ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 298
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Bob Sutton
petegz28 10:12 PM 10-19-2017
That is all.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:31 PM 10-30-2018
Now that the trade deadline is behind us, the only real thing that can be done to improve the defense immediately is fire Sutton.

It's time folks.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 04:34 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Now that the trade deadline is behind us, the only real thing that can be done to improve the defense immediately is fire Sutton.

It's time folks.
Not gonna happen.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:36 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by JohnDONsey:
Not gonna happen.
Oh I know it won't but that doesn't prevent us from keeping the fire burning...
[Reply]
TEX 04:49 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
No reason to continue being pissed. It is what it is.

I personally think the defense is going to improve to “good enough”.
I dont. I think they'll face a team in the playoffs where they'll need a defense, and they wont have one.
[Reply]
suzzer99 07:51 PM 10-30-2018
The defense looked good against Bortles and against Dalton on an off night. It looked fairly crappy against Keenum, Rivers and Garappolo/Beathard.

It looked like absolute dogshit against Brady and Big Rape - which is the kind of QB we're going to have to beat in the playoffs. It will be like the no-punt game all over again. Hopefully we can get the ball last.

Like at least against Keenum you feel like we have a chance if say he gets the ball with 3 minutes left needing to go 80 yards for a TD. What's our chance vs. Brady or Big Ben in that spot? 10%?
[Reply]
Mecca 07:55 PM 10-30-2018
They look competent here but on the road not so much.

Also if Hitchens misses games that's gonna hurt cause O'Daniel playing in the base against the run is gonna be an issue.
[Reply]
-King- 08:16 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So why the refusal to pull Parker off the field? Maybe that's why Veach initially cut him cause Bob won't take him off the field even if he's awful.
Who else can play single high? It seems our roster has a whole bunch of strong safeties but no free safeties which is what we need right now. Berry can do both but he's "day to day" so I don't know what other option we have. We tried Murray there in preseason and he was so bad, we had to re-sign Parker. So it's not like Sutton has many alternatives until Berry comes back.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:18 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
Who else can play single high? It seems our roster has a whole bunch of strong safeties but no free safeties which is what we need right now. Berry can do both but he's "day to day" so I don't know what other option we have. We tried Murray there in preseason and he was so bad, we had to re-sign Parker. So it's not like Sutton has many alternatives until Berry comes back.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:47 PM 10-30-2018
Still can’t stop the run either.

Sutton’s defense is pure crap.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

You have to at least ask how he managed to field a top 5 defense not once but TWICE in back to back years if his defense is "pure crap". The run from 2013-2016 is the best 4-year run since the team left the AFL. That doesn't just happen by accident.

There's more to this problem than just Sutton.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You have to at least ask how he managed to field a top 5 defense not once but TWICE in back to back years if his defense is "pure crap". The run from 2013-2016 is the best 4-year run since the team left the AFL. That doesn't just happen by accident.

There's more to this problem than just Sutton.
Talent, he's fine if he has the players to run the scheme he just isn't very good at masking holes, and apparently the GM's we've had don't understand that without a dominant NT and some top of the line safety play this D sucks balls.
[Reply]
-King- 09:10 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I don't care about that really. As long as we can stop the pass, we're good. Our offense makes it so teams have to abandon their run games.

And Sutton's defense is what's stopping players from tackling?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by -King-:
I don't care about that really. As long as we can stop the pass, we're good. Our offense makes it so teams have to abandon their run games.

And Sutton's defense is what's stopping players from tackling?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup.

This team does not give a shit about giving up some runs because it does nothing but run the clock. Sutton has always had the same philosophy as the Patriots...he doesn’t care if you are moving the ball between the 20’s as long as we play good red zone defense.

Once again Sutton has been put in a terrible situation. 2 starting safeties have not played and Houston is missing time so a rookie has had to play.

We are still 2nd in sacks, 3rd in 3rd down defense and have given up 25.5 PPG on the season and 23 PPG in the last 6.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 PM 10-30-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yup.

This team does not give a shit about giving up some runs because it does nothing but run the clock. Sutton has always had the same philosophy as the Patriots...he doesn’t care if you are moving the ball between the 20’s as long as we play good red zone defense.

Once again Sutton has been put in a terrible situation. 2 starting safeties have not played and Houston is missing time so a rookie has had to play.

We are still 2nd in sacks, 3rd in 3rd down defense and have given up 25.5 PPG on the season and 23 PPG in the last 6.
They’ve also given up 38 plays of 20 or more yards. You can’t just ignore that kind of stuff because it doesn’t fit your narrative.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:55 PM 10-30-2018
Eric Murray played 52 snaps.

Jordan Lucas played 24 snaps.

This is still mind bottling. What the fuck does this old geezer see in Murray to give him more than twice the snaps of Lucas.
[Reply]
Page 131 of 298
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181231 > Last »
Up