ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 324
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:24 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Also gotta think contract
That was the same with Cooper too tho. Ideally we franchise him and trade him for someone like Landon Collins who is familiar with spag and will also be franchised and need a contract. That would help offset some of that concern.
[Reply]
YontsRBake 07:25 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
:-):-):-):-)
Well here's to another 4 years of a crap defense. His record as a DC is terrible. The last 6 years he had only one very good year. As a head coach, he was worse.
Let’s not forget this is the guy who held the greatest offense in history to 14 points to win the SB. Saints had a terrible roster on defense in 2012 due to cap wrapped up in old players and players retiring. He inherited a bad defense in NY in 2015 and turned them around in 2016 and 2017.

Our defensive roster is more talented than people give them credit for, an aggressive DC like Spags is gonna do great imo.

Let’s not also forget we only need the defense to be like 18th or better as a compliment to our offense, I believe he can do that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:25 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Actually I disagree entirely.

There's no place to go but up.

Instituting the 4-3 might turn Hitchens into a dramatically more effective player, and Chris Jones is going to WRECK SHIT at 3-tech.
I do agree there’s no where to go but up.

And I think we will go up.

Eventually.

Certainly not in the first year, as half our defense figures out how to do something else entirely.
[Reply]
gblowfish 07:27 PM 01-24-2019
So did Grandpa Bob end up in Tallgrass Creek, or John Knox Village? Does he get to have pudding? Grandpa Bob loves his pudding. Almost as much as he loves his game plan. He'll never lose his love for pudding, or sticking with his game plan. Next week, he's gonna game plan for the Rams and won't stop until he makes in his drawers. Idle hands are the Devil's playthings...
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 07:28 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by cwhocares:
:-):-):-):-)
Well here's to another 4 years of a crap defense. His record as a DC is terrible. The last 6 years he had only one very good year. As a head coach, he was worse.
Good coordinators often make terrible head coaches. See Wade Phillips. 2 of his 3 bad years in those 6 years are easily explained. Bountygate 1 year. McAdoo fiasco (leading to mid-season firing) the second one.

We'd be foolish not to be worried about it. But his last 4 years of DC coaching have been absolutely cursed with bad luck that had nothing to do with him.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:28 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Eventually.

Certainly not in the first year, as half our defense figures out how to do something else entirely.
Our defense was already trying to figure out what Sutton wanted to accomplish besides giving up points. With spag it’ll just playing football rather than read and react bs like this year. No more two gapping every play
[Reply]
stevieray 07:28 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Fair point.

So if Spagnuolo was just a little better than Sutton. Just better enough to have a disciplined defense. A defense that doesn't make stupid penalties and we're in the super bowl.
A defense that can get off the field on third down.
[Reply]
JakeF 07:29 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Did you watch the games? If so you saw him talking to mahomes on the bench while the defense was on the field. Also had a first year coordinator he was coaching up. Just to clue you in, Reid has always let the DC do his own thing so he can worry about the offense. I’d say it worked out pretty ****ing well besides ford lining up offsides.
That's my point, he was talking to Mahomes instead of watching the defense play and maybe picking something up to help Sutton adjust.

I just find it hard to believe that Andy ignores the defense any time I've seen him but all the while he telling Veach to pick players up that fit a 4-3 scheme? Sacrificing this year for next year? I doubt that.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:29 PM 01-24-2019

Eventually.

You really think these players haven't played other defenses? C'mon, man. It's not a defense full of rookies.

They will be better than 31st.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:30 PM 01-24-2019

Eventually.

Is a 4-3 under REALLY that different?
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 07:31 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That's my point, he was talking to Mahomes instead of watching the defense play and maybe picking something up to help Sutton adjust.

I just find it hard to believe that Andy ignores the defense any time I've seen him but all the while he telling Veach to pick players up that fit a 4-3 scheme? Sacrificing this year for next year? I doubt that.
Wouldn’t a good HC play to his strengths? Reid should’ve fired Sutton after the terrible colts playoff loss. He waited too long and ya that was dumb, but coaching up your future qb who will now win the MVP was a lot more efficient than wasting time trying to figure out wtf Sutton is doing.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:33 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Our defense was already trying to figure out what Sutton wanted to accomplish besides giving up points. With spag it’ll just playing football rather than read and react bs like this year. No more two gapping every play
TWO GAPPING CAN WORK.

I’m not a two-gap stan but the Ravens has the best D this year.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:34 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Is a 4-3 under REALLY that different?
Am I the only one that remembers the transition from 2008 to 2009?

The front seven had to be completely re-done.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:35 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You really think these players haven't played other defenses? C'mon, man. It's not a defense full of rookies.

They will be better than 31st.
It literally has three rookies that will likely be starting, four if you include Speaks.

So.........
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:36 PM 01-24-2019
Sigh. Welp because chiefs.

Always the whore bridesmaid, never the bride.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 324
« First < 142021222324 252627283474124 > Last »
Up