ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Injury report this week?
Direckshun 09:50 AM 01-13-2021
It's Wednesday, and I assume we've had two practices so far this week.

Yet I do not see an injury report anywhere. Am I missing anything?
[Reply]
In58men 01:59 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Didnt Watkins leave the game a few weeks ago with a calf injury or am i the only one who remembers that?
Yeah, you’re right. I didn’t think about that lol.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:00 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Didnt Watkins leave the game a few weeks ago with a calf injury or am i the only one who remembers that?
Yes calf injury.

Just another injury to his fragile glass legs.

Hamstring, calf... he's never healthy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Obviously you haven't been lurking around here very long. And we don't even know yet exactly why Sammy didn't practice today. But "OverreactionPlanet" is always happy to make WAGs, because "CP."

Welcome to CP though.:-)
Sammy didn't practice because of his calf, which he injured a couple of weeks ago.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:04 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Sammy didn't practice because of his calf, which he injured a couple of weeks ago.
So Andy or some coach actually said that Sammy didn't practice because of that calf injury today after practice?

This is all I'm getting at. Do we have an actual statement from a coach about the reason Watkins didn't practice today, or are we just guessing based on the fact that Watkins left the NOR game(?) because of a strained calf?

If we do have a statement I would really appreciate a link, please.
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:04 PM 01-13-2021
Watkins may stay in KC this offseason, though.

Nobody is going to offer him money, and we may be able to keep him for pennies.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:05 PM 01-13-2021
So Andy or some coach actually said that Sammy didn't practice because of that calf injury today after practice?

This is all I'm getting at. Do we have an actual statement from a coach about the reason Watkins didn't practice today, or are we just guessing based on the fact that Watkins left the NOR game(?) because of a strained calf?

He was a DNP for Chargers week with a calf injury. So unless something happened off the field since then, that's the issue.

https://www.chiefs.com/team/injury-report/
[Reply]
SupDock 02:06 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Dude is done.
Day to day?

Fuck. He's done for
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:08 PM 01-13-2021

No Reid just said Watkins didn't practice but the injury report will be out shortly. Week 17 he didn't practice because of his calf so the assumption is this is the same today.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:19 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Watkins may stay in KC this offseason, though.

Nobody is going to offer him money, and we may be able to keep him for pennies.
No amount of money is worth it for a guy that might play 6 or 7 games a season.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:24 PM 01-13-2021
No amount of money is worth it for a guy that might play 6 or 7 games a season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM 01-13-2021
Not enough.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 02:32 PM 01-13-2021
OBJ? Wth? Are we talking about the guy that is sitting in bed right now because he blew up his leg?

The guy that couldn't get open all season before he hurt his leg?

The guy that takes plays off, doesn't block, talks shit constantly, about his own team and coaches if you don't force-feed him the ball?

That OBJ?

Hard pass.
Thats the one. Listen, if Sammy balls out in the playoffs forget it and bring him back for a 3 peat. If not, time to freaking move on. I'll throw the dice on an OBJ with something to prove if the contract is right. Cant be any worse in regards to availability than Sammy that past several years. If not, like I said, draft Watkins' replacement in the first round. Keep surrounding Pat with weapons.

All of that being said, Watkins better freaking be ready to go Sunday.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:36 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Thats the one. Listen, if Sammy balls out in the playoffs forget it and bring him back for a 3 peat. If not, time to freaking move on. I'll throw the dice on an OBJ with something to prove if the contract is right. Cant be any worse in regards to availability than Sammy that past several years. If not, like I said, draft Watkins' replacement in the first round. Keep surrounding Pat with weapons.

Watkins has played in 34 games the past 3 years. OBJ has played in 35.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:52 PM 01-13-2021
Not enough.
I agree that Sammy needs to be on the field more, period.

But let's at least be factual. Sammy has played 34 out of a possible 47 regular season games for KC since becoming a Chief. And played 5 out of 5 playoff games.

So it's more accurate to say that Sammy played (including playoffs) 12 games in his first year as a Chief, 15 in his second, and we'll see here in his third.

And in those playoff games, he's amassed 24 catches, for 464 yds, 1 TD, for 19.3 yds/catch. He averages just under 100 yds/game in the playoffs on just 4.8 catches/game, and catches 71% of the passes thrown at him.

And really, that's why he's here. Not to amass regular season numbers, but to put up those kinds of numbers in the playoffs, in the biggest games, against the best defenses in the league. I don't actually care how many catches he gets against DEN in week 6 or whatever.

But yeah, this year was disappointing so far as Sammy was concerned, in the regular season. It wasn't all his fault, but he missed 6 games, period.

EDIT: Sammy has 476 yds in the playoffs as a Chief.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:32 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:

Okay, I guess. But even skipping the part where OBJ hasn't played in anymore games than Sammy over the last couple years, OBJ hasn't even played up to his average over that span. And he's not even a good substitute for what Sammy does in KC's offense. He isn't a good run-blocker, he isn't a physically impressive receiver, he's not a good improv player, and he's basically the opposite of a team-first player.

OBJ caught just 54% of passes thrown at him over the last two seasons. Sammy caught nearly 64%. Basically if you force-fed Sammy the ball, he'd out-produce OBJ by several hundred yards/season.

Please explain why Andy would want to see OBJ in Chiefs' red, because I really don't get it.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up