ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 80
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread
The Franchise 02:47 PM 07-24-2015
Just called in and got it for free again....plus a $10 bill credit for 12 months and a $5 bill credit for 6 months.

Didn't even have to haggle with the guy.

Anybody else tried yet?
[Reply]
DaFace 06:53 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Not Directv related but...

Has anyone purchased Game>Pass from NFL.com?

They are offering it at $99.99 which provides access through July 31, 2019.

Is it worth it?
Can I get it cheaper than that?
I don't think I personally could get as much out of games if they aren't live.
[Reply]
Chiefs Pantalones 08:57 PM 08-05-2018
I got it for free again. The Max as well. I also got $60 off my bill for the next 12 months. It was easier this time. The rep was real nice. The key, by the way, is to be patient, be nice and get a woman. They’re nicer and want to do a better job for you. Even if you have to call back. This is my 7th year in a row getting it for free.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:30 PM 08-05-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't think I personally could get as much out of games if they aren't live.

That’s my issue too.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:48 AM 08-06-2018
DaFace would rather you all buy a Vader stream.
[Reply]
wheeler08 06:23 AM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones:
I got it for free again. The Max as well. I also got $60 off my bill for the next 12 months. It was easier this time. The rep was real nice. The key, by the way, is to be patient, be nice and get a woman. They’re nicer and want to do a better job for you. Even if you have to call back. This is my 7th year in a row getting it for free.
You gotta be kidding me, that’s some Jedi mind trick stuff. I’ve never gotten it for free, half off is best I’ve done. What in the world are you saying to them?
Please share your Jedi ways

But I will agree getting a woman is key. In the past year I consider to be lucky just getting someone that speaks English as a first language
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:43 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
Wow. Just told DTV I wanted to cancel service and they didn't blink an eye. Spent 5 minutes on the phone with them and have cancellation set up for a week from now. I guess we'll see if they call me in the next couple of days.
Just called to cancel and I got the same thing. Didn't even try. Oh well....fuck you DirecTV.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:49 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Just called to cancel and I got the same thing. Didn't even try. Oh well....**** you DirecTV.
I kinda thought someone would call me to get me back, but not yet. Screw 'em.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:51 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I kinda thought someone would call me to get me back, but not yet. Screw 'em.
I think my plan right now is to try the Reddit streams during the first couple of weeks. If they work well....I'll just continue with those. If not....then I'll grab the Gamepass from NFL.com.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:59 PM 08-06-2018
I think my plan right now is to try the Reddit streams during the first couple of weeks. If they work well....I'll just continue with those. If not....then I'll grab the Gamepass from NFL.com.
Once you get the hang of it, they work fine. Just know that you're getting into some pretty scammy websites. Adblocker is a must, and be prepared to close a bunch of random stuff. Just don't install anything (force quit if you have to), and you'll be fine.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:00 PM 08-06-2018
The thing that bothers me about Game Pass is it looks like they put the scores up. I may have my wife set up each afternoon to get the game started so I don't have to see it. I don't mind watching games after the fact as long as I don't know the outcome.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:05 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Once you get the hang of it, they work fine. Just know that you're getting into some pretty scammy websites. Adblocker is a must, and be prepared to close a bunch of random stuff. Just don't install anything (force quit if you have to), and you'll be fine.
Do you think it's better then to run them off of my laptop and hook that up to my TV versus using a browser on my Roku?
[Reply]
Fish 02:12 PM 08-06-2018
Do you think it's better then to run them off of my laptop and hook that up to my TV versus using a browser on my Roku?
The Roku browser has far fewer security vulnerabilities. But that's also because it has considerably less compatibility with all the different video streaming codecs. If your Roku browser can stream the streams, then use that. But I doubt it will work for most streams.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:13 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
The Roku browser has far fewer security vulnerabilities. But that's also because it has considerably less compatibility with all the different video streaming codecs. If your Roku browser can stream the streams, then use that. But I doubt it will work for most streams.
Is ADBlock enough with Chrome to run it on my laptop then?
[Reply]
Fish 02:17 PM 08-06-2018
Is ADBlock enough with Chrome to run it on my laptop then?
Yeah, but just know that it still won't block 100% of all popups. Sometimes you'll still get popups, and they can be really shady in the way they work. Like they'll show you a little "X" button that looks like the button to close the ad, but it's actually just a link to more popups. Just tread carefully and whatever it tells you, know that you don't have to download or install anything. If you click a bad link and can't get back, just force close the browser and start over. Once you watch a few games, the behavior will become clear.
[Reply]
Iczer 02:35 PM 08-06-2018
I did the reddit streams last year, cut the cord. It's not bad.

With my samsung tv, it has a browser built it.

It seemed like the more popular streams had lag and would freeze sometimes. Sometimes I'd have to go back and find a whole new stream because the current stream just crapped out.
Ads galore
KU basketball games seemed to be the worst to watch. It would be hard to find quality streams that stayed up long enough.
Like someone stated above, the ads were shady with the "click x" to close stuff. I just used my remote on my tv to control the mouse pointer so that was slow enough. If I clicked the wrong x, it'd load a new page and i'd have to go back. Sometimes I'd have to refresh again and start over. (could have just been my tv)

But they're still the best option I could find, after sportsarefree was shutdown.

I just moved and my dad is actually going to move into my spare room in the basement. His request was to have cable and he'd pitch in. So It's back to google fiber I go :-)
[Reply]
Page 47 of 80
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up