ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2598 of 2690
« First < 1598209824982548258825942595259625972598 259926002601260226082648 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Mecca 12:13 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Don't disagree, but Pat, if he is the GOAT, needs to do his job first. As, I said before, I think he will, but we are running out of time.
Sometimes as the GOAT he should be a dick and let it be known if he doesn't think someone has it.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:17 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Sometimes as the GOAT he should be a dick and let it be known if he doesn't think someone has it.

Exactly. Tom Brady had JWat demoted to STs back in TB. AR jut stopped throwing to MVS.

But for some inexplicable reason Pat has to keep throwing to these to guys that only catch the ball 50% of the time and are responsible for a third of his INTs?

Pat's being too nice about their incompetence. He should've had them demoted/benched a while ago.
[Reply]
GoForIt 12:18 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Don't disagree, but Pat, if he is the GOAT, needs to do his job first. As, I said before, I think he will, but we are running out of time.
Agree.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:21 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Exactly. Tom Brady had JWat demoted to STs back in TB. AR jut stopped throwing to MVS.

But for some inexplicable reason Pat has to keep throwing to these to guys that only catch the ball 50% of the time and are responsible for a third of his INTs?

Pat's being too nice about their incompetence. He should've had them demoted/benched a while ago.
Yea it's weird to me how Pat is so very nice about some things that he shouldn't be.

If a WR can't run the route the way Pat wants it ran then he shouldn't be playing.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:23 PM 12-27-2023
This year reminds me a lot of Tom Brady's last year in NE. Both guys didn't have weapons and they got so pissed and then demoralized at the end of the season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:24 PM 12-27-2023
Yea it's weird to me how Pat is so very nice about some things that he shouldn't be.

If a WR can't run the route the way Pat wants it ran then he shouldn't be playing.

Eh, he probably wants to be positive, and supportive, etc. He's trying to be a great leader through positive reinforcement. He hasn't gotten to the point of being cutthroat about it yet.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:28 PM 12-27-2023
Eh, he probably wants to be positive, and supportive, etc. He's trying to be a great leader through positive reinforcement. He hasn't gotten to the point of being cutthroat about it yet.
Positive reinforcement isn't getting him anywhere with this group, what it's getting him is a group of guys who can't stop fucking up without any consequences for it.

We have a group of WR's that consist of

MVS-a dude who Mahomes has lost all faith in because he can't catch or run proper routes

Skyy Moore- a dude Mahomes never looks at because he doesn't run routes properly to get open

Kadarious Toney-who while talented has made so many mistakes he should have probably been cut for them

Justin Watson a WR 6 or PS guy that gets a ton of snaps and also does not run good crisp routes...I'm sensing a theme here.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:49 PM 12-27-2023

Problem is they apparently have no good options to replace those guys if they bench them.

I have serious doubts that the front office will ever find the right guys. The MVS signing is pretty solid evidence of their poor evaluation skills at the WR position. Rodgers was back to back MVP and he could not wait to get rid of MVS last year. KC gladly signed him to a pretty expensive deal above $10M per year. And then we can look at Toney. The Giants could not wait to get rid of the guy and KC's front office was happy to get him. A first round pick and the Giants were desperate to get rid of the dude after a very short time period. Massive red flags right there.

And now let's throw in the draft picks of Skyy Moore & Mecole Hardman. There are plenty of legit, highly competent receivers around the league who were drafted later than these guys. The front office is missing something in their evaluation. Why is there not heavier emphasis on finding guys that run proper routes and catch the damn ball? These are basic fundamentals and pretty much nobody in the receiver group is capable of those two things on a consistent basis.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:51 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Problem is they apparently have no good options to replace those guys if they bench them.

I have serious doubts that the front office will ever find the right guys. The MVS signing is pretty solid evidence of their poor evaluation skills at the WR position. Rodgers was back to back MVP and he could not wait to get rid of MVS last year. KC gladly signed him to a pretty expensive deal above $10M per year. And then we can look at Toney. The Giants could not wait to get rid of the guy and KC's front office was happy to get him. A first round pick and the Giants were desperate to get rid of the dude after a very short time period. Massive red flags right there.

And now let's throw in the draft picks of Skyy Moore & Mecole Hardman. There are plenty of legit, highly competent receivers around the league who were drafted later than these guys. The front office is missing something in their evaluation. Why is there not heavier emphasis on finding guys that run proper routes and catch the damn ball? These are basic fundamentals and pretty much nobody in the receiver group is capable of those two things on a consistent basis.
It's lack of investment, 2 2's and a mid range FA signing are not how you address a position.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:57 PM 12-27-2023
It's lack of investment, 2 2's and a mid range FA signing are not how you address a position.
Nah, I think it's poor evaluation. Other teams around the league are finding dudes later in the draft that are way more competent in route-running & catching the ball than the likes of Skyy Moore & Mecole Hardman. And it should not take a rocket scientist to see the red flags on MVS when Green Bay wasn't exactly desperate to keep him. The red flags on Toney were glaringly obvious too.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:00 PM 12-27-2023
Maybe... but if you are going to do that, you need to be doing your job well, this last game would not be the game to plant that flag. After this game, someone probably needs to be a dick to Pat and reinforce his mistakes. As some have said, maybe that was Bienemy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:03 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:

yeah, I know. Though i don't know if it could be any worse if they did bench them. But I get it; if not them, then who? Because the cupboard's pretty damn bare.

But they should be benched. If w could bench them.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:06 PM 12-27-2023
The defense had to be addressed in 2022. Frank Clark, Matheiu, Sorenson, Hitchens, Okafor. All that trash had to be sent to scrap.

Veach tried trading up this last Spring for a WR but was told no. FA was terrible for WR and a big part of it was Hopkins and OBJ taking forever to decide, so Taylor wasn't a bad investment when he was signed based on his history. This year seems to be a complete outlier for him.

This Spring is gonna be about getting the Matheiu's and Sorenson's of the offense out aka MVS and Skyy.

They did a good job adding young talent in Pacheco and Rice but they need to add more talent. Do we really think Veach won't do that this coming off-season?
[Reply]
Mecca 01:08 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The defense had to be addressed in 2022. Frank Clark, Matheiu, Sorenson, Hitchens, Okafor. All that trash had to be sent to scrap.

Veach tried trading up this last Spring for a WR but was told no. FA was terrible for WR and a big part of it was Hopkins and OBJ taking forever to decide, so Taylor wasn't a bad investment when he was signed based on his history. This year seems to be a complete outlier for him.

This Spring is gonna be about getting the Matheiu's and Sorenson's of the offense out aka MVS and Skyy.

They did a good job adding young talent in Pacheco and Rice but they need to add more talent. Do we really think Veach won't do that this coming off-season?
They overcorrected on defense, they have 3 LB's taken in the first 3 rounds and a FA signing...
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:09 PM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:

He'll certainly try. He's also going to have to work to avoid losing so many guys on defense that the D regresses.
[Reply]
Page 2598 of 2690
« First < 1598209824982548258825942595259625972598 259926002601260226082648 > Last »
Up