ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 101
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns (Divisional Round)
TLO 07:49 PM 01-10-2021
A little surprised, but not THAT surprised.
[Reply]
TEX 10:54 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
Pretty much agreed on all points. Hopefully Delpit comes back 100. This game seems unwinnable. Would have to be a perfect storm of great performance, a few breaks, and then, even then, the Chiefs helping by beating themselves.

Tough to stare down the barrel of a team's schedule and see only one outlier: The Raiders game... five punts and an INT, apparently Mahomes running around off-script for much of the game. Didn't watch much and not sure I can find it. What am I missing CP? Was this just a fluke or is there a glimmer of "formula" here?
That game KC had two TD's taken off the board due to flag-happy refs. KC went up by 10 and about to blow it wide open at 17, when a Hill TD got called back due to "holding." Then, Kelechi Osemele blew both his knees out on one play and Watkins went down with a calf injury, and the offense wasn't the same. I also think that once KC got up, they figured "they had this."..Having said that, the real story of that game from that point on, was that the Raiders controlled both sides of the LOS. Also they hit on EVERY BIG downfield play. The kind of plays where you just shake your head at some of the catches they made. It all went bad for KC in bunches, but they were still very much in the thing till the end.
I think to have a chance, Cleveland will have to hit on big plays downfield. It's a false narrative to think you can beat KC by playing running the ball to play "keep away." You need that and you MUST hit on your shock plays and hope KC is off their game.
[Reply]
Mav 10:55 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
i dont think there will be a ton of free agents signed on defense. i could see the browns drafting a WR mid to later burner type, CB, LB, DL will be the other positions they draft or sign FA here or there.

ronnie harrison has been really good and is a perfect SS Grant delpit is a ball hawk with range will be coming back off injury for FS . Ward and Mitchell with Greedy possibly back at CB. Injuries derailed the Secondary

the linebackers need to step up takitaki is coming on and phillips has flashed they need another stud as well as a long term pass rusher opposite garrett.
I love Ronnie Harrison. My issue with him is that he is always hurt. Can you remember a game where he didnt leave hurt? I would re-sign Karl Joseph. I do not believe they will sign a lot of free agents. I could see them signing an end to replace Vernon in free agency. I like Jacob Phillips a lot, but we need a true linebacker, i really like that LB from Notre Dame. He is who i hope we draft. As far as receivers, i do not see us taking anyone in the draft. OBJ will be back, we have no choice with his contract, Higgins re-sign, Landry, DPJ, and Khaderel Hodge. The one wild card is what do you do with Njoku? But, that is the offseason, and i will enjoy this week, regardless of what happens. No one in their right mind would of said the Browns would be playing on divisional weekend. So, I personally will worry about that after this weekend.
[Reply]
Mav 10:57 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
That game KC had two TD's taken off the board due to flag-happy refs. KC went up by 10 and about to blow it wide open at 17, when a Hill TD got called back due to "holding." Then, Kelechi Osemele blew both his knees out on one play and Watkins and went down with a calf injury, and the offense wasn't the same. Having said that, the real story of that game from that point on, was that the Raiders controlled both sides of the LOS. Also they hit on EVERY BIG downfield play. The kind of plays where you just shake your head at some of the catches they made. It all went bad for KC in bunches, but they were still very much in the thing till the end.
I think to have a chance, Cleveland will have to hit on big plays downfield. It's a false narrative to think you can beat KC by playing simply running the ball to play "keep away." You need that and you MUST hit on your shock plays.
I agree with that. And before last week we had seen that happen a few times where the Browns tried to just milk the clock. The Titans game, and the Cowboys games both come screaming to mind. I dont think that the Browns will play conservative at all. I believe they will be extremely aggressive. The biggest issue is that we do not have any weapons that can truly stretch the field.
[Reply]
Mav 10:59 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
We're all happy that the Browns/Mayfield, Lamar, Bills got their first playoff wins.

Now go back to the kids table, shut up and sit down.
No disrespect, but this is the same behavior that Pats fans showed Chiefs fans when they finally won a playoff game. The fact is that the next 5 years with the Ravens, Chiefs, Browns, Bills is going to be extremely entertaining.
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 10:59 AM 01-13-2021
I perused the Browns message boards the last few days to see what they were saying and it is like looking back in history.

It started Monday with golly gee I'm just happy to be here, playing with house money, this is the best thing that ever happened!

Now on Wednesday it has evolved to, you know, the Chiefs really are beatable. We match up well with them, I think we can beat them. Sammy Watkins was talking trash and their defense isn't good and this is our time to shine because we are gritty.

That will evolve to Friday with, hell yeah, we are gonna win this game and go to the Super Bowl. We are a team of destiny, Baker Mayfield, ZOMG.

We've been there. We beat Houston and it was on to the Patriots and we could beat them too! Then Tom Brady happened and we had Alex Smith, a decent, but not great QB. And the playoff QB difference was evident in so many ways. You just don't bring in a mediocre QB and beat a generational talent.

I kind of feel bad for them in a way, but I'm ready to get this game on Sunday to show everyone we are still the defending Champs and who won 21 of 22 games going back to last year and it's not a fluke.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:00 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
He's a Ravens fan? :-)
Not positive but here’s his first post.

Originally Posted by 1postanddone:
This whole thread is destined to be irrelevant when the Chiefs lose to the Ravens next week.

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:00 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Here is is.

The 11K was actually the highest he could remember, not the average. So it's even worse than I made it out to be.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6205890-b...ng-chiefs-game
Over 26,000 yards... which is 525 fifty yard chunks. And I guess if you're averaging that on a play and then going back to the huddle, back to the sidelines, etc, it'll add up... it's just so insane it seems far, far off. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:03 AM 01-13-2021
If Mayfield can play out of his ****ing mind like Carr did twice they have a 50/50 chance.

Oakland played flawlessly in both games and still should have lost the first game if the refs didn’t have their heads up their ass.
[Reply]
Mav 11:06 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If Mayfield can play out of his ****ing mind like Carr did twice they have a 50/50 chance.

Oakland played flawlessly twice and still should have lost the first game if the refs didn’t have their heads up their ass.
The problem is that we do not have a Darren Waller on offense. There is no one on the Browns without OBJ that can stretch the field. We have great route runners, with great hands, but there are going to be plays where it is 3rd and 18 where there just isnt going to be a way to make it happen. The issue is that the Chiefs having more talent everywhere except running back, no disrespect to CEH and Bell, and offensive line as a whole, the Chiefs offense which is superior to everyone in football, will get to play the worst defense by far left in the playoffs, and the Browns offense which is good at what it does will have to play your defense which has guys who have won super bowls, and have that experience. It is just not a recipe for success.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 11:18 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

The Raiders broke all tendencies, on offense and defense. The Chiefs just responded poorly.
stefanski is a good coach the team will be as well prepared as any with lots of wrinkles.

i just seen that against the steelers they ran almost all cover 2 defense after running 1 snap of it all year.

stefanski is the 2nd highest go for it on 4th down % in the nfl as well.

im pumped for the game :-)
[Reply]
DawgDays 11:21 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
I agree with that. And before last week we had seen that happen a few times where the Browns tried to just milk the clock. The Titans game, and the Cowboys games both come screaming to mind. I dont think that the Browns will play conservative at all. I believe they will be extremely aggressive. The biggest issue is that we do not have any weapons that can truly stretch the field.
Hopefully Khaderel Hodge can show out, he can stretch the field. 6'2" / 215 / 4.39. We missed him last week as he has shown improvement and recorded some big plays down the stretch.

Hopefully he has some wind after Covid. :-)
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11:22 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by DawgDays:
Pretty much agreed on all points. Hopefully Delpit comes back 100. This game seems unwinnable. Would have to be a perfect storm of great performance, a few breaks, and then, even then, the Chiefs helping by beating themselves.

Tough to stare down the barrel of a team's schedule and see only one outlier: The Raiders game... five punts and an INT, apparently Mahomes running around off-script for much of the game. Didn't watch much and not sure I can find it. What am I missing CP? Was this just a fluke or is there a glimmer of "formula" here?
The formula is unobtainable this weekend. The way you beat KC is by having Clete Blakeman be the ref. He always fucks us. Took away 2 Reek TD’s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:25 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
stefanski is a good coach the team will be as well prepared as any with lots of wrinkles.

i just seen that against the steelers they ran almost all cover 2 defense after running 1 snap of it all year.

stefanski is the 2nd highest go for it on 4th down % in the nfl as well.

im pumped for the game :-)
Chasing points against the Chiefs almost always leads to bad things for the other team. Whether it's going for it on 4th down or fake punts or whatever, teams tend to press like that against the Chiefs and all it seems to do is give momentum back to the Chiefs.

I know it sounds like arrogance but when you watch the Chiefs play tough teams like the Raiders, Texans, or Titans last year, you saw their coaches do desperate things, almost like there was a palpable fear of falling too far behind.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:25 AM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Mav:
Its bad. I would love to get Hollywood Brown, on the Browns. Baker would have him lighting up secondaries. But Ravens fan say he sucks. Well. When you have a guy who runs a low 4.3 40, and your qb cant throw the ball outside of the numbers, I can hardly see how that is Brown's fault. Could you imagine Mahomes throwing to Brown? Oh wait, you see that already with a faster guy in Hill.
Brown has a lot of trouble with press. He also doesn't have consistently good hands. Were I the Browns GM, I'd look for someone better.

As for Reek, the only CB I've ever seen that consistently can hold his own is J. Ramsey. Gilmore is probably next.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 11:26 AM 01-13-2021
This whole thread is destined to be irrelevant when the Chiefs lose to the Ravens next week.
Yeah so pretty much they are gonna become just like Chiefs fans. "Mahomes is a golden god the undisputed GOAT who no team can even think of ever beating and no other QB in the league past and present is even close to his level of QB holiness
delusional much?
that's precious too bad he isnt gonna accomplish any of those things this year
Ah the good ol days when Mahomes was better than Josh Allen
I thought you left daquix?
[Reply]
Page 51 of 101
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up