ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 39
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
loochy 09:23 PM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Yeah, sorry to hear man. I played sports through high school but never had any serious injuries. Only bone I've ever broken is a rib playing basketball. I've been lifting for 2 decades now and besides some occasional hip issues, I'm mostly pain free there too although not as strong as I used to be. I'll take that tradeoff every day as I age though.

Stories like yours remind me to treat my body like a temple. Hope you get some relief with your recent surgery.

I've never felt better since I quit playing soccer. I played for about 30 years. Enough is enough. My ankles are super stiff from repeated ankle sprains. I have a weirdly pointing middle toe from a nice break. In the same game I broke that toe I also partially tore my left hamstring, which still makes a nice ball/knot when I flex it. I partially tore part of my right rectus femoris and now it looks deformed when I flex it and it cramps really bad if I happen to move it just the right way. I have huge bony protuberances on both knees from a bad case of Osgood-Schlatters when I was in junior high. I tore my left groin, and now it has a nice lumpy knot in it too. I have scars all over my shins and knees from getting cleated. Those were all from soccer.

Weightlifting is much safer. The only injury I've had from that is a fully torn left pec.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:52 PM 07-07-2022
What's the advantage to a bro split? I feel like with the upper lower split you are hitting muscles 2X a week and gives you more flexibility if you miss a day it's easy to make it up.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:02 PM 07-07-2022
For me I do better when I overload. Only working one group a day gives more energy and concentration during the session as well as adequate time for recovery.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:05 PM 07-07-2022
Originally Posted by loochy:
I've never felt better since I quit playing soccer. I played for about 30 years. Enough is enough. My ankles are super stiff from repeated ankle sprains. I have a weirdly pointing middle toe from a nice break. In the same game I broke that toe I also partially tore my left hamstring, which still makes a nice ball/knot when I flex it. I partially tore part of my right rectus femoris and now it looks deformed when I flex it and it cramps really bad if I happen to move it just the right way. I have huge bony protuberances on both knees from a bad case of Osgood-Schlatters when I was in junior high. I tore my left groin, and now it has a nice lumpy knot in it too. I have scars all over my shins and knees from getting cleated. Those were all from soccer.

Weightlifting is much safer. The only injury I've had from that is a fully torn left pec.
Agree 200%. I lift now to alleviate injuries from goal keeper. Muscle is basically only thing keeping my shoulders in place these days. So much arthritis. May have to have part of clavicle removed because it is so arthritic now.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:31 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
What's the advantage to a bro split? I feel like with the upper lower split you are hitting muscles 2X a week and gives you more flexibility if you miss a day it's easy to make it up.
There isn’t.

Muscle don’t need 7 days off before they’re hit again.

Don’t bro split unless it’s part of a reload plan for something like 2-4 weeks.
[Reply]
SupDock 05:56 AM 07-08-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
For me I do better when I overload. Only working one group a day gives more energy and concentration during the session as well as adequate time for recovery.
This is me as well. I try to hit the 20 set per week per group range and my gains have been good.
[Reply]
alicestevens 07-08-2022, 08:47 AM
This message has been deleted by Bearcat.
mr. tegu 10:23 AM 07-08-2022
I got the fitness reality squat rack power cage off Amazon about a month ago. I’ve been very pleased with it, especially for the price I got which was on sale for just $200. I haven’t done squats with a rack in a few years since we had kids and cancelled the gym memberships. I was just using 50 lbs dumbbells loaded on shoulders for squats which was never the most comfortable. Made up for it by doing various other leg workouts to isolate one leg but I’m excited to finally be getting some more weight on my legs.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:15 PM 07-12-2022
So I've got a doctors appointment this Friday. Any recommendations for things to bring up when it comes to hormone therapy? I don't know if PCP's even care about that shit....or it's just a hard no when you bring it up or what.
[Reply]
Shoes 01:33 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So I've got a doctors appointment this Friday. Any recommendations for things to bring up when it comes to hormone therapy? I don't know if PCP's even care about that shit....or it's just a hard no when you bring it up or what.
I'm assuming you mean TRT therapy- I would mention classic low testosterone symptoms:

-Low sex drive.
-Erectile dysfunction.
-Decreased sense of well-being.
-Depressed mood.
-Difficulties with concentration and memory.
-Fatigue.
-Moodiness and irritability.

If you want to tank your testosterone before a blood test that is a different story but you can:

-Don't sleep prior to test
-Drink alcohol the night before
-Hour or so before test, consume a decent amount of sugar
-Exercise vigorously the day before (extra long run or heavy workout)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 01:42 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Agree 200%. I lift now to alleviate injuries from goal keeper. Muscle is basically only thing keeping my shoulders in place these days. So much arthritis. May have to have part of clavicle removed because it is so arthritic now.
I had a hip replaced a month ago. Doing the other one in September. Bone on Bone on the left and 80% gone on the right. I walked 1.5 miles 4 days after surgery. I cannot wait until I can hike and Mountain bike without pain again. I pretty much abused my body in my younger years. Ran Thousands of miles and then switched to bike racing. Knew something was up when my front hips felt numb after a hard training rides. I would have tried stem cell but the joints were so arthritic the Dr told me it would be a waste of money.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:24 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
I had a hip replaced a month ago. Doing the other one in September. Bone on Bone on the left and 80% gone on the right. I walked 1.5 miles 4 days after surgery. I cannot wait until I can hike and Mountain bike without pain again. I pretty much abused my body in my younger years. Ran Thousands of miles and then switched to bike racing. Knew something was up when my front hips felt numb after a hard training rides. I would have tried stem cell but the joints were so arthritic the Dr told me it would be a waste of money.
Hope you get back to 100% so you can beast mode through the trails.

I have noticed relief from so any other pains by getting my disc replaced.

Can't wait to get a few more things fixed and see how much better I feel after.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:37 PM 07-12-2022
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Since my truck is a POS I've decided I'm getting a bike to get around the city til the market settles down then I'll look at cars.

Any bike recommendations?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:21 PM 07-13-2022
drinking less dew to prepare for knee replacement.

gained 1.5 pounds.
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:42 PM 07-15-2022
So no go through my actual doctor. I have to jump through like 10 hoops just to even get a shot at it.

Online it is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:16 PM 08-11-2022
Started TRT on Monday. Had my second shot today. We’ll see how this goes.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 39
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up