ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft
RunKC 08:50 AM 04-03-2020
Saw some news today I thought I’d share.

From Matt Miller’s article this morning:

Originally Posted by :
KANSAS CITY: The word on the scouting streets is that general manager Brett Veach wants to add more premium targets for Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, but don't rule out a trade back from No. 32 overall. Many sources around the league believe the Chiefs could move out of the first and pick up valuable Day 2 selections to pick up starter-level players at cornerback and running back.
From Nate Taylor (yes the athletic is free right now):

Originally Posted by :

In the past couple of weeks, after coaches, team personnel and players were encouraged to work from home, Reid, 62, has enjoyed learning the videoconference technology from companies such as Zoom and Webex. He, along with Veach, have interviewed some draft prospects via Webex. Coaches meetings have taken place on Zoom.

Reid knows it’s possible the Chiefs could make their draft selections with everyone at their respective homes. Teams were informed by the league Thursday that coaches, executives and scouts might be allowed to return to their facility for the draft with only 10 people in each room and everyone distanced at least 6 feet apart. The New Orleans Saints have planned to hold their war room at a brewery. Reid said the Chiefs are considering having their war room at a local hotel with certain people in different rooms.

“We haven’t put our finger down on one thing as of yet,” Reid said. “We’re approaching it like we’re having a season. At the same time, we’re very sensitive to everything going on.”

Reid agreed with the league’s decision to not postpone the draft. Beyond interviewing prospects via Webex, Reid is confident that Veach and the team’s scouting department can properly evaluate the talent in this year’s draft class. And when asked whether the draft could uplift fans’ emotions during the pandemic, Reid believed one of the league’s biggest annual events can be a welcome distraction.
The hotel idea sounds great.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:09 AM 04-07-2020
LB
CB
RB
IOL
BPA
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:15 AM 04-07-2020
According to Matt Miller a few months ago sources inside the Chiefs listed all of the following as needs for the draft.

Kansas City Chiefs — The Chiefs have a sneaky number of needs to address in the 2020 offseason. Interior offensive line, another wide receiver, cornerback and middle linebacker all come up when talking to team sources. Also, don't rule out a running back and second tight end if one falls.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-insider-buzz
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:17 AM 04-07-2020
Belichick is trading a seventh for the #1 overall draft pick lol

#Ravens' HC John Harbaugh says he's concerned with hacking during virtual draft https://t.co/KehCApK8aZ

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 7, 2020

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:18 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
According to Matt Miller a few months ago sources inside the Chiefs listed all of the following as needs for the draft.

Kansas City Chiefs — The Chiefs have a sneaky number of needs to address in the 2020 offseason. Interior offensive line, another wide receiver, cornerback and middle linebacker all come up when talking to team sources. Also, don't rule out a running back and second tight end if one falls.

This was week ago. We signed seals Jones and Watkins and D Rob. Yes we do need another WR but I’d look towards rounds 2 and 3 for that. We need a CB and a LB as the biggest needs
[Reply]
TRR 10:19 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

I would hate to see what other, not so fortunate teams, list as their draft needs LOL!
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:21 AM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This was week ago. We signed seals Jones and Watkins and D Rob. Yes we do need another WR but I’d look towards rounds 2 and 3 for that. We need a CB and a LB as the biggest needs
The date of the article is January so the needs listed are prior to FA.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:58 PM 04-07-2020
And despite all of that, if one of:

Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Lamb

Were to fall to 32, it would be awfully hard for KC to pass up that type of talent.

I don't see any way Jeudy falls (nor really Lamb or Ruggs) but Jefferson or Higgins could be there.

That's talent so good - and so much better than they're likely to be in position to draft themselves for years yet - you can't pass it up, IMO.

Plus, Watkins and Robinson are one-year solutions at this point.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:10 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And despite all of that, if one of:

Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Lamb

Were to fall to 32, it would be awfully hard for KC to pass up that type of talent.

I don't see any way Jeudy falls (nor really Lamb or Ruggs) but Jefferson or Higgins could be there.

That's talent so good - and so much better than they're likely to be in position to draft themselves for years yet - you can't pass it up, IMO.

Plus, Watkins and Robinson are one-year solutions at this point.
I would absolutely love Higgins. He needs some work on his routes but dude is a stud
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:22 PM 04-07-2020
Do you think we can get him in the late 2nd or high 3rd.... Because this is who I want to pair with Mahomes for next 5 years.

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:23 PM 04-07-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Do you think we can get him in the late 2nd or high 3rd.... Because this is who I want to pair with Mahomes for next 5 years.

He’s projected late first early second
[Reply]
JakeF 01:27 PM 04-07-2020
Chiefs need to draft well because we aren't any better than we were last year.

QB - still a beast
WRs - same
Oline - worse, Wisniewski to Remmers. Is Remmer going to be a swing OT or LG? I don't want Wylie to start at LG anymore. I think we got worse.
TEs - same (jones is a better receiver but can't run block, pass block is ok)
RBs - same

DL - worse, loss of Ogbah
LBs - worse, loss of Lee, Ragland
CBs - worse, loss of Fuller, Breeland
Safeties - same if Thornhill comes back from injury

A whole lot of "pending" worse for a super bowl team. We better have a damn good draft. We need players than can produce in their 1st year.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 01:29 PM 04-07-2020

The more I watch and the more I read I want Dobbins in the first or Akers in the second. Akers is such a fluid athlete and catches the ball out of the backfield effortlessly. Our offense would be ridiculous.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:35 PM 04-07-2020
Losing Wiz, but Rankin was rock solid in the time he saw last year with above average pass pro. Think we’ll take an OL in the mid rds for depth.

As much as some of you won’t like it, they’ll surely be thinking if Speaks as an Ogbah replacement. He’s not popular but he did show flashes playing as a freaking 280 lb LB (thanks Sutton). They’ll probably add another DE too but before we write Speaks off, remember Kpass being in a similar situation.

I think LB and corner are sure bets in this draft with some kind of weapon taken in the first 3 picks. Just not sure if that weapon taken early will be a WR or RB.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:36 PM 04-07-2020
He’s projected late first early second
I think having this kid for between the 20's and Williams for 3rd down's etc could really help Mahomes.

I'm not sold on our offensive line, and having a great rushing attack will allow him more time in the pocket. It will also give us more favorable looks in passing game.

Not that we need any XD
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:54 PM 04-07-2020
I think having this kid for between the 20's and Williams for 3rd down's etc could really help Mahomes.

I'm not sold on our offensive line, and having a great rushing attack will allow him more time in the pocket. It will also give us more favorable looks in passing game.

Not that we need any XD
We just won the super bowl with our current O Line and RB against the best defense in the league. However we just lost a starting LB and CB. I think those are the first two needs
[Reply]
Page 14 of 15
« First < 41011121314 15 >
Up