ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1648 of 2690
« First < 648114815481598163816441645164616471648 164916501651165216581698174821482648 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 07:03 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It looks like this was an easy TD in the making but the only way it’s actually a long TD is with Mahomes throwing it so hard and still so long without any air under the ball. The completion was there but the DBs could have caught up to the catch point if the ball was thrown with a more normal human like trajectory.
Yeah, I said that while watching it.

Fucking 40+ yards on a rope. It got there FAST.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:04 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
When it’s all said and done will Reid have more of a legacy in Philly or in KC?
KC. Because of Mahomes, he will have his legendary status. He was good in Philly, he will be remembered as great in KC. Mahomes.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:07 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by jjjayb:
What was he on for? I'm assuming the first one would be the missed no look pass to Kelce. What was the 2nd one?

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:09 PM 09-24-2019
"it wasn't pretty"

says the QB after a 500-yard game from the offense

:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:24 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
KC. Because of Mahomes, he will have his legendary status. He was good in Philly, he will be remembered as great in KC. Mahomes.
^this^ Reid has never had a franchise QB, no McNabb wasn't...
[Reply]
DRM08 07:30 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
^this^ Reid has never had a franchise QB, no McNabb wasn't...
McNabb was a franchise QB. So are guys like Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford. But none of them are 1st ballot Hall of Fame type of guys.
[Reply]
O.city 07:32 PM 09-24-2019
That hardman td was a piss missile

Holy hell

And Mahomes is so accurate on those swing passes. It gives guys a chance to really get upfield with momentum
[Reply]
xztop123 07:35 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
That safety was slow to rotate. The timing of the throw is the most difficult part of this play.

I wonder if that was earl or thornhill if they’d have made a play on it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:37 PM 09-24-2019
Where is PAChiefsfan at? Dude was the biggest Alex Smith dick rider on here
I went to the game in Pittsburgh last season with him. He admitted that very moment that he was in the wrong and that Mahomes was the Truth. He saw the light a fair while ago.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 09-24-2019
When it’s all said and done will Reid have more of a legacy in Philly or in KC?
Honestly I think his legacy will be seen as the HC of Kansas City, so long as he stays for at least another 5-7 years, or gets a Super Bowl win, whichever comes first.

And that's in spite of his long record of success in Philly. Because of one Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

And I completely believe that Mahomes and the Chiefs is going to win a Super Bowl in the next two years. I believe it so much that I've already bet on it.

However, even if Mahomes and Reid never win a championship, it's going to be the relationship between the two that will will far outshine and outlast anything Reid accomplished in Philly. And I'll tell you why (I'm sure you're all waiting with 'bated breath).

First, and let's just all be completely honest about it; Pat Mahomes is a once-in-a-century talent. He's football's version of Michael Jordan. Baseball's Mike Trout. Hockey's Wayne Gretzky. He is a singularity. He's the One. He is NEO.

And it's a little strange to even write that last paragraph because I began the 2018 season as a non-believer. That's right; I was among the doubters. I didn't believe that a kid that played at Texas Tech in that crazy air raid system, with his ridiculously ridiculous footwork, and the completely unorthodox throwing platforms, could ever become a NFL quarterback.

And I wasn't a convert after the first game when he defeated the Chargers going 15-for-27 for 256 yds and 4 TDs.

I wasn't convinced after he thoroughly dismantled the Steelers in week 2 throwing 28 times for 23 catches and 326 yds AND 6 TDs. No brothers and sisters, I still wasn't persuaded.

I wasn't swayed by his heroics against the Niners.

Not even assured when He went into Denver on Monday Night, faltered in the first half, and then put together that righteous second half performance to snatch victory from the hated Broncos. No, my friends.

My soul wasn't saved from the decades of heartbreak by Chiefs' teams that were always "not good enough," until that night in Foxborough October 14th 2018, when a 23-year old Patrick Lavon Mahomes went into the lions' den, and was beaten down by the Dark Lord and his minions in the first half to the tune of 24 to 9.

I sat there as the halftime show began staring at the floor, and a unique feeling came over me. Instead of bleak despondency, I felt something new and different.

That feeling was Faith in the Power of Mahomes, people. I just knew that He wouldn't fall, like every other quarterback we'd offered up to the football Gods. He was going to be different.

And He came forth and played like an Unfettered Being of Light! Mahomes picked up our team like no QB since Joe Montana when he talked Marty into going for it on 4th down, Brothers and Sisters, and took the lead from the Patriots by scoring 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

And our heretofore hapless defense rose up and somehow answered the call and only allowed a field goal in return.

And then in the 4th the Sith took the lead back with a TD. And Mahomes answered with a TD. And another, my fellow believers.

It was the most incredible performance I'd ever seen on a gridiron. By a 23-year old. Against the NFL's version of Thanos and his demons.

And then I knew. Our Chiefs lost, yes, but just like Rocky losing to Apollo in the first movie, I knew that we had our arch-angel at last. Patrick Mahomes, in his first trip to New England, in his first real season, and Andy Reid out-played and out-smarted and out-scored Bill Belichick and Tom Edward Patrick Brady in a half, in their house, on Sunday night. Can I get an "A-MEN!"

And that's when it happened, people. I knew right then, in spite of that fact that the Chiefs lost that game, that the score that night was ultimately immaterial.

Patrick Mahomes II is beyond Bill and Tom. He was that night. His eventual power over them is a certainty. Mahomes has become Thanos. We are just waiting to see exactly how it comes to pass, my friends.

And Andrew Reid is the architect of that soon-to-be redemption. It's like he's King Arthur and he's found Excalibur. And together they will be unstoppable.

They will slay many dragons, have no fear. And they will be remembered as the greatest Head Coach-Quarterback combination in the history of the NFL.

So endeth the lesson.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:39 PM 09-24-2019
How's that for cornball?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07:42 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by WhiteWhale:
Skip thought Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow were future stars.

His blessing is the kiss of death. Poor Baker Mayfield and Kyler Midget.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Honestly I think his legacy will be seen as the HC of Kansas City, so long as he stays for at least another 5-7 years, or gets a Super Bowl win, whichever comes first.

And that's in spite of his long record of success in Philly. Because of one Patrick Lavon Mahomes II.

And I completely believe that Mahomes and the Chiefs is going to win a Super Bowl in the next two years. I believe it so much that I've already bet on it.

However, even if Mahomes and Reid never win a championship, it's going to be the relationship between the two that will will far outshine and outlast anything Reid accomplished in Philly. And I'll tell you why (I'm sure you're all waiting with 'bated breath).

First, and let's just all be completely honest about it; Pat Mahomes is a once-in-a-century talent. He's football's version of Michael Jordan. Baseball's Mike Trout. Hockey's Wayne Gretzky. He is a singularity. He's the One. He is NEO.

And it's a little strange to even write that last paragraph because I began the 2018 season as a non-believer. That's right; I was among the doubters. I didn't believe that a kid that played at Texas Tech in that crazy air raid system, with his ridiculously ridiculous footwork, and the completely unorthodox throwing platforms, could ever become a NFL quarterback.

And I wasn't a convert after the first game when he defeated the Chargers going 15-for-27 for 256 yds and 4 TDs.

I wasn't convinced after he thoroughly dismantled the Steelers in week 2 throwing 28 times for 23 catches and 326 yds AND 6 TDs. No brothers and sisters, I still wasn't persuaded.

Not even assured when He went into Denver on Monday Night, faltered in the first half, and then put together that righteous second half performance to snatch victory from the hated Broncos. No, my friends.

My soul wasn't saved from the decades of heartbreak by Chiefs' teams that were always "not good enough," until that night in Foxborough October 14th 2018, when a 23-year old Patrick Lavon Mahomes went into the lions' den, and was beaten down by the Dark Lord and his minions in the first half to the tune of 24 to 9.

I sat there as the halftime show began staring at the floor, and a unique feeling came over me. Instead of bleak despondency, I felt something new and different.

That feeling was Faith in the Power of Mahomes, people. I just knew that He wouldn't fall, like every other quarterback we'd offered up to the football Gods. He was going to be different.

And He came forth and played like an fettered Being of Light! Mahomes picked up our team like no QB since Joe Montana when he talked Marty into going for it on 4th down, Brothers and Sisters, and took the lead from the Patriots by scoring 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

And our heretofore hapless defense roe up and somehow answered the call and only allowed a field goal in return.

And then in the 4th the Sith took the lead back with a TD. And Mahomes answered with a TD. And another, my fellow believers.

It was the most incredible performance I'd ever seen in a gridiron. By a 23-year old. Against the NFL's version of Thanos and his demons.

And then I knew. Our Chiefs lost, yes, but just like Rocky losing to Apollo in the first movie, I knew that we had our arch-angel at last. Patrick Mahomes, in his first trip to New England, in his first real season, and Andy Reid out-played and out-smarted and out-scored Bill Belichick and Tom Edward Patrick Brady in a half, in their house, on Sunday night. Can I get an "A-MEN!"

And that's when it happened, people. I knew right then, in spite of that fact that the Chiefs lsot that game, that the score that night was ultimately immaterial.

Patrick Mahomes II is beyond Bill and Tom. He was that night. His eventual power over them is a certainty. Mahomes has become Thanos. We are just waiting to see exactly how it comes to pass, my friends.

And Andrew Reid is the architect of that soon-to-be redemption. It's like he's King Arthur and he's found Excalibur. And together they will be unstoppable.

They will slay many dragons, have no fear. And they will be remembered as the greatest Head Coach-Quarterback combination in the history of the NFL.

So endeth the lesson.
INCREDIBLE!! PULITZER PRIZE WORTHY!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:45 PM 09-24-2019
INCREDIBLE!! PULITZER PRIZE WORTHY!!
Hahaha, thanks. Not too bad for ten minutes of pretending I was Sam Kinnison.
[Reply]
DRM08 07:53 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:

And He came forth and played like an fettered Being of Light! Mahomes picked up our team like no QB since Joe Montana when he talked Marty into going for it on 4th down, Brothers and Sisters, and took the lead from the Patriots by scoring 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

And our heretofore hapless defense roe up and somehow answered the call and only allowed a field goal in return.

It was the most incredible performance I'd ever seen in a gridiron. By a 23-year old. Against the NFL's version of Thanos and his demons.

And that's when it happened, people. I knew right then, in spite of that fact that the Chiefs lsot that game, that the score that night was ultimately immaterial.

So endeth the lesson.
If anyone wonders why Belichick took the risk on Antonio Brown, it's because of both games with Mahomes last year. 30+ points in the second half of each game, including 24 points in the 4th quarter with extremely cold weather during the AFC title game. Belichick wanted Antonio to be an insurance policy against a shootout scenario with Mahomes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:58 PM 09-24-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If anyone wonders why Belichick took the risk on Antonio Brown, it's because of both games with Mahomes last year. 30+ points in the second half of each game, including 24 points in the 4th quarter with extremely cold weather during the AFC title game. Belichick wanted Antonio to be an insurance policy against a shootout scenario with Mahomes.
This.

BB is going to pull some crazy shit against the Chiefs this year.

I fully expect an onside kick and at least one fake punt.

Reid better be ready. I will not have tricks dethroning the The KwiPatz Mahomeserach.

[Reply]
Page 1648 of 2690
« First < 648114815481598163816441645164616471648 164916501651165216581698174821482648 > Last »
Up