ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy, Veach and Donovan get extended
RunKC 06:07 PM 04-22-2024

The trio continues.

We have signed Mark Donovan, Brett Veach, and Andy Reid to contract extensions.

��: https://t.co/71cLlC4pZz pic.twitter.com/KH5frQh5SR

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 23, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 07:44 AM 04-23-2024
Happy to see Veach and Reid get extended. I feel like Donovan should have probably gotten a stadium deal done to earn his.
[Reply]
myselff77 08:03 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Happy to see Veach and Reid get extended. I feel like Donovan should have probably gotten a stadium deal done to earn his.
You're forgetting the Chiefs are playing chess. Donovan did his part to free the organization to work out a deal wherever it makes the most sense for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
wazu 09:18 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
You're forgetting the Chiefs are playing chess. Donovan did his part to free the organization to work out a deal wherever it makes the most sense for the Chiefs.
Okay, but if that was intentional all he's successfully accomplished is the "fuck everything up" part. Any fool can do that.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:02 AM 04-23-2024
Happy for Reid and Veach. Not Donovan he's a little rat.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:12 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Happy for Reid and Veach. Not Donovan he's a little rat.
I don't like him either but he makes Clark money.

Sometimes it's good to have a rat on your side.
[Reply]
tk13 11:25 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Okay, but if that was intentional all he's successfully accomplished is the "**** everything up" part. Any fool can do that.
I don't know but I'd bet they don't feel that way. The Royals fumbled around with different sites and plans and all that. The vibe I get from Clark and Donovan was if you want to keep Arrowhead this is the plan.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:33 AM 04-23-2024
And look at all the little bitch Bengals and Ravens fans crying in the comment section.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 11:34 AM 04-23-2024
God Florio is such a douche. Sorry if Q:

nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/chiefs-finally-take-care-of-andy-reid

Somehing was wrong with this picture.

Chiefs coach Andy Reid, one of the greatest to ever do it, was making only $12.5 million per year. Roughly half of what Bill Belichick was believed to be making in New England.

It needed to change. It finally has changed. And while it shouldn’t have taken that long for the Chiefs to take care of Reid, better late than never.

Along the way, the Chiefs were indeed preparing for the possibility that Reid would retire after the 2023 season. The fact that he didn’t doesn’t change the fact that the Chiefs were preparing for the possibility. (Even though plenty of Chiefs fans believe that, by not retiring, Reid absolutely never considered it and the Chiefs absolutely never anticipated the possibility.)

Here’s where I’ll pull back the curtain, a little bit, on how the sausage gets stuffed. If/when I’m barking up the wrong tree on something, I’ll inevitably hear about it — from someone with the team, someone associated with the person (if not the person himself), or an intermediary who has been assigned the task of setting me straight. Not once did I hear a peep from the Chiefs or Reid or anyone connected to them that the Chiefs weren’t or shouldn’t be preparing for the possibility that Reid would retire.

Publicly, everyone said what they had to say. Privately, the Chiefs were indeed preparing for the possibility that Reid would retire.

Without a major raise, maybe he would have. Maybe he (or his agent) suggested retirement as an option without a new deal. Maybe it would have been an option. Why keep doing the job for 50 percent of what Belichick was getting?

There’s no salary cap for coaches. Reid could have, in theory, pulled a Sean Payton, taking a year off and then naming his price for, say, the Bills.

The move helped Payton get to, reportedly, $20 million per year. Whatever happened behind the scenes got Reid what he deserves. If, along the way, he had to make the Chiefs consider their options for life without Reid in order to make it happen, so be it.

Because it worked.
[Reply]
PHOG 11:40 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by :
Not once did I hear a peep from the Chiefs or Reid or anyone connected to them that the Chiefs weren’t or shouldn’t be preparing for the possibility that Reid would retire.
Maybe because they're tired of your ignorant ass!!

Originally Posted by :
Without a major raise, maybe he would have. Maybe he (or his agent) suggested retirement as an option without a new deal. Maybe it would have been an option. Why keep doing the job for 50 percent of what Belichick was getting?
Maybe they just wish you would go away like YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO BITCH!!
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:42 AM 04-23-2024
God damn can Florio kill himself already?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:49 AM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
This guy related to Tom Cruise by chance?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 12:25 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
The Chiefsifacation of One Arrowhead Drive continues
uh we are the chiefs
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:52 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
God damn can Florio kill himself already?
WTF? From when he's going to retire to now, they underpay'd him all these years. :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:59 PM 04-23-2024
Yeah, Florio, I'll bet Andy's really concerned about being the highest paid coach.

Sheesh... I know he's done interviews with Reid before, but it's like he doesn't even know who Andy Reid is.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:04 PM 04-23-2024
:-) Dude just outright admitted to making shit up.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 7
< 12345 67 >
Up