Bugeater 05:36 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Asterix *
Wait...nvm. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 05:48 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by 2112:
I’m good Red, I hope you are too.

I always thought he had pretty thick skin. So it’s pretty funny that he’s this butt hurt over the Chiefs winning the SB.

Maybe because he can’t talk down to you guys in a condescending way anymore?

God knows we've had worse enemy trolls here over the years, but he was such a smug, pompous, persistent ass that he really outshined most of them. He was also just as annoying in DC as he was in the main forum.

I think he saw the writing on the wall and bailed. Don't miss him at all, and hope he never comes back. Good fucking riddance.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 06:13 AM 04-23-2020
This was his last post on here from 11-25-19:

Originally Posted by Amnorix:
The insane overreaction this thread has triggered reflects some serious "sick to death of Pats fans on here" sentiment. Imma gonna walk away from the crazy.
So, he kinda stuck to his post . . . . . . . . . kind of.

‘Last Activity: 02-03-2020 09:12’

He was here the morning after the Super Bowl observing our reactions. Not a simple ‘Congrats’ or anything though. Kind of odd. He was kind of a smug Pats fan, though. But, hell, even most of our obnoxious Donko fans came on here at some point to acknowledge it. Odd that he didn’t, considering how long he was on this BB.

Oh well, easy come easy go.
[Reply]
Frazod 06:17 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

He was here the morning after the Super Bowl observing our reactions. Not a simple ‘Congrats’ or anything though. Kind of odd. He was kind of a smug Pats fan, though. But, hell, even most of our obnoxious Donko fans came on here at some point to acknowledge it. Odd that he didn’t, considering how long he was in this BB.

Didn't realize that.

Probably just as well he didn't post. It would have probably been some backhanded shit like "Oh, I remember how great it felt when Brady won his first Super Bowl, but it was so long ago." Although the ensuing dogpile would have been fun. :-)
[Reply]
2112 06:19 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

He was here the morning after the Super Bowl observing our reactions. Not a simple ‘Congrats’ or anything though. Kind of odd. He was kind of a smug Pats fan, though. But, hell, even most of our obnoxious Donko fans came on here at some point to acknowledge it. Odd that he didn’t, considering how long he was on this BB.

Let’s put the timeframe into perspective here. When he started that thread the Chiefs were on a losing streak and the Pats were on a winning streak. After he left the Chiefs went on a winning streak and the Pats shit the bed. Strange coincidence that he never came back after that.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:50 AM 04-23-2020
Asterix won't be back until the Patriots are relevant again. Which, I'd expect, won't be any time soon.
[Reply]
banyon 11:05 AM 04-23-2020
Surprised no one posted this, but he has lurked since this thread started.
Attached: Amnorix.PNG (55.1 KB) 
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 11:09 AM 04-23-2020
Oh, he's around. He won't give the satisfaction of logging into that account for awhile, but rest assured - he's around.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:11 AM 04-23-2020
After the Superbowl he sent congrats to several people on here thru rep or pm's.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 04-23-2020
I never had a single problem with the guy. He participated in a ton of non-football related threads and was always cool to me, whether it was in the threads, PM's and rep notes.

I hope he's safe and well.
[Reply]
burt 11:38 AM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I never had a single problem with the guy. He participated in a ton of non-football related threads and was always cool to me, whether it was in the threads, PM's and rep notes.

Ditto.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 12:15 PM 04-23-2020
Considering how the world has changed for New England... many fans are wondering how to cope. I mean since 2001, they've only known greatness.

Only 1 season with fewer than 10 wins, all those rings and their worst season was a 9-7 affair. An entire generation of Patriots' fans were born and now graduating high school without ever knowing what it was like to have a bad season, much less suffering through suck. They're in for a crazy awakening, one far greater than multiple generations of Cowboys' fans.
[Reply]
FAX 12:27 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Considering how the world has changed for New England... many fans are wondering how to cope. I mean since 2001, they've only known greatness.

Only 1 season with fewer than 10 wins, all those rings and their worst season was a 9-7 affair. An entire generation of Patriots' fans were born and now graduating high school without ever knowing what it was like to have a bad season, much less suffering through suck. They're in for a crazy awakening, one far greater than multiple generations of Cowboys' fans.
Will they actually fall off a cliff, though?

I mean ... just how difficult will it be to replace Squishy Balls with another guy who can throw a 5-yard pass?

FAX
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:28 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:

I mean ... just how difficult will it be to replace Squishy Balls with another guy who can throw a 5-yard pass?

FAX
When Bill retires, yes. I don't think he will stick around for long post Brady.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:34 PM 04-23-2020
Originally Posted by FAX:

FAX
That offense is refried ass and that defense is starting to show its age. Not a good combination for the longterm. But, if Bill wants to prove a point, he'd be the coach who'd miraculously turn it around.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

Same. He always struck me as a good dude and I enjoyed our conversations. His arrogance was a bit much but Pats fans, by their nature, are arrogant simply because their team has had how many consecutive winning seasons at this point? It'd be great to talk to him again but I can't blame him for peacing out after the pile on he got in the fall.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 18
« First < 51112131415 161718 >
Up