ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>I-29 to Omaha is apparently closed from flooding
BWillie 02:54 PM 03-16-2019
https://www.kq2.com/content/news/Flo...507212831.html

Flooding has forced more evacuations in northwest Missouri.

The Atchison County Commission issued an immediate mandatory evacuation Friday for areas west of I-29 due to the threat flooding.

The Missouri River at Brownville, NE is approaching record levels.

As of Friday afternoon, the river is at 44.49 feet just shy of the record crest of 44.8 set in 2011.

The river is expected to crest at 48 feet on Sunday.

Near-record level flooding has also forced the shutdown of I-29 at the Missouri/Iowa border.

Interstate 29 at Rock Port exit 110 is closed due to flooding in Iowa.

The Missouri Department of Transportation said drivers wanting to use I-29 northbound should use I-35 and then I-80 into Iowa.
[Reply]
bobbymitch 09:55 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
Actually, Lake of the Ozarks is still pretty average at the moment, and they normally hold off on any dam draining from Truman to Lake of the Ozarks this time of year, specifically to maintain a buffer on the Lake of the Ozarks after the spring rain hits and fills Truman. I was just down at Lake of the Ozarks last week. They can release a lot into Lake of the Ozarks to account for flooding at Truman and the Lake of the Ozarks can absorb a shit ton before disrupting much for those around the area.

That's what the native from the area told me last weekend at least...
I wouldn't say LOTO can absorb a shit ton, but quite a bit. Currently, whatever goes through Truman is being released out of Bagnell. And on a positive note, the level of the Osage River below the dam is going down.

But yes, the full flood pool of Truman is 740 and it's just several inches of achieving that. So it's not good. The Corps isn't planning on Truman getting close to normal levels until the end of summer. Also realize that both Stckton and Pomme de Terre are above normal levels.
[Reply]
Bugeater 10:00 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Same here!
Please stay away
[Reply]
007 10:02 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Please stay away
:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:04 PM 06-03-2019
Actually, Lake of the Ozarks is still pretty average at the moment, and they normally hold off on any dam draining from Truman to Lake of the Ozarks this time of year, specifically to maintain a buffer on the Lake of the Ozarks after the spring rain hits and fills Truman. I was just down at Lake of the Ozarks last week. They can release a lot into Lake of the Ozarks to account for flooding at Truman and the Lake of the Ozarks can absorb a shit ton before disrupting much for those around the area.

LOTO might be at normal pool
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:06 PM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by bobbymitch:
I wouldn't say LOTO can absorb a shit ton, but quite a bit. Currently, whatever goes through Truman is being released out of Bagnell. And on a positive note, the level of the Osage River below the dam is going down.

But yes, the full flood pool of Truman is 740 and it's just several inches of achieving that. So it's not good. The Corps isn't planning on Truman getting close to normal levels until the end of summer. Also realize that both Stckton and Pomme de Terre are above normal levels.
They moved jubilee days from the harbor today thinking that area is to probably flood Thursday.

At least that's what i heard from a corps guy today.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:58 AM 06-04-2019
No, your brother failed to mention anything about that. Will have to check that out next time I'm up that way.

Yes unfortunately it is. Whatcha coming up for?
Help out my Aunt.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:11 AM 06-04-2019
Bucksaw Marina, Truman Lake...

Here are latest pics from yesterday at 739.23 and water still rising. Expected crest on June 4th barring any more rain, but of course Mother Nature says she’s sending more next week!!
We are taking this opportunity to work on capital projects. We have finished the exterior of the cabins and began work on the exterior of the lodge and completing an interior update inside the pool house. Unfortunately the pool is closed because water is in the basement of the pool house covering the equipment. Until the water recedes significantly to allow for needed repairs we will remain closed. This date is a moving target right now, but Corp of Engineers anticipates their own parks may be closed for the remainder of the summer months. Rest assured we will be doing everything in our power to reopen as fast as possible. We are still ferrying folks to their boats and Rv Park remains unaffected (except for lack of marina services). A few folks have been out on their kayaks successfully and cat fishing is a favorite right now. If you do get on the water please be careful of new debris. Looking forward to Re-Grand Opening!!

[Reply]
Bugeater 07:36 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Help out my Aunt.
You still got my number? Holler if you have time to come by for a beer or two and you can check out the new shack....
[Reply]
Jerm 08:57 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
Did it get into your water treatment plant yet?
There was a story the other day about how the treatment plant was being affected but wouldn't specify how or for how long...I would think it has to be.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:17 AM 06-04-2019
Water treatment plant in Lexington, MO is in danger. They have water in the basement. Last time it flooded Budweiser had to send several semis full of canned water in. Probably have to do the same again this week. It's bad there.
[Reply]
kc rush 10:53 AM 06-04-2019
Heading back up to NE next week. I might try 29 to 71 in St Joe through Maryville then stair step my way north and west until I hit Omaha. Not sure if it would be any better than taking 75 north from Topeka.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:59 AM 06-04-2019

They have been releasing around 40,000 cfs from Truman for about a week. According to the Corps of Engineers meeting they had at Truman the other day they release based on how big the MO River is at Hermann and one other location that I can't recall.

There is alot of flooding here in Clinton and we maybe soon losing houses.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:07 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
Heading back up to NE next week. I might try 29 to 71 in St Joe through Maryville then stair step my way north and west until I hit Omaha. Not sure if it would be any better than taking 75 north from Topeka.
I used 71 several times back in 2011, I'd do that instead of 75 for sure. 75 has been horrible both times I've been down it this spring

Be sure to stop and visit the Axe Murder house in Villisca
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:20 PM 06-04-2019
Please stay away
Yeah dont worry I wont be going to the poor side of town.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:21 PM 06-04-2019
Supposed to rain the next 5 days. Trip canceled.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up