ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 100
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CBS: The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs
diqlix 09:12 AM 01-04-2021
Mentions the Chiefs several times, so figured you guys would want to see it.

The Bills are the team no one, including the Chiefs wants to see in the playoffs

Forget the Ravens. Forget the Bucs. The team you don't want to play in January is the Buffalo Bills.

With all due respect to the Packers, the AFC's No. 2 overall seed may very well be the second-best team in the NFL.

The Bills crushed the Dolphins 56-26 in a game Miami needed for their playoff hopes. And maybe we didn't see a 30-point win coming, but it's in line with what the Bills have been doing to teams in recent weeks.

Buffalo has had a top-five scoring defense since Week 12. If not for the Hail Murray they would have finished on a 10-game win streak dating back to before Halloween.

And then there's Josh Allen. The third-year franchise quarterback has, in consecutive weeks, set the Bills single-season records for passing touchdowns and passing yards.

What I love most about the Bills is that they aren't even letting teams hang around. Since that Week 10 loss to the Cardinals, not a single team has finished within a possession of the Bills.

I go back to that Week 6 loss to the Chiefs. Head coach Sean McDermott picked his poison and let the Chiefs' run game beat them up so that Patrick Mahomes wouldn't. Kansas City rushed for 245 yards and Mahomes passed for 225 yards.

But with about 5 minutes left in the game and down 23-17, the Bills forced a Clyde Edwards-Helaire fumble that would have given the Bills the ball at the Kansas City 31.

They would have had a chance to take the lead against the Chiefs there. But instead, the replay showed Edwards-Helaire's knee was down just before the ball came out. Mahomes took the Chiefs down for the field goal and that provided the final margin of victory.

Allen is a better quarterback today than he was then. The defense is playing far better ball. And after sweeping the Patriots and beating the likes of the Seahawks and Steelers, the Bills now know how to win big games.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/t...insider-notes/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:44 AM 01-04-2021
Chances are the Bills and Chiefs won’t even play. The teams on a “collision course” never seem to both make it far enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:48 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
If riding blowout waves led to wins in the playoffs the Chiefs would have stomped the Pats a few years ago.
Nothing leads to playoff wins.

Past performance does not indicate future results. He said it himself.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:51 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Nothing leads to playoff wins.

Past performance does not indicate future results. He said it himself.
Being the best team, with the best QB typically does.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:53 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Being the best team, with the best QB typically does.
Josh Allen is the best QB. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:54 AM 01-04-2021
:-)
[Reply]
notorious 10:55 AM 01-04-2021
Keep on racking up those regular season awards. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:57 AM 01-04-2021
The Bills are the 2019 Ravens. QB married to scheme that is confusing most teams.

The problem for Buffalo is that KC is one of the teams that understands how to play Allen.

Allen had less than 100 yards passing with 8 minutes to go in the game.
[Reply]
notorious 10:57 AM 01-04-2021
As Chiefs fans, we were sitting in Bills fans shoes a few years ago. I completely understand their excitement, and it's cool.

The difference is, we KNOW Mahomes will perform when it really matters. The Bills fans have no idea, just speculation.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:58 AM 01-04-2021
As Chiefs fans, we were sitting in Bills fans shoes a few years ago. I completely understand their excitement, and it's cool.

The difference is, we KNOW Mahomes will perform when it really matters. The Bills fans have no idea, just speculation.
Well to be fair, a lot of us knew how those Chiefs teams would perform when it really mattered. :-)
[Reply]
notorious 11:00 AM 01-04-2021
Well to be fair, a lot of us knew how those Chiefs teams would perform when it really mattered. :-)
We had seen so many QB-lacking teams of ours to realize the real deal when we saw it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:01 AM 01-04-2021

Josh Allen's only TD in postseason play was a trick play on the 1st drive as a WR. After that he got shut out of the end zone by the Steel Curtain defense of the Houston Texans.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:02 AM 01-04-2021

I was impressed with Allen's play down the stretch last year. I thought they had something there.

Then he shit down his leg in the worst way in that play-off game.

He's been very good this year, but I can't shake how he just collapsed.

Compare that with how Mahomes handled adversity, coming from behind in 3 straight postseason games to snatch victory.

My money's on Mahomes until shown otherwise.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 11:04 AM 01-04-2021
Bills better do something this year (they won't), because expect some serious regression from Allen once Daboll leaves.
[Reply]
carcosa 11:05 AM 01-04-2021
The Bills are frauds and the Chiefs will destroy them!!!!!!!
[Reply]
crispystl 11:05 AM 01-04-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I do think there's a chance the Bills will be upset by the Colts. Cocky teams with little playoff experience tend to have issues when the competition level suddenly jumps up a level.

Yeah I actually see that games as something like 60/40 65/35 myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 4 of 100
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up