ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 187 of 301
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
Bufkin 04:01 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Never seen anything like that before. Trever disrespected his teammates and manager. He looked pretty embarrassed in the dugout as he should.
Jeremy Guthrie did the same thing a few years ago
[Reply]
siberian khatru 04:15 PM 07-28-2019
Marcus Stroman to the Mets. WTF?

At least it’s not the Yankees.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:31 PM 07-28-2019
Great piece over at Www.royalsacademy.com about Brett Phillips adjustment (he switched to an axe handle bat).

Worth checking out.
[Reply]
tk13 04:36 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Marcus Stroman to the Mets. WTF?

At least it’s not the Yankees.
Guess we'll see what the package is, but is this the Jays and Mets just teaming up to make sure he doesn't go to the Yankees?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:02 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by tk13:
Guess we'll see what the package is, but is this the Jays and Mets just teaming up to make sure he doesn't go to the Yankees?
ESPN Radio said it's the Mets trying to compete in 2020.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:19 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Great piece over at Www.royalsacademy.com about Brett Phillips adjustment (he switched to an axe handle bat).

Worth checking out.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:57 PM 07-28-2019
My dad took me to the game, he’s almost 80, wanted Gates for lunch. I asked him if he wanted something healthier. He said “No” then hung up on me.
[Reply]
srvy 06:05 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bufkin:
Jeremy Guthrie did the same thing a few years ago
Did not know that. I dont believe Guthrie had the arm to throw it that far.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 06:24 PM 07-28-2019
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
My dad took me to the game, he’s almost 80, wanted Gates for lunch. I asked him if he wanted something healthier. He said “No” then hung up on me.
Sounds like you are a chip off the old block. :-)
[Reply]
tk13 09:01 PM 07-28-2019
Be interesting to see how the next few days go. We've all talked about how the trade market has completely tanked, but now the Padres don't even want to give up a top 100 prospect for Syndergaard, who isn't even a rental. He's got multiple years left on his contract.

As #Mets and #Padres continue discussing Noah Syndergaard, source says it’s clear San Diego will not include MacKenzie Gore in the trade — especially after the Stroman deal did not include a top 100 prospect per @MLBPipeline. @MLBNetwork @MLB

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 29, 2019

[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:26 PM 07-28-2019
This has to bottom out at some point, doesn't it? Eventually contending teams are going to see that a number of their prospects aren't developing and they need to make significant trades to contend. Or is that wishful thinking?
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:29 PM 07-28-2019
Be interesting to see how the next few days go. We've all talked about how the trade market has completely tanked, but now the Padres don't even want to give up a top 100 prospect for Syndergaard, who isn't even a rental. He's got multiple years left on his contract.

Exactly why these trade for whatever you can get takes are utterly retarded.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:32 PM 07-28-2019

It feels like such a Mets move to unintentionally tank the value of the asset they're trying to trade.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:32 AM 07-29-2019
Cubs Shopping Martin Maldonado

Originally Posted by :
The Cubs acquired catcher Martin Maldonado from the Royals just two weeks ago, though Chicago is already exploring the possibility of flipping Maldonado elsewhere, The Athletic’s Robert Murray reports (subscription required). The veteran backstop “has been marketed in trade discussions….with the Houston Astros emerging as a particular team of interest,” The Athletic’s Patrick Mooney writes.

Willson Contreras hit the injured list at roughly the same time as the original Maldonado trade, and since Contreras is now back in action, Maldonado is something of an expendable piece on a Cubs catching depth chart that also includes Victor Caratini. Maldonado has seen barely any action since coming to Wrigleyville, and is hitless (0-for-11) over 13 plate appearances in four games for the Cubs.

If Maldonado is dealt, it will be interesting to see what the Cubbies will net in return, given that they sent a fairly interesting asset in swingman Mike Montgomery to Kansas City for Maldonado in the first place. Montgomery has struggled in 2019, though he has posted good results in the past and is under control through the 2021 season.

It isn’t any surprise that Houston is again linked to Maldonado, as the Astros were had interest in obtaining him from the Royals before he was dealt to Chicago. If a deal was completed, it would mark the second straight year that the Astros picked Maldonado up in a trade deadline move; Houston nabbed him from the Angels last July.

[Reply]
Mecca 06:34 AM 07-29-2019
If Syndergaard is dealt to San Diego or Houston the Mets will look really bad as those teams are good with pitchers.
[Reply]
Page 187 of 301
« First < 87137177183184185186187 188189190191197237287 > Last »
Up