ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan.
Simply Red 01:57 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Red, it may take a couple of days for the insomnia and anxiety to go away. You can try a natural sleep supplement, like Melatonin, and see if that helps.

The best thing is waking up in the morning with a clear head and not feeling like shit...and for me, not having the runs. :-)
Yeah - anxiety is mostly gone - or at least hasn't surfaced today, yet. I literally didn't sleep last night though.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:27 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Red, it may take a couple of days for the insomnia and anxiety to go away. You can try a natural sleep supplement, like Melatonin, and see if that helps.

The best thing is waking up in the morning with a clear head and not feeling like shit...and for me, not having the runs. :-)
I wouldn't take the Melatonin too often or in a prolonged manner but only temporarily. It's a hormone. If he's older like late 50's or 60's they lose some of it and need it.

I'm not saying it's addictive but it does have some side effects like making depression worse. You can't operate machinery or drive for 4 or 5 hours after taking it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...-940/melatonin

Some other guidelines for using. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/heal...p-does-it-work

I use it for specific times like—to adjust my sleep-wake cycle when flying, a special schedule where I have to get up earlier than usual for adjusting to a time zone.
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 02:16 PM 08-21-2019
Have any unopened bourbon I can buy from ya?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:09 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas:
Have any unopened bourbon I can buy from ya?
Back the fuck off, that's my line!!!!
[Reply]
Johnny Vegas 09:33 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Back the fuck off, that's my line!!!!
:-) thought of you typing that. Surprised I beat you to it
[Reply]
lewdog 09:09 PM 08-21-2019
I know you were into working out for a while. For many with addictive personalities, this can be a lifelong healthy choice.

Once you start seeing positive changes in your body, along with the endorphin rush of working out, it's a positive change for your entire life and CAN replace some of those feelings/cravings you get for booze.

I've seen many a drug addict or alcoholic replace substance with exercise. It's not all you'll have to do, but it's a good place to start along with counseling and/or classes.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:18 AM 08-25-2019
I know you were into working out for a while. For many with addictive personalities, this can be a lifelong healthy choice.

Once you start seeing positive changes in your body, along with the endorphin rush of working out, it's a positive change for your entire life and CAN replace some of those feelings/cravings you get for booze.

I've seen many a drug addict or alcoholic replace substance with exercise. It's not all you'll have to do, but it's a good place to start along with counseling and/or classes.
This is what happened to me the last six months.

not only booze , but coffee, soda, etc.

I'm just eating healthier overall, just no cravings for crap food.

I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:27 AM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
This is what happened to me the last six months.

not only booze , but coffee, soda, etc.

I'm just eating healthier overall, just no cravings for crap food.

I'm 57 and in the best shape of my life.
Hit me up if you need workout ideas. I used to personal train and have my BS in Health and Human Performance.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:34 AM 08-25-2019
Hit me up if you need workout ideas. I used to personal train and have my BS in Health and Human Performance.
Thanks ..I am doing ok so far
Attached: IMG_20190819_205748944~2.jpg (79.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Otter 09:40 AM 08-25-2019
Thanks ..I am doing ok so far ...temp pic
You're looking like a rock star!
[Reply]
scho63 11:33 AM 08-25-2019
I think it's YOU who needs to give Lewdog the pointers and training help. He's looking flabby and soft these days! :-)

I think being a Daddy has given him a Dad body. :-)

Great job on the fitness.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:16 PM 08-25-2019
so... you completely cut out boulevard wheat?! Now that's fucking courage.
:-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 12:01 PM 11-04-2019
Got any good ideas for a workout for someone who is Type 2 diabetic? Normal workouts I have found play with the balance in my system....sometimes I will over do it.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:31 AM 08-25-2019
It's like smoking, it goes hand-in-hand with talking on the phone, driving a car, drinking a beer. When I finally quit smoking, chain smoker for 35 years, in 2006 my taste for drinking went away as well. Now I'll have a draft beer or two once a week, or mainly Sangria out of box once a week. I usually play music, concert videos to be exact, on Friday nights and that's when I have a drink. With a 75" TV and killer surround it's better than being at a real show. Otherwise, the other six days a week I don't even think about a drink. Big difference from when I was in my 30's and 40's.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 09:42 AM 08-23-2019
How're you doing SR?
[Reply]
Page 10 of 26
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up