ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 154 of 185
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drink of choice tonight? PART DEUX
scho63 02:50 PM 08-20-2014
The original thread has been locked so here we go again! :-)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=118490

============================================

My brother turned me onto this wine and it's a great Sauvignon Blanc for $10
Attached: JG.jpg (74.8 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:04 PM 07-04-2021
Screwball peanut butter whiskey ...
[Reply]
lewdog 03:08 PM 07-31-2021
The lime tree produced a bumper crop yet again this year. Hundreds of limes on my tree.

Today I am drinking only lime drinks!

Starting off with a lime martini.

[Reply]
Bearcat 03:12 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
The lime tree produced a bumper crop yet again this year. Hundreds of limes on my tree.

I have another 200+ peaches this year. Last year was peach brandy, which turned out okay. I threw a bunch into a bottle of vodka the other day and it turned out great, and only after ~24 hours.

And the peach salsa, peach bread, peach cobbler, peach daiquiris.... might try something with one of the 'meh' bottles of bourbon.
[Reply]
lewdog 03:27 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I have another 200+ peaches this year. Last year was peach brandy, which turned out okay. I threw a bunch into a bottle of vodka the other day and it turned out great, and only after ~24 hours.

And the peach salsa, peach bread, peach cobbler, peach daiquiris.... might try something with one of the 'meh' bottles of bourbon.
That's awesome! I love peach trees and I killed two of them. It's the darndest thing.

I think the bourbon idea would be fantastic. Use something lower level but not trash.....I'd suggest a higher alcohol content like Wild Turkey for the peaches.
[Reply]
Pablo 03:52 PM 07-31-2021

Delightful. Is this just Tito's and lime juice or you do something else to it?
[Reply]
lewdog 03:55 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Delightful. Is this just Tito's and lime juice or you do something else to it?
3oz Titos
1oz triple sec
juice from 2 limes
sugar to taste (not much, I prefer sour)

Shake and strain.
[Reply]
Bearcat 03:57 PM 07-31-2021
That's awesome! I love peach trees and I killed two of them. It's the darndest thing.

I think the bourbon idea would be fantastic. Use something lower level but not trash.....I'd suggest a higher alcohol content like Wild Turkey for the peaches.
I have some Russell's Reserve that I don't really care for, but as far as higher proof that I'd rather mix, it would come down to some Wilderness Trail or a Savage & Cooke that came with a Blanton's deal. :-)
[Reply]
lewdog 04:00 PM 07-31-2021
I have some Russell's Reserve that I don't really care for, but as far as higher proof that I'd rather mix, it would come down to some Wilderness Trail or a Savage & Cooke that came with a Blanton's deal. :-)
What did you say about Russell's Reserve?!?!?! :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 04:03 PM 07-31-2021
What did you say about Russell's Reserve?!?!?! :-)
:-)

I figured at least one of those would be sacrilegious.

I picked up a bottle as part of a Flaviar subscription gift with higher expectations, but just not into it. I've also heard really good things about Wilderness Trail, but seems too.... new.

But hey, I'm not touching the EJ or Four Roses or Blantons.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:03 PM 07-31-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:04 PM 07-31-2021
Jim Beam Apple.
[Reply]
Pablo 04:04 PM 07-31-2021
You're a bad influence lew. I got a hankering for something citrusy and threw together a whiskey sour. Can't remember the last time I ordered one out and can't say I've ever made one at home.

Maker's isn't my go-to but it was a bday present from the in-laws so I don't feel too bad using it as a mixing bourbon.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:14 PM 07-31-2021
:-)

I figured at least one of those would be sacrilegious.

I picked up a bottle as part of a Flaviar subscription gift with higher expectations, but just not into it. I've also heard really good things about Wilderness Trail, but seems too.... new.

But hey, I'm not touching the EJ or Four Roses or Blantons.
Meet me at Ground Control, I want to fight you!

That's what great about bourbon/whiskey. Lots of flavor profiles that appeal to different people.

Use the Russell's for the peaches then. That would be good since it IS a good bourbon.

Originally Posted by Pablo:
You're a bad influence lew. I got a hankering for something citrusy and threw together a whiskey sour. Can't remember the last time I ordered one out and can't say I've ever made one at home.

Maker's isn't my go-to but it was a bday present from the in-laws so I don't feel too bad using it as a mixing bourbon.
I LOVE whiskey sours, drink tons of them at home, but restaurants add that shitty mix to them.

3oz bourbon
Juice from 1 large lemon or 2 small
Agave Nectar 1-2 tsp
1 Egg White (frothy)

Shake and strain. That's the way to make one next time. The best whiskey to use for a sour is a rye whiskey as it has more bite.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:15 PM 07-31-2021
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Jim Beam Apple.
I'm not hating anything today.

Even this post!!!!
[Reply]
Pablo 04:31 PM 07-31-2021
Meet me at Ground Control, I want to fight you!

That's what great about bourbon/whiskey. Lots of flavor profiles that appeal to different people.

Use the Russell's for the peaches then. That would be good since it IS a good bourbon.

I LOVE whiskey sours, drink tons of them at home, but restaurants add that shitty mix to them.

3oz bourbon
Juice from 1 large lemon or 2 small
Agave Nectar 1-2 tsp
1 Egg White (frothy)

Shake and strain. That's the way to make one next time. The best whiskey to use for a sour is a rye whiskey as it has more bite.
I saw a recipe that called for egg whites and I just didn't feel like Rocky today so I omitted that but the next go-round I'll do it to it.

I just did a lemon and an oz of simple syrup. Good call on the rye too, I have some Knob Creek Rye in the cabinet.
[Reply]
Page 154 of 185
« First < 54104144150151152153154 155156157158164 > Last »
Up