ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 3903
« First < 4595135141142143144145 1461471481491551952456451145 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Why Not? 09:11 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
If this is CV, March Madness is cancelled tomorrow. Wow.
It’s gonna be cancelled anyway.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 09:12 PM 03-11-2020

Nebraska men’s basketball team is not leaving Bankers Life Arena. They were brought their food outside the locker room. They are not letting people back to the area now. I just walked back to the area here and they told me no one from Nebraska will be made available.

— Andy Katz (@TheAndyKatz) March 12, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:12 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
The hoax shit is overblown and completely misreported. No one and I mean no one ever said the virus was a hoax. That's not what was said.
FTR, There is video, tweets etc of them calling it a hoax. We are in the lounge and the truth is easily googled and found.
[Reply]
tyecopeland 09:14 PM 03-11-2020
I'm really tired of the media coverage and resulting over blown reactions to this. Yes it's dangerous and contagious. Yes theres not a vaccine or treatment right now. But, most of the people who contract it show no or very little symptoms and aren't being reported in the statistics "proving" how deadly this is. Many of the people suffering the worst from this are people with risk factors or other problems who would also be more susceptible to a bad case of the flu but are able to get a flu shot to prevent that.

My town canceled stuff as soon as 1 person was tested 'presumably positive' for it. It just seems utterly ridiculous even in a town as international as this one.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:18 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by ShowtimeSBMVP:
Always knew nebraska had aids
[Reply]
suzzer99 09:18 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I find this to be far more helpful than the stuff suzzer was posting earlier.
The blue line is the stuff I've been posting - how it's going to progress w/o taking steps to limit contact.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:19 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I'm really tired of the media coverage and resulting over blown reactions to this. Yes it's dangerous and contagious. Yes theres not a vaccine or treatment right now. But, most of the people who contract it show no or very little symptoms and aren't being reported in the statistics "proving" how deadly this is. Many of the people suffering the worst from this are people with risk factors or other problems who would also be more susceptible to a bad case of the flu but are able to get a flu shot to prevent that.

My town canceled stuff as soon as 1 person was tested 'presumably positive' for it. It just seems utterly ridiculous even in a town as international as this one.
The response is not overblown. Canceling stuff is to prevent the disease from spreading too fast and overwhelming our heath care system. Survival rates for the vulnerable populations you mention will greatly increase if they have access to health care. Very reasonable response.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Yeah, I heard him and his sky is falling diatribe. I've also heard medical professionals who don't necessarily agree with him.
So the infectious disease epidemiologist was.....just fear mongering?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:20 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
FTR, There is video, tweets etc of them calling it a hoax. We are in the lounge and the truth is easily googled and found.
'THEM CALLING IT'

:-) :-) - the proganda power of generic pronouns.

Sure glad we're keeping political bullshit out of our sacred spaces
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:21 PM 03-11-2020

You use your mouth purtier than a $20 whore.

Can you use your tie to tie me up, ty?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:22 PM 03-11-2020

If one person tested positive, that likely means a dozen are currently infectious.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 PM 03-11-2020
I find this to be far more helpful than the stuff suzzer was posting earlier.
I"ve found some really good follows on twitter about this stuff. No bluster or stuff just straight forward. Can recommend if interested.

Trevor Bedford, Caitlin Rivers and Scott Gottlieb are really good follows.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 PM 03-11-2020
If one person tested positive, that likely means a dozen are currently infectious.
It's on the chart I just posted.

At this point, it's all about slowing it down so Hospitals don't get overwhelmed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:27 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
'THEM CALLING IT'

:-) :-) - the proganda power of generic pronouns.

Sure glad we're keeping political bullshit out of our sacred spaces
exactly. Not calling out or mentioning names or tribes. Just a generic them. I’m trying to follow the rules in a topic that has obvious political entanglements.
[Reply]
Bugeater 09:28 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Always knew nebraska had aids
HEY GODDAMNIT
[Reply]
Page 145 of 3903
« First < 4595135141142143144145 1461471481491551952456451145 > Last »
Up