ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2868 of 3903
« First < 1868236827682818285828642865286628672868 286928702871287228782918296833683868 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
TLO 03:51 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
We're seeing a small uptick here in Buchanan. We've had counties around us that don't have medical facilities that have had outbreaks in nursing homes, so I think this may have something to do with it.

Our cases per day have been steadily increasing around here though. We were averaging 4 or 5 a day for a while and now seem to be closer to 11-12 per day.
Though we seem to go up and down every couple weeks. I'm just afraid eventually one of these upticks is going to keep going up.
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:52 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Anyone else have elementary school-aged kids?

How are you planning on handling the (almost certain) possibility of them being virtual for a large portion of the year?
Yep a 2nd grader. With how I can basically work whenever I want I am considering home schooling, but my fiance is totally against it.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:52 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
UNC is shutting down in person classes just after 1 week because they had 130 positive cases and probably have much larger outbreak occurring. Who could have predicted that. :-)
If they have only been going 1 week then how is this an outbreak at UNC? This spread didn't happen and they get these tests and results in 7 days.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:00 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Yeah but the demon-sperm doctor says they're wrong. So I guess it's a wash.

These kind of post might interfere with the natural selection process, you are messing around with Mother Nature .
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:02 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
If they have only been going 1 week then how is this an outbreak at UNC? This spread didn't happen and they get these tests and results in 7 days.
What you are saying isn't what he said. They have 130 kids that have test positive, so more than likely they've been spreading it which leads to a larger outbreak. Try using a little bit of critical thinking and common sense. 130 kids had a highly contagious virus. With what we know it seems reasonable to think upwards of 1000 students have it and have been potentially spreading it.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:06 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Anyone else have elementary school-aged kids?

How are you planning on handling the (almost certain) possibility of them being virtual for a large portion of the year?
I have an 8 th grader which is part of the elementary school here , right now I plan on sending both him and my 10th grader to full time school if our cases stay the same no new cases sin over a month.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 04:13 PM 08-17-2020
USD 383 is doing hybrid learning, masks required or online schooling. The hybrid version they will go to school for a full school day on either Monday and Tuesday or Thursday and Friday with the schools being deep cleaned on Wednesday and weekends. The days they aren't physically in school they will be learning online.
[Reply]
Donger 04:17 PM 08-17-2020
The top infectious disease doctor in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said Monday, “We’d better be careful when we say ‘Young people who don’t wind up in the hospital are fine, let them get infected, it’s OK.’ No, it’s not OK."

“In individuals who are young and otherwise healthy, who don't require hospitalization but do get sick and symptomatic enough to be in bed for a week or two or three and then get better, they clear the virus – they have residual symptoms for weeks and sometimes months,” he said during a American Society for Microbiology briefing.

Fauci said subsequent check-ups show that many “have a substantially high proportion of cardiovascular abnormalities, evidence of myocarditis by MRI and PET scans, evidence of emerging cardiomyopathies.”

He said this is “really troublesome” because it is evolving on a day by day basis.

“These are people that supposedly recovered from Covid-19,” Fauci said.

“I'll guarantee you if we have this conversation again, six months to a year from now, we’ll be reviewing the literature about talking about the long-term deleterious effects of non-hospitalized patients,” Fauci said.
[Reply]
dlphg9 04:28 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
The top infectious disease doctor in the US, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said Monday, “We’d better be careful when we say ‘Young people who don’t wind up in the hospital are fine, let them get infected, it’s OK.’ No, it’s not OK."

“In individuals who are young and otherwise healthy, who don't require hospitalization but do get sick and symptomatic enough to be in bed for a week or two or three and then get better, they clear the virus – they have residual symptoms for weeks and sometimes months,” he said during a American Society for Microbiology briefing.

Fauci said subsequent check-ups show that many “have a substantially high proportion of cardiovascular abnormalities, evidence of myocarditis by MRI and PET scans, evidence of emerging cardiomyopathies.”

He said this is “really troublesome” because it is evolving on a day by day basis.

“I'll guarantee you if we have this conversation again, six months to a year from now, we’ll be reviewing the literature about talking about the long-term deleterious effects of non-hospitalized patients,” Fauci said.
That doesn't sound good at all.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 05:07 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Recently published CDC study on the mental health challenges attributed to Covid

Mental Health, Substance Use, and Suicidal Ideation During the COVID-19
Pandemic — United States, June 24–30, 2020

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/...mm6932a1-H.pdf

Summary

What is already known about this topic?

Communities have faced mental health challenges related to
COVID-19–associated morbidity, mortality, and mitigation activities.

What is added by this report?

During June 24–30, 2020, U.S. adults reported considerably
elevated adverse mental health conditions associated with
COVID-19. Younger adults, racial/ethnic minorities, essential
workers, and unpaid adult caregivers reported having experienced disproportionately worse mental health outcomes,
increased substance use, and elevated suicidal ideation.

What are the implications for public health practice?

The public health response to the COVID-19 pandemic should
increase intervention and prevention efforts to address
associated mental health conditions. Community-level efforts,
including health communication strategies, should prioritize
young adults, racial/ethnic minorities, essential workers, and
unpaid adult caregivers.
People need to stop being selfish.
[Reply]
TLO 05:44 PM 08-17-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

So he's saying that people that get hit hard by the virus but don't end up needing hospital care sometimes have lingering effects?

What about the ones who only get a mild infection?
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:49 PM 08-17-2020
We’re approaching long-term effects for everyone
[Reply]
TLO 05:53 PM 08-17-2020
This virus is approaching, if not already, the most studied virus in human history. I wonder how much of this stuff we'd find if we studied other viruses this much?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:37 PM 08-17-2020
smh Dr. Deborah Birx said today we should have locked down like Italy. No fucking shit?

:-)

Dr. Deborah Birx: "I wish that when we went into lockdown we looked like Italy. But when Italy locked down, I mean, people weren't allowed out of their houses ... Americans don't react well to that kind of prohibition." pic.twitter.com/B9Xe0XncnA

— The Recount (@therecount) August 17, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 06:45 PM 08-17-2020
Comparing locking down the entire US to Italy is fucking stupid. You’re talking about 328 million people versus 60.
[Reply]
Page 2868 of 3903
« First < 1868236827682818285828642865286628672868 286928702871287228782918296833683868 > Last »
Up