there. It sounds good in theory but lets see how many people actually practice it when they are out.

It's just funny, to me at least, how the definition of 'essential' has changed so much during this pandemic. It's a ****ing joke if you ask me.

essential
[əˈsen(t)SHəl]
ADJECTIVE
absolutely necessary; extremely important.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:09 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Stop
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:15 AM 04-17-2020

Exercise is not an essential activity?
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 08:15 AM 04-17-2020
Anyway it's great to see the country slowly opening up. Hopefully everyone is careful and follows the guidelines. That happens and I think we will be fine.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:16 AM 04-17-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
If the WWE is an essential business, why wouldn't the governor view those beaches as "essential". We have no state tax. All of our state revenue is raised from tourism and some oil. But, mostly tourism.

Florida is somehow both closing late and opening early during this outbreak. Even after we now know that letting those spring breakers on the beaches caused infections all over the USA when they went back home, we still havn't learned that lesson. Same thing is going on with Disney, Universal, Sea World etc are all figuring out how to open and follow social distancing guidelines. When they get a plan, the governor is going to declare them "essential" business's.

If the state can only continue to operate from revenue from those things doesn’t that kind of make them essential?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:16 AM 04-17-2020
The WWE is running with no fans so how is that helping the state?
[Reply]
Page 1461 of 3903
« First < 46196113611411145114571458145914601461 146214631464146514711511156119612461 > Last »
Up