ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2817 of 4885
« First < 1817231727172767280728132814281528162817 281828192820282128272867291733173817 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:41 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Damn... you checked a fan board for feedback? :-)
No...just quickly referenced it to get a temperature...they've watched him perform every week. You haven't and neither have I...

So what if you guys had gone with Garopollo...kept your draft picks and DT/TE? The guy has won big games when he's healthy...beat the Rams in their stadium in week 18...beat the Cowboys/Packers in their stadium too.

People hate on him...but that's still an impressive post-season hit list. Way more impressive than what Wilson has recently done.

Then draft a young QB early to groom?

Would your team be in better position if you had drafted Mac Jones?
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:44 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I would imagine Von goes back to LA... dunno what Wagner has left, have not followed him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cap/2022/
170 tackles last year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:46 PM 03-11-2022
Just bc the Broncos have Russ doesn’t mean they are better or in serious contention.

The Chiefs have Andy Reid who is a HOF coach one of the best coaches for divisional play.

Hackett seems like a nice offensive coach but he is not Andy Reid. Chiefs still have the better HC and QB. And our GM is one of the best in the business
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:55 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Just bc the Broncos have Russ doesn’t mean they are better or in serious contention.
Both Mahomes and Herbert are better QBs at this point in time...and both teams have better rosters. They also have their prime draft capital the next two seasons...and Herbert is cheap for a few more seasons.

Donks should be happy...I guess...they finally sold the farm for a QB who isn't terrible....the real question is if the rest of the team can be competitive enough. This method didn't work in Seattle....Wilson couldn't carry them. That "new toy" smell fades pretty quickly...

They need both a DE/DT now...and those are picked through by the end of the 2nd. Their O-line is average at best...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:02 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
170 tackles last year.
Named to an All Pro team for the 8th consecutive year.

He's alright.

It's still insane to me that this guy doesn't get spoken of as one of the best of all time. He's insanely good.
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:26 PM 03-11-2022
From my "owl on the branch" perspective...these types of "all in" moves are usually reserved for teams close to a championship...not a mediocre one that is just hoping to become competitive. There is residual fallout from it...(see 2015 Donks)

Donks will have an entirely new coaching staff...one that will be hamstrung to create a roster in their image. They wont have the resources to build this team organically...it's going to have be through FA. How do they do that when they dont even know what they have yet...which players schematically fit and which dont.

This looks like a desperation PR move more than a shrewd strategic one...Donks dont have an Arron Danold, Kupp, OBJ, Ramsey type of roster and they no longer have the top picks to build one.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 05:11 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
From my "owl on the branch" perspective...these types of "all in" moves are usually reserved for teams close to a championship...not a mediocre one that is just hoping to become competitive. There is residual fallout from it...(see 2015 Donks)

Donks will have an entirely new coaching staff...one that will be hamstrung to create a roster in their image. They wont have the resources to build this team organically...it's going to have be through FA. How do they do that when they dont even know what they have yet...which players schematically fit and which dont.

This looks like a desperation PR move more than a shrewd strategic one...Donks dont have an Arron Danold, Kupp, OBJ, Ramsey type of roster and they no longer have the top picks to build one.
:-)
[Reply]
manchambo 06:40 PM 03-11-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Named to an All Pro team for the 8th consecutive year.

He's alright.

It's still insane to me that this guy doesn't get spoken of as one of the best of all time. He's insanely good.
People just don’t focus on inside linebackers that much. Who is the last superstar at that position? Urlacher? Roquan Smith is scary good, but you sure don’t hear much about him compared to Khalil Mack, Von Miller, the Bosas, Watt, etc. I guess sacks rule.

Don’t know why, because the middle is still important. But it seems like lot of teams focus on edge and fill in what they can in the missile.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:19 PM 03-12-2022

Let's play, "Which one's Mahomes!"

68.2%
2.32 TD's per game
.60 INT's per game

OR

66.3%
2.34 TD's per game
.59 INT's per game

* These numbers were from the past two seasons.
** Two games where Russ came back too early from injury were removed
*** Mahomes has Andy Reid calling plays for him
**** One of these QB's are supposedly showing severe signs of regression
[Reply]
lcarus 09:03 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

68.2%
2.32 TD's per game
.60 INT's per game

OR

66.3%
2.34 TD's per game
.59 INT's per game

I don't know but one of them was sitting on the couch watching the other play in conference championship games and Super Bowls the last 4 seasons.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:18 PM 03-12-2022

68.2%
2.32 TD's per game
.60 INT's per game

OR

66.3%
2.34 TD's per game
.59 INT's per game

You do know that when comparing statistical samples, if you apply a covariate to one set of data, you have to do the same to the other, right?

You don't just get to remove two games from Wilson coming off of injury to make things convenient to your argument. You have to do the same for Mahomes when he was pressing through deep shell coverages and needed a few weeks to crack them. After all... coming off of injury or adjusting to new plays... if one of them has a bad set that's not indicative of how he'll play going forward, then surely the other one is the exact same.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 09:30 PM 03-12-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You do know that when comparing statistical samples, if you apply a covariate to one set of data, you have to do the same to the other, right?

You don't just get to remove two games from Wilson coming off of injury to make things convenient to your argument. You have to do the same for Mahomes when he was pressing through deep shell coverages and needed a few weeks to crack them. After all... coming off of injury or adjusting to new plays... if one of them has a bad set that's not indicative of how he'll play going forward, then surely the other one is the exact same.
If there was a blatant injury that I knew was hindering Mahomes' play, like say an injured finger and torn tendon in his throwing hand, I would've adjusted those numbers for Mahomes too. That was a legitimate 6 week injury and Wilson only missed 3 games.

It seems Russell Wilson has had that same issue with deep shell coverages. I've seen a fair number of Seahawk fans mentioning that over the past few days.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 10:49 AM 03-16-2022
Go Hawks Let's Ride!

Day 1 in Denver! Inspired by the courage these amazing kids have! @Ciara & I had a blast today! @ChildrensColo 🧡💙 Broncos Country… #LetsRide pic.twitter.com/Lw2sYhTrLG

— Russell Wilson (@DangeRussWilson) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 03-16-2022
If there was a blatant injury that I knew was hindering Mahomes' play, like say an injured finger and torn tendon in his throwing hand, I would've adjusted those numbers for Mahomes too. That was a legitimate 6 week injury and Wilson only missed 3 games.

It seems Russell Wilson has had that same issue with deep shell coverages. I've seen a fair number of Seahawk fans mentioning that over the past few days.
Coming out of college, Wilson's big plus was his intermediate accuracy. Over the past few years, he's basically thrown that out the window in favor of the deep ball, which he's still really good at, but can be more easily neutralized by soft shell coverages. He's struggled against Cover 2/3 concepts, much like other QB's that rely on the deep ball exclusively.

I think he can get his groove back but the offense will have to be tailored for it - Seattle didn't do him any favors by building the offense the way they did.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:21 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Coming out of college, Wilson's big plus was his intermediate accuracy. Over the past few years, he's basically thrown that out the window in favor of the deep ball, which he's still really good at, but can be more easily neutralized by soft shell coverages. He's struggled against Cover 2/3 concepts, much like other QB's that rely on the deep ball exclusively.

I think he can get his groove back but the offense will have to be tailored for it - Seattle didn't do him any favors by building the offense the way they did.
Yeah, I think they'll fix that with the offense and we're probably staring at a situation where Wilson is a 6,000 yard and 50+ TD guy each of the next 3-4 seasons. Just spitballin' here...

[Reply]
Page 2817 of 4885
« First < 1817231727172767280728132814281528162817 281828192820282128272867291733173817 > Last »
Up