ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3072 of 3903
« First < 2072257229723022306230683069307030713072 30733074307530763082312231723572 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:24 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
100k cases today
I've been told the number of cases doesn't matter.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:31 AM 11-05-2020
Don't know if anyone heard about this Denmark-Mink covid transmissions with everything else going on but it is fascinating and concerning at the same time.

In Denmark they have had human - mink - human transmission and covid has mutated quite a bit before it was transmitted back to human. Currently there is 12-17 people in Denmark with this mutated mink covid that they know of. Denmark was planning to kill all of them by 2024 but now they are going to do it now.

The concern is the mutated virus has a mutation that they found through testing that causes resistance to antibodies and maybe to vaccines.

Doesn't appear so far that this mutated virus is any more or less lethal or symptoms change which is good news.

I have to say though it worries me how easy this virus can spread to animals and then back to us.

There is several other countries including the US that has mink farms.

Originally Posted by :
All mink must be killed as a result of COVID-19

The Statens Serum Institut has found a mutated form of corona virus in mink. It poses such a serious danger to public health that the government has decided that all mink in Denmark must be killed. (Article published by coronasmitte.dk) News , Published: November 4, 2020

The mutated form of the virus that Statens Serum Institut has found, showed reduced sensitivity to antibodies and it is a variant of the virus that can migrate from mink to humans. There is a risk that a future vaccine will not have an effect on the mutated form of virus.

And there is a risk that the mutated form of virus could spread to other countries.

Therefore, the government has decided that it is necessary to kill all mink in Denmark, including the breeding animals, even though it is a serious decision for the country's mink farmers. At the same time, the authorities will announce a number of additional restrictions tomorrow, which will apply to the population in a number of municipalities in North Jutland and Himmerland.

The Government has therefore decided that the situation is now so serious that both the infected herds and the herds in the immediate vicinity of the infected herds must be killed.

Efforts to kill mink throughout the country will be coordinated through the National Operating Staff (NOST). The police and the Armed Forces, together with the Danish Veterinary and Food Administration, will intensify the killing of the animals.

Mink breeders who kill their animals themselves will receive increased compensation.

[Reply]
petegz28 10:35 AM 11-05-2020
She woke up this morning with symptoms. So it looks like we were for sure out of the window of infectiousness I guess.
you are the most contagious 2-3 days before symptoms onset.
[Reply]
loochy 10:39 AM 11-05-2020
She woke up this morning with symptoms. So it looks like we were for sure out of the window of infectiousness I guess.

quit being a weasel and go lock yourself in a room
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:40 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Chitownchiefsfan:
I've been told the number of cases doesn't matter.
They dont....
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:41 AM 11-05-2020
O the Super Spreading Dentist
[Reply]
Monticore 10:41 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
quit being a mink and go lock yourself in a room
FYP
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yep. I know this sounds a bit odd but strictly from a isolation\quarantine time perspective, you're better off getting it and having symptoms. You just hope you don't get so sick you go to the hospital or worse. But your 10 days starts the day of symptom onset vs. day of test result for asympto. And you have 10 days and you're done. If you're "exposed" it's 14 days from date of exposure. If you're living with the person you're exposed too then it's 10 days from either onset or test date plus 14.

So it's almost like you're better off getting it with symptoms and moving on. It's just all the suck that comes along with getting it that, well, sucks.
How are you feeling pete?
[Reply]
loochy 10:49 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
FYP

you clever canuck
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:51 AM 11-05-2020
Good news and I think o.city would say very expected.

pic.twitter.com/kHaFg3OPJN

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) November 5, 2020

[Reply]
petegz28 10:52 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Back to work today. Still a touch tired and still can't quite taste things like before but overall I am doing good.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:52 AM 11-05-2020
Back to work today. Still a touch tired and still can't quite taste things like before but overall I am doing good.
[Reply]
TLO 10:53 AM 11-05-2020
Good news and I think o.city would say very expected.

At least

Yes it's very good news.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:53 AM 11-05-2020
Don't know if anyone heard about this Denmark-Mink covid transmissions with everything else going on but it is fascinating and concerning at the same time.

In Denmark they have had human - mink - human transmission and covid has mutated quite a bit before it was transmitted back to human. Currently there is 12-17 people in Denmark with this mutated mink covid that they know of. Denmark was planning to kill all of them by 2024 but now they are going to do it now.

The concern is the mutated virus has a mutation that they found through testing that causes resistance to antibodies and maybe to vaccines.

Doesn't appear so far that this mutated virus is any more or less lethal or symptoms change which is good news.

I have to say though it worries me how easy this virus can spread to animals and then back to us.

There is several other countries including the US that has mink farms.
Saw it this morning on the news. Apparently Spain has put down a substantial number of minks as well.
[Reply]
Otter 10:55 AM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Saw it this morning on the news. Apparently Spain has put down a substantial number of minks as well.
Good time to buy a coat?
[Reply]
TLO 10:57 AM 11-05-2020
Please read this about the mink.

This new mink COVID-19 mutation story, which is making the rounds on Twitter is highly problematic. There are elements of truth in it but the reporting is completely irresponsible.
1/https://t.co/SiZxtmwwKE

— Prof Francois Balloux (@BallouxFrancois) November 4, 2020

[Reply]
Page 3072 of 3903
« First < 2072257229723022306230683069307030713072 30733074307530763082312231723572 > Last »
Up