ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3124 of 3903
« First < 2124262430243074311431203121312231233124 31253126312731283134317432243624 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
sedated 12:58 PM 11-16-2020
I've caught myself wearing a mask in my car, but only because I forgot it was there. I guess I don't despise them to the point its all I can think of when its on.

Kinda like wearing a tie, if you aren't used to them they can be awkward at first, but after a while its easy to forget its there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:00 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thats the two main reasons.
Dumb is the only reason.

I see people here not wearing masks and I know for a fact who they vote for.
[Reply]
TLO 01:11 PM 11-16-2020
I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm starting to question the efficacy of masks.

I've been a big supporter of masks since the beginning. I still think their biggest role might be lowering the amount of virus you get when you're around an infectious person. If so, that's still a potentially huge benifit. I will continue wearing my mask each day for this reason alone.

But at this point we're seeing such accelerated spread all over the country and all over the world. We have political leaders standing at podiums telling us we're failing at social distancing, wearing masks, etc. Frankly, it's getting old.

Did the entire world just decide to stop with the masks and social distancing? Is that why cases are going up? I think not. I do think people are tired of the restrictions, but I don't think that's why there is such an increase in cases.

There's something else going on that we're not seeing. Yet.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:18 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I don't want to be "that guy", but I'm starting to question the efficacy of masks.

I've been a big supporter of masks since the beginning. I still think their biggest role might be lowering the amount of virus you get when you're around an infectious person. If so, that's still a potentially huge benifit. I will continue wearing my mask each day for this reason alone.

But at this point we're seeing such accelerated spread all over the country and all over the world. We have political leaders standing at podiums telling us we're failing at social distancing, wearing masks, etc. Frankly, it's getting old.

Did the entire world just decide to stop with the masks and social distancing? Is that why cases are going up? I think not. I do think people are tired of the restrictions, but I don't think that's why there is such an increase in cases.

They probably help to some point. More so in controlled setting but I imagine in a real world filled with Billions of people the effects will be minimal. Hell, even the politicians clamoring for them aren't following their own guidelines.
[Reply]
Hawker007 01:26 PM 11-16-2020

I agree. People, for the most part, are being pretty good about the social distancing and mask wearing. I don't think that's what is causing the rapid increase in outbreak. My theory is that it's younger people. They don't have any symptoms, but are spreading it to older people unknowingly.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:26 PM 11-16-2020

I went to Norty's last saturday. No masks on anyone elbows and asses touching on everyoue, same as first ward. That has to be a microcosim of what is happening everywhere. P
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:30 PM 11-16-2020

Here in Clinton we have had a huge spike and it is because of very few mask wearing people out, indoor dining\gatherings and schools.

Right now I think the rural areas are getting hit the hardest which is where less mask and SD is happening.

Here is story that St Louis hospitals are turning away rural patients.

https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...ign=user-share
[Reply]
O.city 01:34 PM 11-16-2020
Masks are just a part

People throw on a mask and think it means all the rest doesn’t matter
[Reply]
petegz28 01:41 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
New KCMO restrictions. He should just close indoor restaurants, bars, gyms etc

You gonna pay the bills and salaries if he shuts them down?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:42 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Just got confirmation that my dad tested positive - along with 6 of his golfing buddies.

He's doing ok - said he doesn't really feel all that bad. Has had a off & on fever for the last couple days & told me today that he lost his sense of taste. Also has a little bit of a stuffy nose and upset stomach.
That's about what I had. Took a few days before taste and smell came back but is only I'd say at 90% and that's about 14 days later.

I am still tired a lot too.
[Reply]
O.city 01:42 PM 11-16-2020
F we know the safety stuff of the vaccines now what the hell are we waiting for?
[Reply]
petegz28 01:44 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Thanks. Clinic told him he had to quarantine for 10 days from first sign of symptoms which was last Monday night. He's been locked up in his house since then. Hoping he's through the worst of it, but I've seen several people the last couple weeks that appeared to be on the way out of it, only to have it kick in worse than before.
If he hasn't gotten worse since last Monday then most likely he has had what he is going to have. It is very much like the flu, the way you feel. Tired, achy, and just feel like "I'm sick". If he hasn't developed a cough then he is doing very well all things considered.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Masks are just a part

People throw on a mask and think it means all the rest doesn’t matter

[Reply]
TLO 01:46 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
F we know the safety stuff of the vaccines now what the hell are we waiting for?
:-)

They should be reviewing data around the clock in an attempt to push this thing out the door. I also don't understand why they can't start distributing the vaccine to states at this point either.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:49 PM 11-16-2020
:-)

They should be reviewing data around the clock in an attempt to push this thing out the door. I also don't understand why they can't start distributing the vaccine to states at this point either.
Sad part is, there is no rush. Not gonna get more into that because it's all politics.
[Reply]
Page 3124 of 3903
« First < 2124262430243074311431203121312231233124 31253126312731283134317432243624 > Last »
Up